Sign in to follow this  
sornierob

Dawin since reopening

Has anyone stayed at the Dawin since reopening?  Planning on being there first 2 weeks of December. 

Thinking of booking it too. it was nice before, straightforward, clean safe budget hotel at the old location. Hope the new one is the same. Book on their site for a reopening discount.

Yes. The lobby area has been completely rennovated. There is a bar/cafe type area at the front that is larger than before. When I stayed recently thre was no service there year, though I suspect this will change soon.The reception area now has a keycard restriction to get past a big glass door now.

The rooms are nice. I don't know if the room was rennovated or not as I always remember the rooms being good. There was no room service or anything in the minibar besides the free water. The hotel was very quiet, which I see as a plus.

I received an email before arriving asking when I would arrive as the reception is usually closed from 11pm to 6am. There was a security guard there then apparently. I'm guessing this was due to low numbers of guests and it just reopening.

I have just booked the Dawin for four nights at the beginning of February, using their reopening deal. I emailed them before booking to check that their guest policy has not changed, and they confirmed that they are girl and ladyboy friendly.

30 minutes ago, Desertsandman said:

I have just booked the Dawin for four nights at the beginning of February, using their reopening deal. I emailed them before booking to check that their guest policy has not changed, and they confirmed that they are girl and ladyboy friendly.

Well, you can't beat the location because it is directly across the street from Why Not. You can sit on the front porch at WN and look directly into the lobby. Like Dray said earlier, it doesn't look like they have anybody manning the front desk late at night, but it's well lit and seems to get a lot of traffic. It really looks like a solid boutique type hotel. 

28 minutes ago, Desertsandman said:

The Dawin is directly opposite WN04 and so I have passed it frequently in the past few months. It has had a good refurb and looks nice and clean from the outside, although the signage is a bit daft, as the main sign is in Thai. 

I can confirm that its LB friendly as many of the WN04 girls have been in there and said that the rooms are nice. I also once saw Patty from CIB and ANO accompany an Indian into there.

That end of Soi 4 tends to have the cheaper hotels which attract a wide range of guests. The majority of the guests that I've seen go in there have been large groups of non farangs. 

It does have a nice looking deck out front, so good for people watching or waving across the street to Why Not bar girls!

Cheers

SAG

My only complaint from my couple of stays at the Dawin was the AC. The room was either hot or walk-in freezer cold. Hopefully they replace their AC system in the remodel. I had no problem bringing in two LBs at a time. If anything, the security was almost too lax.