Knobby

So far,so good,so what?

Okies, 

I did it, the trigger has been pulled.

I booked for April with Ethiad using the flight credit I have had for nearly 2 years now. 

So the question is,

Insurance companies,  what ones are good for keeping the Thai authorities happy and are any good?

Has anybody used any that can be recommended?

3 hours ago, Knobby said:

Okies, 

I did it, the trigger has been pulled.

I booked for April with Ethiad using the flight credit I have had for nearly 2 years now. 

So the question is,

Insurance companies,  what ones are good for keeping the Thai authorities happy and are any good?

Has anybody used any that can be recommended?

I think most farangs are using AXA - that is what I used. They were listed on the Thai govt test-and-go site. The bare-bones Covid coverage to meet Thai immigration conditions for 45 days about 2200 or so baht  I also bought my usual Allianz travel insurance because I have always used them and they are easy to deal with if you have a claim for delayed flights or whatever. I know that's probably overkill with the insurance, but why take a chance when I had no experience with AXA. 

Here is where you can buy AXA: 

https://www.axa.co.th/en/

Yeah, I have to agree.Most of the guys I know have gone with AXA as it gets them through the Thai Pass/immigration/checks process quickly with no problems.

https://www.axa.co.th/axa-sawasdee-thailand-travel-insurance?utm_source=Agent_Partner&utm_medium=Direct_Thaiest&utm_campaign=Sawasdee_Thaiest

The link is from the ThaiEst website that also does the 1st day and fifth day  test and go hotel packages.

https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages

But cometh April......It might have all changed again!

Yeah, I have to agree.Most of the guys I know have gone with AXA as it gets them through the Thai Pass/immigration/checks process quickly with no problems.
https://www.axa.co.th/axa-sawasdee-thailand-travel-insurance?utm_source=Agent_Partner&utm_medium=Direct_Thaiest&utm_campaign=Sawasdee_Thaiest
The link is from the ThaiEst website that also does the 1st day and fifth day  test and go hotel packages.
https://thaiest.com/blog/aq-hotel-1-night-packages
But cometh April......It might have all changed again!
Yes I agree, I am waiting a few weeks before I get insurance and then an SHA+ hotel.
Here I'm the U.K things are getting better so am hoping by hmm maybe March things have improved more in Thailand.
If however things go bad again and it's back to essential travel only then I will goto Ethiad for a refund.

Sent from my SM-A805F using Tapatalk

There is some major pressure from the Tourism sector to get in line with world standards in terms of treating C19 as endemic and reducing some of the restrictions. To me 1 day of test-and-go and a negative PCR test seems reasonable...assuming they continue to make the Thailand Pass easier to apply/receive. Day 5 though is a major pain in the ass though, and god knows the potential (albeit low) risk of getting it for day 5 and getting into surprise quarantine for 15 days or whatever.

Yea there was an article about that on the Thaiger today. 

On 1/31/2022 at 7:13 PM, Knobby said:

Yes I agree, I am waiting a few weeks before I get insurance and then an SHA+ hotel.
Here I'm the U.K things are getting better so am hoping by hmm maybe March things have improved more in Thailand.
If however things go bad again and it's back to essential travel only then I will goto Ethiad for a refund.

Sent from my SM-A805F using Tapatalk

So far.....even better!!!!

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/thailand-test-go-update-no-more-day-5-pre-paid-hotel-or-pcr-test

The 5th-day lateral flow test

I got questions,

Can it be your own test kit? 

If not who supplies it or where do you get it?

Where do you upload any results? 

3 hours ago, Knobby said:

I got questions,

From what I read from others, you can use your own kit (7/11 sell them for about 100 baht, ask for ATK test as that's what it's known as here) and you need to upload the photo of the results to the morchana app. 

8 hours ago, Knobby said:

I got questions,

My 5th Day ATK test kit was handed out to me by the nurse when I took my 1st Day RT-PCR test prior to reaching my hotel. There was no further indication as to where to upload the result. Never the less I took a pic of it on said Day 5 just in case. 

5 hours ago, Ropey said:

From what I read from others, you can use your own kit (7/11 sell them for about 100 baht, ask for ATK test as that's what it's known as here) and you need to upload the photo of the results to the morchana app. 

I might be in the minority here but I was never asked or told either at the airport or at my hotel when checking in for my Day 1 Test and Go to upload the Morchana app. 

Regardless throughout my trip for my own safety and the safety of others I took a few self administered ATK tests. They are readily available at 7/11 and others Family Mart for 50-100 Bhts.

Luckily for me and for my trip companions none of them came back positive.

4 hours ago, george1515 said:

I might be in the minority here but I was never asked or told either at the airport or at my hotel when checking in for my Day 1 Test and Go to upload the Morchana app. 

That's exactly what happened to me. They gave me an antigen test kit at the airport when I arrived but no instructions on where or how to report the results, therefore I never reported anything. Nobody said a word about it afterward. It's proof that even Thai health officials think the 5 day test is a pointless waste of time. 

6 hours ago, george1515 said:

Regardless throughout my trip for my own safety and the safety of others I took a few self administered ATK tests. They are readily available at 7/11 and others Family Mart for 50-100 Bhts.

Luckily for me and for my trip companions none of them came back positive.

One thing to mention. These tests are quite unreliable when you don’t have overt symptoms. They don’t pick up tiny amounts of virus.

Update,

I asked at my 1-night hotel what to do with the ATK 5t day test result. I was told if the morchana app didn't work to e mail them the result and they would do it for me.

So, that's what I did and they uploaded it for me.