scot56

Hotel location

Arriving in bkk for the month of July. I usually take a hotel that is close to most of my nightly activities and near the skytrain. Dynasty Grande, Landmark, Dream etc. I am looking at Soi 11. Hotel 11 or the Mercure. Anyone have experience and information of these hotels?
I have seen the hotel Legacy Suites Soi  29, on Booking.com with great rates and the facilities looks very good. Does anyone have experience of this hotel? Would it become a bit of a drag returning there early in the morning?

On 5/17/2022 at 3:16 AM, scot56 said:

Arriving in bkk for the month of July. I usually take a hotel that is close to most of my nightly activities and near the skytrain. Dynasty Grande, Landmark, Dream etc. I am looking at Soi 11. Hotel 11 or the Mercure. Anyone have experience and information of these hotels?
I have seen the hotel Legacy Suites Soi  29, on Booking.com with great rates and the facilities looks very good. Does anyone have experience of this hotel? Would it become a bit of a drag returning there early in the morning?

I will also be in BKK in July and staying again on soi 11. Mercure I have heard mostly good things about. I like soi 11 because it keeps me within a short train ride to Why nots and a short walk to Check in Bar. Now that Cindy's is on a small soi off of soi 11 I'm even more excited to stay on soi 11. @katana57 videos on soi's should help you make your final decision if you haven't already. 

Soi 11 is a great location to stay.Right between Soi 7 and Soi 4,and near to the BTS station.

Also, if you want a shortcut to Soi 13 you just go through the carpark at the Ambassador Hotel and it takes you to Soi 13.

(Some excellent Indian Restaurants on Soi13,and cheap laundry services!)

On 5/17/2022 at 3:16 AM, scot56 said:

I have stayed at Legacy Suites before. It's about a 5 minute walk from Asoke station and they are LB friendly.  Rooms at the hotel are similar to what you find at Adelphi suites or Pharchara.  Soi 29 is very quiet with little traffic. The downside of staying on this Soi is the limited number of restaurants in the area. The hotel restaurant is pretty much pub food. There is a traditional Japanese place next door, but it really caters to Japanese only.  It's a 5 or 8 minute  walk to Terminal 21, which will give you some more dining options. There is a fun sports bar at the corner of Suk & Soi 29 that has cover bands and a party vibe. I took a couple of CIB LBs there before heading to the hotel and they both loved it. 

Next door to Legacy is the Mermaid Hotel. I have also stayed there. It's very similar to Legacy, the rooms are all suites. They have a great pool that gets plenty of sun, it's better than Legacy's pool. The restaurant at Mermaid is very limited, even the breakfast offerings are lame. Their rates usually run cheaper than Legacy and I think they offer more bang for the buck than Legacy. You might want to give them a look also. 

I stayed at Mercure during my last visit and it’s a good location and one I would recommend.
Is the mobile laundry still parked up on Soi11? Usually need to get a few loads done in that heat and humidity 

On 5/17/2022 at 9:16 AM, scot56 said:

I have used the Dynasty grand a few times, i stopped using it however because their prices went too high for me. I did read somewhere it's not open now?

In April this year, I used the Mercure Soi 11 for my SHQ+ 1-night stay. I liked the room, the bed was very comfy. I was going to book it again for my November trip but the price too high for me. I think the prices have gone up?

If money isnt an issue, Sofitel is by far the best location imho. Also has a direct BTS entry and itvis a discrete way of bringing someone back of you dont want to go via lobby.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Shaggy81 said:

If money isnt an issue, Sofitel is by far the best location imho. Also has a direct BTS entry and itvis a discrete way of bringing someone back of you dont want to go via lobby.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G991B met Tapatalk

There is always a security guard at that entrance and it closes like 23.00-2330u so if you are late you need to go via the lobby anyway but it is no issue, for the moment prices are still reasonalble for the hotel quality around 100-125€/night

Mercure soi 11 is a very god option as well around half the price and nice big rooms, with good comfort

Hi all adding to this thread. In July, debating between Soi 11( Fraser Suites ) and another property farther from Sukhumvit.  Since it's a visit after 3 years want to spend a couple of days just being in the city. If I had to choose between hotels in Pathumwan( Lumpini) vs riverside(bang rak) , which would be more guest friendly ( when I stayed in those hotels it was with family so didn't have guests.  Of course  premium hotels don't object to anything, but not sure if covid changed any guest rules there.

Don't want to book 2 hotels.