YoYo27

Bangkok best hotel

15 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

I'm constantly amused by those who fret over how others choose to spend their money.

Good thing that I didn't mention I'm looking at the Kimpton Maa Lai and the Capella for next trip. His head'll explode.:explode: 

Bangkok is one of the cheapest major cities in the world to book a 5 star hotel. You'll get great service at the Mercure too I'm sure but considering how much most would spend on their trip it isn't that big a jump to something like the Sofitel. Of course there are higher end hotels than this but just one example!

On 10/29/2022 at 10:12 AM, mikel said:

Good thing that I didn't mention I'm looking at the Kimpton Maa Lai and the Capella for next trip. His head'll explode.:explode: 

Please double check but Capella is not guestfriendly! 

I have stayed recently in Fraser suites sukhumvit and was great lovely staff and close to major spots , and especially to the weed shops as I love to dabble in that space ^^

I am a cheapo when it comes to hotels and I am perfectly happy at a place like Citrus. My only complaint is that it is a bit of a hoof from there to Sukhumvit and the walk along Soi 13 is a bit boring (though there are some good places to eat like the German Beer House there). 

So I am giving Eleven a try for the first time this trip as I can literally stumble out of bed and be at CIndy's on some of the other interesting places on Soi 11. 

1 hour ago, Uncle-V said:

So I am giving Eleven a try for the first time this trip as I can literally stumble out of bed and be at CIndy's on some of the other interesting places on Soi 11. 

I'll be interested in your review. Soi 11 is a great location. There's plenty of excellent food on Soi 11, a lively freelancer scene at night, and--depending on your mood--you're steps away from the LBs and Cindy's and the GGs at Lusty Lady. That's why Mercure has become my BKK base.

This last trip I stayed at Galleria 10 which was pretty good.  No more than your 4 stars worth, but certainly no less!  As a side benefit Its' barely a stones throw from CIB.  I was happy with it. Good value for money.

I also stayed at Night Hotel for the 2nd part of my trip.  Night Hotel used to be Dream and I had fond memories of it, but t's a shadow of it's former self.  Now the hotel is made up of 2 buildings on opposite sides of the road from each other. The better rooms (allegedly) are in Building 2 (the old Dream hotel).   That's where I stayed, though I was given a viewing of the rooms in Building 1, they were okay but felt a bit clinical.

I don't know if they think they look cool but now the staff all wear black T-Shirts.  They look more like bouncers in a night club than reception staff!  And on the odd occasion they had that kind of "security" attitude as opposed to "welcoming and helpful.  I wouldn't stay there again and  I wouldn't recommend the place either.

3 hours ago, cpenderyn said:

This last trip I stayed at Galleria 10 which was pretty good.  No more than your 4 stars worth, but certainly no less!  As a side benefit Its' barely a stones throw from CIB.  I was happy with it. Good value for money.

I also stayed at Night Hotel for the 2nd part of my trip.  Night Hotel used to be Dream and I had fond memories of it, but t's a shadow of it's former self.  Now the hotel is made up of 2 buildings on opposite sides of the road from each other. The better rooms (allegedly) are in Building 2 (the old Dream hotel).   That's where I stayed, though I was given a viewing of the rooms in Building 1, they were okay but felt a bit clinical.

I don't know if they think they look cool but now the staff all wear black T-Shirts.  They look more like bouncers in a night club than reception staff!  And on the odd occasion they had that kind of "security" attitude as opposed to "welcoming and helpful.  I wouldn't stay there again and  I wouldn't recommend the place either.

Jeeze that place is right on top of CIB. And Pray Raya, a great Thai restaurant, is also close by. I may rebook.

Though I wonder if that is almost too close. Will the girls be tempted to skeedadle from my hotel as soon as we do the deed being so close to the bar?

Hi,

I am completely new here and never have been in Bangkok. I searched a lot for Hotels and for me the The Key Premier Sukhumvit Bangkok looks really nice and has got a lot of good recommendations. Are there any experiences with that hotel?

Greetings

2 hours ago, ethanhunt said:

Anyone stayed at the Fusion Suites (Sukhumvit-soi-21), located in an off-cut alley between soi -15 & Asok MRT. Is it joiner friendly, incl ladyboys?.

Currently, some of their bigger suites on pretty decent price on Agoda.

I stayed there back in 2019. As seen on pics below with Pao & JJ, they are 100% ladyboy friendly and you can take more than one ladyboy to your room with no questions asked.

