waterplay

Dynasty Grande

Hi guys,

Looking forward to making my first post covid trip in July/August.

Can anyone tell me what has happened to Dynasty Grand?

Is it closed for renovations or just permanently closed?

If anyone on the ground in BKK can let me know, it would be much appreciated!

I drove past it 2 weeks back, it was closed. But that's as much as I know. Perhaps it's for good as many hotels are open again already for those that survived covid. 

I have stayed there a few times. 

I stopped using it as the prices started to get too high for me. Shame.

I read somewhere the other day there is a for lease or for sale sign posted on the Dynasty Grande which upset me terribly as been staying there for many years, mainly due to the great gym and pool, hopefully it gets reopened with new owners who run it as finely as the previous owner.

called the Dynasty Grande today as I’m in town in a few weeks, given the place was fenced off when I was in BKK 6 weeks ago I was actually surprised the phone was answered and they had reopened just this week. I’ve been staying here for 12 years and am rapt they have reopened however there are some drawbacks, only the front wing has reopened at the moment so no balcony rooms available (to smoke a spliff:smokelots:) and the prices seemed to be a little higher than pre-Covid rates even with a 25% reopening discount, also the excellent gym hasn’t reopened yet and I wasn’t assured it would be if I booked even though she said “open in a couple of weeks”. She said the pool is open which is great, it was a green swamp 6 weeks ago from my vantage point next door at the Citrus Suites.  You have to book directly with the hotel website as you can’t book with Agoda or booking.com just yet.  Anyway I’m gonna go with the Citrus Suites again for this trip and hopefully they are fully operational and back to normal in a few months.

10 hours ago, smegma said:

called the Dynasty Grande today as I’m in town in a few weeks, given the place was fenced off when I was in BKK 6 weeks ago I was actually surprised the phone was answered and they had reopened just this week. I’ve been staying here for 12 years and am rapt they have reopened however there are some drawbacks, only the front wing has reopened at the moment so no balcony rooms available (to smoke a spliff:smokelots:) and the prices seemed to be a little higher than pre-Covid rates even with a 25% reopening discount, also the excellent gym hasn’t reopened yet and I wasn’t assured it would be if I booked even though she said “open in a couple of weeks”. She said the pool is open which is great, it was a green swamp 6 weeks ago from my vantage point next door at the Citrus Suites.  You have to book directly with the hotel website as you can’t book with Agoda or booking.com just yet.  Anyway I’m gonna go with the Citrus Suites again for this trip and hopefully they are fully operational and back to normal in a few months.

Good work that man. Keep us updated

The prices here have really jumped. This used to be my goyo hotel. I stayed at solo a few weeks ago and it was awful. Can anyone recommend a similar type of hotel that isnt as pricey? All my goto hotels from before have gone downhill like solo and aspen

I had the same thoughts ... prices had definitely gone up since covid.

I stayed a couple of nights at Landmark when I was there in September and from memory, the prices worked out to be reasonably similar.

There were a couple of things I didn't love about Landmark - 1. it was incredibly busy 2. security is lax - anyone can walk in off the street and straight up to your room.

But for convenience and central to NEP, Cindy's and CIB, landmark is pretty hard to beat.