11 minutes ago, sydney69er said:

Welcome to your forum. We are all itching to get back to Thailand.

What are you favourite places in Thailand?

mate i have been about 30 times.

i love all of it. Im actually not a newbie but i forgot all my log in details to my old account. i have been a member for about 6 years.

Whilst i love Patts for a bit of fun, when its time just to chill and relax I love Krabi.

Also love Kanchanaburi also

Nice one! I've yet to visit Krabi or Kanchanaburi. I saw a video on Kanchanaburi recently and really want to visit. Looks like a lovely town to chill out with a bit of bar action.

13 minutes ago, sydney69er said:

Nice one! I've yet to visit Krabi or Kanchanaburi. I saw a video on Kanchanaburi recently and really want to visit. Looks like a lovely town to chill out with a bit of bar action.

what i would do to be there now. Rather than in 23 hour lock down in Melbourne... 

2 minutes ago, AlphaRevolution said:

what i would do to be there now. Rather than in 23 hour lock down in Melbourne

Oh man! I feel for you! i am in Sydney and things are mostly back to normal apart from not being able to travel.

i snuck in a trip up to the Gold Coast about 5 weeks ago before they closed the Queensland border again. But so far already missed out on about 4 overseas trips since March. I would have been going back to Thailand in October but can only dream about that now

2 minutes ago, sydney69er said:

Oh man! I feel for you! i am in Sydney and things are mostly back to normal apart from not being able to travel.

i snuck in a trip up to the Gold Coast about 5 weeks ago before they closed the Queensland border again. But so far already missed out on about 4 overseas trips since March. I would have been going back to Thailand in October but can only dream about that now

Not quite, looks like Phuket is open for minimum of 30 day stays. (includes 2 weeks of quarantine though and you probably need another 2 weeks on return to Oz)

Just now, Ropey said:

Not quite, looks like Phuket is open for minimum of 30 day stays. (includes 2 weeks of quarantine though and you probably need another 2 weeks on return to Oz)

and i read that after the 2 weeks if you want to go to other parts of thailand you need another test and to stay in phuket area for 1 more week before you can go to another area. 

So really 3 weeks in phuket before you can go anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, sydney69er said:

lucky you. Victoria is the outcast of Australia. Nobody wants us. Even though i live in an area with 24 cases since day 1 of this and now have 5 active cases currently.

I normally go about 3 or 4 times a year. I was in BKK late March when the shit hit the fan. I got back to Melb and 3 days later the world basically stopped.

The hard part for me now is my girl in Cambodia gave birth to my son 3 weeks ago. Tough only seeing him on whatsapp video call and not knowing when i can actually hold him myself. Thinking its still probably 6 plus months away.

2 minutes ago, Ropey said:

Below comes from Bangkok Post. Visiting the planet Jupiter has fewer requirements than visiting Phuket. Good luck to folks in the Thai tourist industry, because this scheme will surely kill travel for pleasure to Thailand. I can't imagine anybody will jump through all those hoops to visit Phuket for the privilege of being regarded as radioactive and unwanted by both the government and the natives. Not even sex tourists with five alarm fires in their undershorts will sign up for this rodeo. 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/1972519/tat-takes-a-gamble-promoting-phuket-model

4 hours ago, Ropey said:

Don't forget the bloody $3000 you gotta fork out to do quarantine on return. Plus they're denying three out of four requests to leave anyway.

Oh that is nice. I haven't really heard of someone who visited a foreign country 30 times. It is one of the best travel goals... actually. Well, you do have an active life. Anyway, what are the best places to visit in Thailand? I am actually planning to do so but still thinking if I should go with Thailand or other countries first.