cossmo

Nana Hotels open to tourists

I pretty much have settled on the Majestic Grande as the hotel I plan to stay at in BKK, but my question is not whether they accept LB or not. My question is how popular are all of these major recommended hotels (Nana, Majestic, Majestic Grande, Dynasty, DG, etc) for regular tourists visiting BKK? I just don't want to run into people back home that are staying there because it's a great place to stay, not because it's near Nana. I got no problem being with a LB out in the open or taking her back to my room, but not about someone that knows me from home and they see me in the lobby or in the elevator.

Any suggestions? Any of these hotels strictly for punters? I wouldn't mind staying in a nice hotel while I'm there.

While the odd tourist or backpacker might stay at the Nana Hotel from time to time, it's mostly punters. In fact, my guess would be that the Nana Hotel has the lowest tourist occupancy.

Edited by Trenton42

While the odd tourist or backpacker might stay at the Nana Hotel from time to time, it's mostly punters. In fact, my guess would be that the Nana Hotel has the lowest tourist occupancy.

This is good to know. I was hoping to stay at the Majestic Grande which I hear is a bit nicer. Any comments on the tourists there?

nana hotel look after you near everywear no hasele go for the more upgrade roomat the back very good rooms great for ladyboy good security

food good its ok

This is good to know. I was hoping to stay at the Majestic Grande which I hear is a bit nicer. Any comments on the tourists there?

Personally, it doesn't matter to me whose pillows are fluffier; I'm all about the action.

If you're a newbie, I recommend the Nana.

Cossmo, I normally stay in the Majestic Grande and in fact stayed there last week but the place was jam packed with tourists, business people from all over the World, all ethnics, children, you name it, they were there.

They do not charge extra and the concierge are very good if you tip them and they sort out the security if they get a bit pompous.

The downside with all these people is that if you take for LT, then they will be around in the day time too but not so much after 11pm.But a lot of adults are at the lobby bar till late.( I cannot understand why they should be wasting their time at the lobby bar when Nana is so close) :D

The hotel is very nice and I like the really rooms as they are large ad the service is good. If I get a LT LB a kind of GF, I would not be staying there myself and would prefer something like the Aspen Suites etc.

having stayed at majestic grande (currently staying at dynasty inn grande) and a number of others in this area i must say that the M grande does have a fair few non monger tourists, as do most of the more expensive hotels around nana. being seen by someone i know (to add to being naturally shy) was something i used to worry about constantly, but after 6 trips or so im over it and walk around with a proud smirk. Like alot of people here it would be the talk of the town if people knew about it back home but the chances are really just so friggen low.

Thank you all for your comments. After reading some of the other posts, now I'm leaning towards staying at the Phachara Suites based on some of the comments by other punters here. I would tend to think some of the bigger and nicer hotels would indeed have more tourists which I don't want to chance bumping into people back home when I bring my luscious LB back for some LT seedy sex.

dav662, thanks for your suggestion of the Aspen Suites. Looks nice but I noticed in the agoda website that the number of reviews by couples (81 when I last looked) is almost has high as solo travelers (86). That's got to tell you something even though it's less than scientific.

valsven, I have to agree with you that the chances of me bumping into someone I know is so friggen low, but guess I need some experience under my belt until I feel comfortable. In the meantime, I want to lessen the chance for an unexpected encounter if I can.

Edited by cossmo

What bothered me at Majestic Grande has got nothing to do with the hotel but as you say some of the guests. I had a guest of Indian origin accost me and wanted to inquire if I was a guest of someone and that sort while I was in no mind to have such a kind of a conversation.

In the previous trips I had and stayed in Majestic Grande, the place was not full and it could be that it coincided some holiday period in the middle east etc.

People I know go to Nana to pick up GGs so to me it is not such a big worry that I may see them at the hotel as the chance of meeting them in NEP is as much as high. :D

I think the biggest issue would be is you take someone LT and keep her for the time period you stay as then you will be walking in and out with her. I let he go early in the morning on her own if I do not keep her during the day and that means that I do not have to walk with her but I have also kept one LT and she stayed with me for 2 days and I never had an issue with that.

But as you say I am also on the lookout for an alternative place and I prefer larger rooms so it may be a bit hard to find one with decent rates.

Any info on hotel with large rooms would also be appreciated.

I pretty much have settled on the Majestic Grande as the hotel I plan to stay at in BKK, but my question is not whether they accept LB or not. My question is how popular are all of these major recommended hotels (Nana, Majestic, Majestic Grande, Dynasty, DG, etc) for regular tourists visiting BKK? I just don't want to run into people back home that are staying there because it's a great place to stay, not because it's near Nana. I got no problem being with a LB out in the open or taking her back to my room, but not about someone that knows me from home and they see me in the lobby or in the elevator.

Any suggestions? Any of these hotels strictly for punters? I wouldn't mind staying in a nice hotel while I'm there.

I stayed at the Majestic Grande and had three ladyboy visitors at different times and there was certainly no problem. One I brought in with me and two who came over after I called them. Each time, they had to give an id card to the security man and when they left, the security people called me to ask if everything was okay before they got their card back. It was all handled very quickly and professionally, there was no standing around and waiting. The hotel attracts a wide mix of people, from families to Arabs in full dress to the odd bedraggled old punter like me.

