Knobby

Flight Credit. Anybody got a refund?

On 2/7/2021 at 8:17 PM, Knobby said:

Same goes for hotel prices

While it wouldn't surprise me if some did jack up the prices to 'make up' for lost income, the majority of hotels are struggling so I think they'd just be happy with any income.

There's some crazy deals going on Agoda at the moment. I've booked decent hotels around Soi 20 for cheaper than the price of a ST room. Previous hotels for 2k+/night going for 600-700.

I did not know that there is such an issue like this because of the refund policy of airline tickets. Are there any updates regarding this? I hope you guys did have your money back. Well, the amount of money that is still not refunded is still a huge one. or maybe there will be another plane, airline, or schedule you can take.

I asked Ethiad a while back if I could just have my money back but they said no.

I then went to my credit card company but they said they could not do anything as I had left it too long.

So I got "credit" with Ethiad which is a bit meh as I don't like the 2 stops they are doing it seems all the way into April.

I did a few dates on their website and it's 2 stops till after Songkran.

Well my experience was very positive because I booked direct with Emirates last year paid £430 for a June return flight had options to get money back or re book within 2 years of my original booking. I decided to hold out so I called them early this month because I wanted to fly this month to find out how much the flight would be because have been following prices and the dates I wanted were around £1200 so was expecting to pay extra but I did not have to pay another penny !!!! So all I can say is I am more than happy with Emirates and will be my airline of choice in the future :):):)

Well, I used my credit. 

My booking used all of the £560 and had to top it up by £176.

But prices now are much higher so happy with that.

At least the credit is used. See how this flight goes and who knows, I might use them again.