Rodrigo

S15.

A couple other notes about S15, its next to Tom Tom's formerly Hollys if you need real coffee although I prefer going across to GC Cafe 4 min walk. Coffee is better but I do mix it up. Tom Tom is better to see and be seen.

GC Café - Soi 8
098 090 9000
https://maps.app.goo.gl/uaUtH7iUiRrwqLHc8

Laundry is around the corner on S13. Shop around, rates are 60 to 95 baht per kilo. Hi Speed is the cheapest and best but you have to walk quite a ways to it . Fun as you are catcalled by all the massage ladies.

There are also no frills salons for inexpensive mannies, peddies and foot scrubs on soi 13.

On Soi 11, there is my favorite restaurant Vegaterie. Don't let the name scare you off. They have great wonderfully tastefully spiced dishes and purple rice bowls. One of the best fast food places I've eaten in Thailand. Not cheap but a great respite from all white rice and noodles.

I also like Asok being a little closer to Ekkamai and Tonglor for my other activities. Terminal 21 has already been mentioned.

Also great if you take transit from airport as you can get off at Makkasan and one stop to Sukhumvit on MRT. When I stayed at Galleria, or Soi 7, or Nana, I would take Skytrain to the end Playa Thai and double back on BTS to avoid 2 transfers (Skytrain, MRT, BTS.) - pain in the ass.

And yes, you will walk the gauntlet at night but didn't matter to me as I had a different LB on my arm with the odd GG every night lol.

I'm not a Nana guy, but I don't find the walk that bad when I choose to go, usually during the day for a special massage.

53 minutes ago, Edisto said:
5 hours ago, pennybridge said:
Late reply, but i e-mailed them yesterday and got this reply:

Dear Khun pennybridge

Greeting From Galleria 10 Bangkok Hotel, Central Reservation Office

Thank you for your kind email. In regard to your query, The Galleria 10 hotel is reopening from 10th May onwards and our booking engine will be live on the same date as well. I can help with the room rates and assist in making bookings. Could you kind advise the specific date check in and check out by return. Then, I will offer the special rate accordingly.

Should you kind more information please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards,

Read more  

I stayed at Galleria for a week a few weeks ago and am now at S15 in a junior suite. Not much of a price difference. Galleria has an unused quiet pool. S15 has none. I am loving the S15. Obviously not as quiet but I'm fine with the rumbles of Sukhumvit. Has an outdoor bar on the street you can sit in evening - great for people watching. I'd come back here again. The Movenpick up the street was recommended to me by a certain LB. I checked it out and it looks good too, depending on rate you can wrangle on Agoda.

S15 looks great, might give it a try as well. I do prefer a hotel with a pool. S15 looks promising though with great location. I got a good deal on Agoda at Galleria 10. Deluxe Chill Room, 820 baht/night (maybe its the normal rate?). Only staying 2 nights there though before i go to Pattaya.

4 hours ago, pennybridge said:

S15 looks great, might give it a try as well. I do prefer a hotel with a pool. S15 looks promising though with great location. I got a good deal on Agoda at Galleria 10. Deluxe Chill Room, 820 baht/night (maybe its the normal rate?). Only staying 2 nights there though before i go to Pattaya.

Be warned the pool at G10 is essentially a large bath in the rooftop bar area. Good spot for a drink with your belle de jour.

One more thing. Heated bidet toilet seats in bathroom of S15......a very nice touch.

4 hours ago, oliver17 said:

Yes, exactly what Mikel said. The pool isn't the typical rooftop setup. Plenty of seating with lots of nooks and crannies for sitting with LBs. The rooftop restaurant also serves up a killer hamburger that rivals what Firehouse in Bangkok offers. Overall, it's a solid property and as said before it's about a 3 minute walk from CIB.

A couple of downsides: The lobby restaurant tends to get overwhelmed at breakfast. Tables don't always get cleared promptly enough and it causes customers to stand in line for 15 minutes or so waiting minutes to be seated. It's not a fun way to start the day when you have a pounding hangover from the night before and just want something to eat. 

I stayed there twice over a 10 month span. Both times the elevator music was nothing but Eric Clapton's "I Shot the Sheriff". As a bonus, they always had the volume turned up way too loud.  I have always hated that song. Hearing it in G10 elevators about eleventy billion times over 2 years was worse than waiting in line for breakfast every day. Way worse. 

I stayed there 2 years ago, also 7 years ago. I usually never eat any breakfast as its too early. I tend to be back in the room very late, so breakfast is not an issue. I know the pool isnt the greatest, but its good for an hour or two to relax during the day.

I agree abut the music in the elevator, haha its a disaster hearing same song on repeat.
Before i used the club room, with the extras it came with. Not really worth it though since the hotel doesnt have a lounge. But the service was excellent in the rooftop bar. I actually haven't tried the hamburger, so i have to do it next time!

Other than CIB, soi 10 in general looks very desolate, probably very limited food/snacks options too. I know some like the quiet but I guess it would get boring very quickly say as compared to soi 8 or 11.

I lived in an apartment building on Soi 10 several winters ago about ten minutes walk from CIB and this was before CIB relocated there. The only place in that area near CIB was Lollipops. Further down the Soi, there is nothing going on and just a few small hotels and one or two restaurants near the beginning on the Soi. It’s only advantage is its proximity to the parks at end of Soi. Unfortunately, the cool venue in Chavit Park closed after Covid and it’s now slated for a large condo and commercial space, which is oh so sorely needed in Bangkok…

At least the location is discrete for punters. Unlikely, you will run into anyone you know there unless they are in the area for the same reason. 

Stayed in soi 12 in December. Was walking to soi 16 for a Korean spa when I saw a most fuckable milf outside a massage. Generally the Thais don't age very well in my opinion. 

Anyone staying in S15 around mid May?

Edited by Rodrigo