Rodrigo

Citadines soi 8 & 11 (updated 2014)

Thanks mate. I am thinking of staying there because it is in Sukhumvit and dont think will be able to go to NEP this next trip so do not care if it is close to there or not. Just need a good large room and clean and safe of course.

I have stayed at the Citadines in Soi 8 and 16 - both studios were identical and spacious but not huge. Very well equiped incl kitchen with microwave, electric hob, cooking stuff, plates etc. IMHO a great place to stay - the one in Soi 16 is 50m from a Foodland supermarket that is open 24 hours day - the one in SOi 8 is not as well located its very far down the soi and there is nothing around it apart from condo's and a French restaurant. So for me, Soi 16 is the better location - couple mins walk to the BTS/ungerground station at Asok. Also I have stayed in the one bedroom apartments and I think they are a relative waste of money - the lounge area is like a corridor and bedroom is tiny. For the difference in price, the studio is much better value for money and feels more spacious.

I have stayed at the Citadine 8 twice before and enjoyed it. As mardhi said, the location is a bit far off the beaten track and that is what I liked about it.

Don't bother with the 1 bedroom apartment. Waste of money as you do not get all that much extra room.

Been thinking of booking the soi 11 as well but the 8 always turn out to be cheaper.

as for Citidines Soi 8

Agree with other guys, good place to stay, kitchen is nice addition, good price, guest friendly. pretty small loom and off the beaten track. I would stay there again though. there is a back lane that gets you to GB faster than suk road, you will do some walking. there is a free tuk tuk, to take to suk road but not worth the wait usually, sometimes lucky

rated 7.5/10 especially for the price

Breaker

I´ve never stay in Majestic......So I can not compare these two hotels. Next time Im planning to try anothers hotels......Citadiens cost round 43 euros / no breakfast/ via agoda.....

I've stayed in Citadines on Soi 8 and 23. Both studios are identical, friendly staff, not bad breakfast. Both are guest friendly. I prefer Citadines 23 because of short walk to MRT/BTS and Soi Cowboy. Sure, it's quite far from Nana area but night walk allows to take a look at all stars shining on Sukhumvit ;)

Stayed for a couple of days in the soi 11 hotel and found it to ok. May have been better if I was staying longer. As it as all the cooking facilities and I always eat out. Nice view from the pool though.

Thinking of booking between galleria 10 and citadines soi 8 for 10 day stay? Any suggestions? Is it really that far down soi 8? Any shortcuts to cib or nep?

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

It is quite a way down soi 8 but they do have a free tuk tuk. I personally like soi 8 as not overly busy and a lot of great restaurants around. There is a short cut to NEP via soi 6

IMG_6940.PNG

It is quite a way down soi 8 but they do have a free tuk tuk. I personally like soi 8 as not overly busy and a lot of great restaurants around. There is a short cut to NEP via soi 6

Thanks man appreciated. Quiet and discreet is how i like it and citadines seems that way. Rooms look nice too with full kitchen couch etc. Perfect for a long stay. Distance seems to be the only concern, but i always stay on soi2 (solo & aspen) so I dont mind a trek up to the main road.

Thanks man appreciated. Quiet and discreet is how i like it and citadines seems that way. Rooms look nice too with full kitchen couch etc. Perfect for a long stay. Distance seems to be the only concern, but i always stay on soi2 (solo & aspen) so I dont mind a trek up to the main road.

I would average about the same distance from Solo to the Sukhumvit. As citidines 8 to Sukhumvit

I would average about the same distance from Solo to the Sukhumvit. As citidines 8 to Sukhumvit

Yeah thats what it seems like to me, which is no biggie.

Do you have any other info about hotel / area? Assuming it's guest friendly but multiples are free? Any other info about your experience, especially from a mongerer's p.o.v. would be appreciated thanks.

Yeah thats what it seems like to me, which is no biggie.

Do you have any other info about hotel / area? Assuming it's guest friendly but multiples are free? Any other info about your experience, especially from a mongerer's p.o.v. would be appreciated thanks.

Not stayed at the soi 8 hotel I only walked there to meet my mate who was staying there. Though I have stayed at the Soi 11 and took two back no problem. Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Citadines Soi 11 was the 3rd hotel that I stayed in on my visits to BKK and I stayed there approx. 8 times between 2015-2017.

Pros - its typically priced below THB 3,000 per night and the bard downstairs is pretty good. Its also on Soi 11, so right in the heart of the mainstream nightlife.

Its LB friendly and the walk of shame is short.

The downside is that the rooms needed  refurbing and unless you stayed on a higher floor in one of the back facing rooms, it is very loud at night, with all the music from the clubs across the street.

I often compared the prices between booking.com, agoda and the citadines own website and 90% of the time, the best deals were to be had from booking directly with them.

The rooms are apartment style and theres 3 grades. The standard room is about 40 m2 and is large enough for daytime work and night time frolics. Theres a small kitchen, fridge etc. There are also washing machines on the top floor next to the gym.

I eventually gave up on Citadines Soi 11 due to the noise, as my stays in BKK also involve work, so I did have to hit the hay at a reasonable time during the week.

The only other downside was that it is quite a walk along an often crowded street to get to Sukhumvit and the fleshpots. 

I hope this helps.

SAG

My fourth and final hotel choice in BKK is Citadines soi 8.

The rooms are identical to Citadines soi 11 and at first glance, the hotel seems to be too far down soi 8.

However, they run a 24 hour tuk tuk and so it only takes 5 minutes to get to Sukhumvit and you can call it from Sukhumvit when you want to return. 

Its a bit smaller than the soi 11 property, but is in better condition and is MUCH quieter.

Its also LB friendly and the walk of shame is even shorter!

All Citadines have card access elevators, but the elevator on the right can be used without an access card, for some reason.

Cheers

SAG

I used to stay @ the citidines on So 23 . Always found it pretty good & no hassles bringing gurls back . Its a bit of a way up the Soi , but has the Cowboy at the end for handy entertainment . Overall i rate it as just a fal safe/fall back type accom . 

Edited by Boomerang
typos

5 hours ago, Boomerang said:

I used to stay @ the citidines on So 23 . Always found it pretty good & no hassles bringing gurls back . Its a bit of a way up the Soi , but has the Cowboy at the end for handy entertainment . Overall i rate it as just a fal safe/fall back type accom . 

Thanks for the info Boomerang.

For some reason I never consider any hotels above soi 19, but as you say, its a good back-up plan.

The great thing about the Citadines chain is that you know what to expect, as each room tends to be copy/paste from the other properties.

Cheers

SAG

On 1/26/2019 at 7:53 AM, Boomerang said:

I totally agree with that. I've tried locations in of Citadines on lower numbers but 23 is my favorite. Very convenient location: MRT/Skytrain, friendly staff. There is only one bad thing: after renovation of kitchen/restaurant few years ago, the breakfasts are shitty.