Sign in to follow this  
Latino2021

Marriott Marquis queen's park

I stayed here for a night pre-COVID and had mixed feelings about it - partly just because there are so many great options in BK. I liked the location, including the nearby great Japanese food. Close to things but not "in the middle of it." The roof top bar was a plus. I didn't have time to check out the pool. I had a really annoying experience where they made me wait until 3:00 pm to check into my room. Maybe not surprising, but they kept stringing me along about it, and there was some non-issue that they made into an issue about one of the towers being closed for renovation or something... blah, blah, blah. I can't recall the details, just that it was unnecessarily annoying. But it was also my last night in Thailand, so maybe I was worn down. If you have Marriott status they have the elite lounge (or however it is branded now) with free snacks, breakfast, etc. For my money, I think the Athenee Hotel might be my favorite Marriott property. I liked the Sheraton Grand Suk but the pool is so crowded to be unusable in the two times I stayed there.