am2009

Immigration queues BKK?

On 2/11/2023 at 4:35 PM, gainsbarre said:

Arrived yesterday around 19.45
Took me like 10 min to pass immigration and 5 min for luggage
Been like this for the last 5 months it really improved. They even organise people to go in thai passport booths to make it faster.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A536B met Tapatalk

I have done 5 flights between November last year and now. It's been a lottery. Long queues and no queues. It also depends on what gate you land and time. Mid January took a very long time. Early February almost walk in without the queue. The rest was reasonable with a bit of a queue but not unreasonable. With no queues at immigration the baggage waiting is understandable. 

For some odd reason staffing has become an issue all over the world and Thailand is no exception. 

1 hour ago, Rodrigo said:

I have done 5 flights between November last year and now. It's been a lottery. Long queues and no queues. It also depends on what gate you land and time. Mid January took a very long time. Early February almost walk in without the queue. The rest was reasonable with a bit of a queue but not unreasonable. With no queues at immigration the baggage waiting is understandable. 

For some odd reason staffing has become an issue all over the world and Thailand is no exception. 

I arrived December 25, no problem, 5 minuets, I was surprised 

I departed a couple of days ago, Long queues, but pretty good really 

2 hours ago, mike746 said:

I arrived December 25, no problem, 5 minuets, I was surprised 

I departed a couple of days ago, Long queues, but pretty good really 

Last year one time at departure the queues had backed up to the escalator. So as you say it's a lottery. I think doing away the landing card has also made it a lot easier. 

Last year one time at departure the queues had backed up to the escalator. So as you say it's a lottery. I think doing away the landing card has also made it a lot easier. 
Agree that departure can still be bad. Arrival has been OK over the last couple of months

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A536B met Tapatalk

Anyone else been in or out the last 2 weeks all calming down or still a scrum ? 

4 hours ago, whiteshirt said:

Anyone else been in or out the last 2 weeks all calming down or still a scrum ? 

When I landed early afternoon last Friday the arrivals area was extremely busy. I didn’t have too much of a difficulty navigating things though. My only issue was that I didn’t change any money near the baggage claim. A. It was too busy and B. I thought I read that there were better rates on the lower level. But once I got to the taxi level I couldn’t find any exchanges and my bank card didn’t work in the ATMs. Luckily I had enough THB in my pocket from last trip to pay the taxi

Arrived in BKK and they sent us to a different immigration entrance as one was full. The other was fairly full too. 

Baggage area was chocker mostly because people don't know that if they get out of immigration and just stand there in a group no one can walk past. This is entirely foreigners and not Thai by the way. Especially people who come in a group. 

8 hours ago, CanadaVisitor said:

When I landed early afternoon last Friday the arrivals area was extremely busy. I didn’t have too much of a difficulty navigating things though. My only issue was that I didn’t change any money near the baggage claim. A. It was too busy and B. I thought I read that there were better rates on the lower level. But once I got to the taxi level I couldn’t find any exchanges and my bank card didn’t work in the ATMs. Luckily I had enough THB in my pocket from last trip to pay the taxi

Yes, you have to go down to the long ramp down to the train station. Quite a few down there.

53 minutes ago, katana57 said:

Thanks Eric …it was 4 hours before flight in my notification email here in uk with emirates for check in  in December , 3 hours is normal for most of us I think 

On 3/2/2023 at 1:48 PM, Rodrigo said:

Arrived in BKK and they sent us to a different immigration entrance as one was full. The other was fairly full too. 

Baggage area was chocker mostly because people don't know that if they get out of immigration and just stand there in a group no one can walk past. This is entirely foreigners and not Thai by the way. Especially people who come in a group. 

Yeah I arrived last Thursday, 6:00 pm, real shit show, massive queues 

These guys are just incompetent, four immigration officials standing around playing with their phones, must have been an important calls, lol

1 hour ago, lbshagger said:

Arrived back yesterday at 4 pm. After arriving at immigration I would say less than 5 minutes and I was through. The walk to immigration took longer. Good to see it has all been revamped. Many desks open, no queues. The baggage was fast, no long wait for the first bag to come through. I think all in all from the time I got to immigration it was less than 15 minutes and I was in a taxi. Walking through my front door before 6 pm. Less than two hours from touch down to home is a record.

Brilliant .. Pattaya is home ? 

8 hours ago, sydney69er said:

Landed yesterday at BKK Saturday 10am

7 minutes to walk from plane to immigration.

3 minutes through immigration

10 minutes to wait for my bag and bang in a taxi. No queues at immigration

Taxi took just over 45 minutes from Old Swampy to Sukhumvit Soi 13, a bit of traffic on the highway. Taxi cost 275 Baht plus 2 tolls, 25 and 50 baht.

Good to be back!

Excellent , thank you , have a great trip 

Edited by whiteshirt

13 hours ago, sydney69er said:

Landed yesterday at BKK Saturday 10am

7 minutes to walk from plane to immigration.

3 minutes through immigration

10 minutes to wait for my bag and bang in a taxi. No queues at immigration

Taxi took just over 45 minutes from Old Swampy to Sukhumvit Soi 13, a bit of traffic on the highway. Taxi cost 275 Baht plus 2 tolls, 25 and 50 baht.

Good to be back!

Well, how many times have you scored since you got there??:D