Sign in to follow this  
Bwana_LB

AIRA Bangkok Hotel

On 11/29/2023 at 2:07 PM, prebss said:

Anyone tried this hotel? Seems like a great location for mongering

I have stayed there a few times. Once when they first opened, then a couple times a few months later. 

Overall, it is a good hotel with clean new-ish rooms. Also good service staff; very friendly. One ongoing problem that I had was that there was a severe bad smell on the 8th floor where the pool and gym are. I don't know if this was ever solved, but it was the case for at least 6 or 8 months. It was unbearable and prevented me from utilizing an otherwise nice gym and pool. 

There is a great rooftop bar (called Pastel) that has great views of Soi 11. You pay for it in the overpriced drinks, but still worth a look. 

Overall, I still recommend this hotel to friends. Even just for the unbeatable location. It's a great value compared to Mercure just 100m down the soi. Hope that helps! 

On 11/29/2023 at 7:07 AM, prebss said:

Anyone tried this hotel? Seems like a great location for mongering

Sounds perfect for mongering , but read booking.com reviews first would be my advice 

Any recent stays at this hotel? Looking at staying here next time round. I see they have no issue with guests, does anyone know if that extends to multiple guests? Thanks in advance. 

On 2/7/2024 at 3:42 AM, Mp85 said:

Any recent stays at this hotel? Looking at staying here next time round. I see they have no issue with guests, does anyone know if that extends to multiple guests? Thanks in advance. 

I've never had trouble bringing multiple guests (two at a time) into AIRA. However, this was over a year ago, and they have since opened a rooftop nightclub on the top floor (called Pastel), and ever since they seem to be a little bit strict with security stationed at the elevators. So I'm not sure if it is as lax as it used to be. YMMV!