Nick Bullseye

Hyatt Regency Sukhumvit 13 Bangkok

There is a quite new Hyatt Regency hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 13 in Bangkok: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/thailand/hyatt-regency-bangkok-sukhumvit/bkkhr .

Does anybody know if this hotel is ladyboy-friendly? I know that I could ask them directly - and surely I will do it - but I would like to know if somebody stayed in that hotel and was taking overnight ladyboy guests there.

Thanks in advance.

17 minutes ago, Nick Bullseye said:

There is a quite new Hyatt Regency hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 13 in Bangkok: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/thailand/hyatt-regency-bangkok-sukhumvit/bkkhr .

Does anybody know if this hotel is ladyboy-friendly? I know that I could ask them directly - and surely I will do it - but I would like to know if somebody stayed in that hotel and was taking overnight ladyboy guests there.

Thanks in advance.

I remember this guy wrote a trip report and detailed a stay there. Scroll down to post #25 for the Hyatt. He doesn't say if he took a girl there, however.  If this Hyatt is like the Erawan Grand Hyatt it will be LB friendly but not exactly welcoming. At the Erawan GH, they made it pretty clear they frowned on LBs being in the front lobby or around the reception desk. They make girls go downstairs to a security desk to hand over their IDs and register themselves. One girl I took there was very reluctant to visit any of their restaurants or bars because of that experience. That said, the staff treated her respectfully and they never said anything to me about having ladyboys visit my room. It was LB friendly, but without a smiley face. 

Per your own plan, I definitely would contact them in advance and inquire about their guest policies and specifically mention the guest would be a ladyboy. Chances are, with the hospitality industry currently in economic ruin, they won't be too picky about who stays there these days LOL. 

I stayed at that Hyatt Regency in October last year. Very nice hotel! Check out the Spectrum Rooftop bar on the top floors. Very nice.

i was only there for 1 night and did not bring any guests in but I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt hotel many times and never had problems with bringing guests in (both GG and LB). During the days no problems, just up the elevators and to the room. At night time there were security at the elevators asking you to check your guest in at the front desk before you go to your room. This is best for you own security.

Being part of the Hyatt group (and same with most 5 star hotels in Bangkok), i would say it would be same policy at the Hyatt Regency.

There is a door into the Hyatt Regency straight off Sukhumvit Road and there is always a doorman who opens that door (day and night), so I am sure if you bring a guest, he would ask you to check them in. The main entrance is to the side where a taxi would drop you off and you walk straight past the reception desks so unless they super busy I'm sure they may ask you to check your guest in.

There are a few freelancers (both girls and ladyboys) that hang out on Sukhumvit right out the front of the Hyatt Regency. I checked them out but a bit rough for my liking.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:29 PM, oliver17 said:

Per your own plan, I definitely would contact them in advance and inquire about their guest policies and specifiacally mention the guest would be a ladyboy. Chances are, with the hospitality industry currently in economic ruin, they won't be too picky about who stays there these days LOL. 

There is no way a branch of western international corporation like Hyatt is going to discriminate based on gender identification. Don't worry about it. If they do, just start to dial their international help line.

35 minutes ago, BKKDudemeier said:

There is no way a branch of western international corporation like Hyatt is going to discriminate based on gender identification.

True. What they object to is hookers hanging out in their lobby. 

56 minutes ago, oliver17 said:

What they object to is hookers hanging out in their lobby. 

Of course they don't want hookers hanging out in their lobby but this is not what this post is about.

A guest bringing a hooker through the lobby to their room is not the same as hookers hanging out in their lobby.

If a guest at a 5 star hotel, paying the large 5 star room price, chooses to bring a guest to their room, the hotel is not going to be concerned about.