am2009

Immigration queues BKK?

Hi,
Anyone know what the immigration lines are like at BKK these days? I arrive at 1950 in three weeks time and hoping for a quick exit for obvious reasons!
I landed on the 17th and I booked Bangkok Limousine fast track service.
Am glad I did as my time of landing was 10:40 am and immigration was very busy.
Fast track meant I was off the plane and out of the airport in 10 mins.

Sent from my SM-A805F using Tapatalk

On 11/21/2022 at 10:32 AM, Knobby said:

I landed on the 17th and I booked Bangkok Limousine fast track service.
Am glad I did as my time of landing was 10:40 am and immigration was very busy.
Fast track meant I was off the plane and out of the airport in 10 mins.

Can I ask how much they charged?  One amateurish looking website said 3500b which I took to be a misprint. Another quoted 53.55aud (1300ish bt). There seems to be a huge amount of options (on google at least).

Can I ask how much they charged?  One amateurish looking website said 3500b which I took to be a misprint. Another quoted 53.55aud (1300ish bt). There seems to be a huge amount of options (on google at least).
Look them up.
All prices and services on their website.

29 minutes ago, oliver17 said:

I think Knobby may be referring to these guys, Bangkok Airport Limousine. 1250 baht for fast track service alone, 1090 baht if you book car service along with fast track. I used them on my very first ladyboy trip years ago because I didn't want to be standing in a long immigration line while badly jet lagged. I haven't had need for them since, but it all went off without a hitch when I used them. It was very efficient and fast. They are not a dodgy outfit, they've been around a long time. Their car service was solid also. Spotless cars driven by sane drivers with good English skills. 

https://www.limousine.in.th/fast-track-immigration.php

I've never used it and have never had to wait longer than 15 minutes to get through immigration but have always wondered if it was value for money.

2 hours ago, oliver17 said:

I think Knobby may be referring to these guys, Bangkok Airport Limousine. 1250 baht for fast track service alone, 1090 baht if you book car service along with fast track. I used them on my very first ladyboy trip years ago because I didn't want to be standing in a long immigration line while badly jet lagged. I haven't had need for them since, but it all went off without a hitch when I used them. It was very efficient and fast. They are not a dodgy outfit, they've been around a long time. Their car service was solid also. Spotless cars driven by sane drivers with good English skills. 

I concur with Oliver as they are nothing but professional. I’ve used their services on a few occasions before the pandemic as my plane always land around past 11 pm in BKK. After a 17 hours flight, the last thing I want is to be stranded in the immigration line for over an hour or more. 

If anything it is worth the price to be treated like a VIP by having a young Thai woman waiting for you by holding a placard with your name right as you disembark from the plane. You are then whisked through the immigration express lane in less than 5 minutes!

Edited by george1515

4 hours ago, oliver17 said:

Nice, didn't realise it was an option!  Just booked - 1099 for the fast track + 950 for the car (to the city).

Car is pricey but peace of mind for the entire end-to-end process and probably a decent car too.. so don't mind.

Think I will book the fast track. Can't seem to find the added value in booking the car too though - isn't it a lot more expensive than the typical taxi to the city?

I get the appeal of the seamless nature of it but shouldn't I be able to get an airport taxi for 500 baht? It's been three years since I've been so memories re prices are hazy...

1 hour ago, am2009 said:

Think I will book the fast track. Can't seem to find the added value in booking the car too though - isn't it a lot more expensive than the typical taxi to the city?

I get the appeal of the seamless nature of it but shouldn't I be able to get an airport taxi for 500 baht? It's been three years since I've been so memories re prices are hazy...

You can just book fast track only if you prefer. The car service is certainly more expensive than taxi, but you won't have to wait in the taxi queue (they bring the car directly to you out front of the terminal), and you will also get a driver who won't try to avoid the toll roads and knows where you want to go with no communication issues. 

5 hours ago, oliver17 said:

You can just book fast track only if you prefer. The car service is certainly more expensive than taxi, but you won't have to wait in the taxi queue (they bring the car directly to you out front of the terminal), and you will also get a driver who won't try to avoid the toll roads and knows where you want to go with no communication issues. 

Are the taxi queues long these days? And is Grab an option from the airport?

Are the taxi queues long these days? And is Grab an option from the airport?
No grab possible from airport
To airport no issue
From airport i take a Aot limo for 1050thb no waiting time and easy is however app. Double from a normal cab.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A536B met Tapatalk

When it first opened I liked to take the train - empty, nice leisurely introduction back into Bkk watching the scenery. And dirt cheap. Subsequent visits it has been packed and/or I've been picked up lb gf. Next trip it'll be back to taxi.

On 11/22/2022 at 10:23 PM, am2009 said:

Personally, I think it's best to book the fast track both ways.Always do.

No dramas or stress on the way back.

Immigration lines can be a real lottery.

I think it depends on not the time of day you arrive,but on how many planes are arriving at that time.

15 hours ago, katana57 said:

Immigration lines can be a real lottery.

I think it depends on not the time of day you arrive,but on how many planes are arriving at that time.

Precisely, specially if concurrent flights arriving from East Asia/Sub-continent & now after China's reopening.

Arriving Friday evening from Singapore with Thai
Better take an upgrade with my miles to business to avoid any shit

When I was booking my ticket Rome to BKK there seemed to be a lot of flights arriving in BKK around 11.00am to 2.30ish. Unfortunately mine is one of them!.

ITA then Thai Air. Not cheap either. With extras it was $840.00 AUD. I picked that one because of the 30kg luggage allowance.

10 hours ago, Long John said:

because of the 30kg luggage allowance.

Well got news today that my customer might be flying to Italy to watch my event which means he will take the packages back with him and I will be free as a bird with no large luggage.

Whoppee!, but I wish he had told me a few days ago. I could have booked a cheaper flight without having to worry about the luggage aspect. Never mind, musn't grumble.

Arrived yesterday around 19.45
Took me like 10 min to pass immigration and 5 min for luggage
Been like this for the last 5 months it really improved. They even organise people to go in thai passport booths to make it faster.