It has a funky steampunk decor that I liked but it may not be everybody's taste. The overall vibe is almost seedy, but the property is spotless and  the rooms are very comfortable. The beds were extremely comfortable for a mid-priced BKK hotel. It has no pool. The bar / restaurant serves cold beer and pub food on the front patio but there are better dining options right around the corner at Terminal 21 which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. 

The side soi it's located on between soi 19 and Asok is pretty quiet. Directly across the street is an exotic car dealer who has Ferraris, McLarens and Bentleys on display. At the intersection of the Fusion Suites soi and soi 19 is a laundry. They're good but as I recall they do not offer same day service. I don't know if there are other laundries in the area. 

Pao14_.jpgJJ 277_.jpg

17 hours ago, oliver17 said:

I stayed there back in 2019. As seen on pics below with Pao & JJ, they are 100% ladyboy friendly and you can take more than one ladyboy to your room with no questions asked.

It has a funky steampunk decor that I liked but it may not be everybody's taste. The overall vibe is almost seedy, but the property is spotless and  the rooms are very comfortable. The beds were extremely comfortable for a mid-priced BKK hotel. It has no pool. The bar / restaurant serves cold beer and pub food on the front patio but there are better dining options right around the corner at Terminal 21 which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel. 

The side soi it's located on between soi 19 and Asok is pretty quiet. Directly across the street is an exotic car dealer who has Ferraris, McLarens and Bentleys on display. At the intersection of the Fusion Suites soi and soi 19 is a laundry. They're good but as I recall they do not offer same day service. I don't know if there are other laundries in the area. 

Pao14_.jpgJJ 277_.jpg

Thanks @oliver17

Feedback is reassuring, yeah, its on an off-cut alley & appears a tad secluded. Might book the premier suites for a couple of nights. 5-7 minutes moto ride from either Cindy's or CIB.

Wow!, have just been checking out the prices for March. Makes your eyes water.

Going to contact my usual hotel directly and see what they can do. In the past they have included breakfast along with a slightly cheaper rate.

1 hour ago, Long John said:

Wow!, have just been checking out the prices for March. Makes your eyes water.

Going to contact my usual hotel directly and see what they can do. In the past they have included breakfast along with a slightly cheaper rate.

Patience. Rates very frequently drop about two months out. I was looking to book a room at the Mercure Soi 11 for late January arrival. In early Nov. the advertised rate was about $125. In mid-Nov. the rate dropped to $78, and I booked.

Not sure what you're looking to pay, but I see that the rates at the Mercure Soi 11 are as low as $73 in March. Citrus Suites is asking $88 for their executive suite, which is a huge room.

8 hours ago, Bwana_LB said:

Patience. Rates very frequently drop about two months out. I was looking to book a room at the Mercure Soi 11 for late January arrival. In early Nov. the advertised rate was about $125. In mid-Nov. the rate dropped to $78, and I booked.

Not sure what you're looking to pay, but I see that the rates at the Mercure Soi 11 are as low as $73 in March. Citrus Suites is asking $88 for their executive suite, which is a huge room.

Thanks

They know me at the hotel I normally book and have given me a price of 1600b for 2 incl breakfast, so not bad. Grand Business Inn. I do like the staff there. Always get treated well.

Not the "grandest" hotel around, but very convenient to everything and doesn't wear the girls out during the walk from Soi 10. Doesn't have a pool which is a drawback.

That price for the Mercure is good. 

Try looking at the dazzle condo /147 the residence on soi 7 . Very convenient and has a pool . Rates go between 75aud$ up to 110aud depending on the season. Nice size room roof top pool . Has seperate bedroom and living area with a balcony. They change the sheets every 2/3 days. 

On 11/26/2023 at 3:50 PM, Bwana_LB said:

The lower rates at the Mercure didn't last long. The room I paid $78US a night for in late January has gone up to $102US. Better than the $125 they had been asking, but rates seem pretty fluid these days, thanks to dynamic pricing systems.

Don't know how many days a year you are spending in bkk on average? I managed to cut a deal with a fixed rate of 2780thb all year long with exception of the week from 23rd till 1st of Jan
Bf and lounge included.
I am spending average 30-40 nights a year in bkk

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A546B met Tapatalk

I usually begin and end my evenings in Sukhumvit 11, and the refurbished Solitaire located at the bottom on the right turn heading towards Soi 13 is an ideal location, close to my hunting grounds.

Grand Deluxe Room inc breakfast for approximately 3k Baht per night usually covers it..

2206623B-0149-40ED-9402-77075F876E34.jpeg

13CCA5AC-6458-449E-AA27-E0580013D260.jpeg