Sign in to follow this  
RadgeArse79

Travel Cost and Accomadation Q4 2022

Well I'm looking now to Book from the UK to Bangkok for 20 nights. Tears are forming in my eyes and the high cost. If I book right now it's 1k return. The hotel cost is  extreme too. Now I'm not shy of cash for my trip, but the increase is not sitting well with me.

Has anyone else booked recently? or see the increased price?

obviously different places in England and the UK have different prices but where I am it's not good.

I've noticed many hotels have increased their prices. Was going to stay at Aloft or Mercure but for me it's not really worth what im getting for the money. There are still some hotels with good prices. Few examples Galleria 10 and Hotel Solo at soi 2. I'm sure there are others to find with good value for money.
When it comes to flights i'm happy to have saved up a bunch of Avios and Eurobonus that i've used on my next trip. So i don't really pay too much.

I recently booked Hotels in Bkk for November. Compared to many many years befoe, prices paid in Euro did not change really. The flight prices did increase about 50 percent compared to pre covid times.

7 hours ago, RadgeArse79 said:

Has anyone else booked recently? or see the increased price?

The airfare boosts are easily understood. Two factors: increased fuel prices (thanks, Putin) and reduced airline capacity. Fewer seats = higher prices.

Hotel prices plummeted thanks to COVID but as LOS started reopening and dropping the restrictions, prices have crept back up. The hotel i've booked for January 2023 is now charging about 20% for than they were in February of 2022, but no more than they were before COVID hit. My sense was that many of the hotels are back to where they were pre-COVID but are not raising prices above those levels. From what I hear from a friend in the Thai hospitality business, occupancy rates are still well below where they were in late 2019.

Flight price was double what I normally pay , Galleria soi10 which is 5 mins walk too CIB was cheaper by a couple of quid, great hotel , lady prices equal or less than pre covid £60/70 for a st shag of a hot little fuck stick on legs .. still the best country on the planet 

I have seen price increases for flights about 30% but not hotels. That has maintained. 

I made a reservation at the Mercure Soi 11 back in July for this coming January. My room was booked at 2800 baht per night. A few months earlier they'd been asking 2400 baht for the same room.

Just checked for the same dates, and the going rate has been raised to 3534 baht, just over a 25% increase. Strikes me as rather extreme.