I stayed at the Majestic Grande and had three ladyboy visitors at different times and there was certainly no problem. One I brought in with me and two who came over after I called them. Each time, they had to give an id card to the security man and when they left, the security people called me to ask if everything was okay before they got their card back. It was all handled very quickly and professionally, there was no standing around and waiting. The hotel attracts a wide mix of people, from families to Arabs in full dress to the odd bedraggled old punter like me.

Thanks ohioguy for your comment, though my issue is not with the hotel itself. It is whether that hotel or other nicer class hotels in the Nana area are attracting more regular toursits there so the chances of me bumping into someone from home are greater than if the hotel was mostly a punters hotel like Nana. I just don't want to stay at the Nana after looking at the photos and reading the reviews. I'd rather spend more money on a nicer hotel since I'm able to, but keep a low profile and stay away from all of the tourists.

The Phachara Suites maybe my answer.

Nonetheless it is still a question about opportunity costs. If you would have to pay much more dollars to avoid to be seen by some fellows of your personal home town, why not switching to a hotel that is far away from the action at and nearby Nana? This seems - at least to me - more safe than buying a place at higher prices.

Also, you might consider to use e.g. the PB-Hotel near Nana Tua (or Soi 4) - on Suk Soi 3. Some rooms there even provide those famous Gynecology Chairs so heavily asked for by some. And should you meet there your school-teacher, it will always be their job to explain their very existence here.

Check out Heaven@4 a boutique hotel on soi 4, I stayed there and it was very LB friendly,since it is a smaller hotel w/ a gay manager I don't think many mainstream tourist stay there. I'm not trying to portray it as run down or sleazy as it's pretty new and very comfortable and reasonably priced. :D

If you would have to pay much more dollars to avoid to be seen by some fellows of your personal home town, why not switching to a hotel that is far away from the action at and nearby Nana? This seems - at least to me - more safe than buying a place at higher prices.

My thinking is to stay away from the tourists and families, not necessarily the monger/punter. So closer to the sleeze seems to be the logical because I'm thinking most regular people won't choose to stay there. Having said that, I think the plan to stay in a smaller, less known hotel would be best. Money is not an guiding issue.

icebergjr., I will check into Heaven@4.

You could try the Dream hotel in Soi 15. I use it regularily and it is very LB/GG friendly. There is the hotel and annex, Dream 2, which is where you stay with a deluxe room. They are on one side of the road and the other. Dream 2 has only access to the rooms and so has little traffic. At night they often have nobody on the desk and rely on video. No walk of shame and very lttle chance of a disapproving glance from other guests. Never seen Arabs and only a few brats or rug rats.

Overall an excellent place to be,IMO. I will be there soon.

I'd go for Dynasty Grande, its a cool place. I'd also recommend some places around soi 13, but in that locality there is a greater mix of, "normal Tourists" etc. anywhere around Soi 4 most of the customers are on the hunt. But the Majestic Grande is more up market and it promotes/ advertises towards a "Better quality of Clientele," ??? I know, I making it up as I go along, but Nana Hotel, its seen far better days. Dynasty Grande can't go wrong, check out their own website , sometimes their special deals undercut Agoda and the rest.

http://www.dynastygrande.com/

My thinking is to stay away from the tourists and families, not necessarily the monger/punter. So closer to the sleeze seems to be the logical because I'm thinking most regular people won't choose to stay there. Having said that, I think the plan to stay in a smaller, less known hotel would be best. Money is not an guiding issue.

icebergjr., I will check into Heaven@4.

I stayed here as well and it is probably what you are looking for.It has good location gg and lb friendly. You may like the shower as well. I think there should be a thread on it here in the hotel section. I have put up some pics on there from my stay as well as others. I would book through agoda or call to book to see what kind of deal you can get. I booked through agoda and got a pretty good deal.

Either I'm a sociopath or I've simply reached a point where I no longer give a shit who sees me, whose path I cross, whether some stodgy tourists give looks of disapproval, etc. I have stayed at the JW Marriott and the Majestic Grande and brought in ladyboys without incident. I like both those places, but the JW has gotten a bit pricey, so I'll be at the MG for my next stay in Feb. I like being able to bring my Guess Bar guests right across the way to the MG.

Either I'm a sociopath or I've simply reached a point where I no longer give a shit who sees me, whose path I cross, whether some stodgy tourists give looks of disapproval, etc. I have stayed at the JW Marriott and the Majestic Grande and brought in ladyboys without incident. I like both those places, but the JW has gotten a bit pricey, so I'll be at the MG for my next stay in Feb. I like being able to bring my Guess Bar guests right across the way to the MG.

I'll be staying at the Majestic Grande in March,it'll be my first time in that hotel so it's good to know that it's ok.

Cheers.

I can recommend Dream too. Over the last few years I've stayed there a lot. Just before I left In April I was staying there and the action was getting a bit out of hand, with Ladyboys leaving at 5am, then another arriving at 5.30, and so on through the day. When I checked out the manager asked to see me, and I thought 'here we go, I'm going to get a bollocking now', but it was actually he'd noted I stayed there so much he wanted me to book in future directly through him for a much better price. Ended up saving about 15% off the best internet rate - will be staying there again in Jan.