Thanks

Problem: Linked Images Not Being Displayed...

8 hours ago, American Eagle said:

I don't know what you're doing to add photos, but all I see is numbers

5 hours ago, American Eagle said:

That link works, and I notice that if someone quotes you with your numbers, then the numbers become clickable, and then I can see the photo. Just like in Rockman's post above (464)

American Eagle has problems with so-called "linked images" sometimes also referred to as remote images, external images or embedded images.

Unlike images uploaded to the forum server (hosted images) they are hosted on a different server (i.e., are non-hosted images). 

Some forum members, like American Eagle, have experienced problems seeing those images. Apparently they are not correctly displayed in their browser. 

Since American Eagle writes in red I assume he's using a PC and not a phone (while it's actually possible to change the font color using a phone, it nevertheless is a PITA... Using the desktop site it's a lot easier to change font colors...).

Could this display problem have to do with him probably using a PC? And / or could this problem come from the computer's privacy and security settings? And / or the firewall? Is it a browser issue? Or is JavaScript disabled? Or is there a problem with his OS?

Or is it a cache problem because when someone quotes the post with the image, that image will be displayed in the quote by clicking on the link (but still remains invisible in the original post).

I guess external images are cached on the forum?

Or...?

The images in question by the way were all embedded in the rich text editor (and not in the HTML editor let alone in Tapatalk...).

Thanks!

This is a linked gif image by the way.

Edited by Thanks

I never view this forum on my phone, this is my Mac desktop, running Firefox.

I do see the dog image, and some of the images of the girls do show up, but typically all I see is numbers. When a person quotes you, then the numbers turn into links which I can click and then see.

13 minutes ago, American Eagle said:

I never view this forum on my phone, this is my Mac desktop, running Firefox.

I do see the dog image, and some of the images of the girls do show up, but typically all I see is numbers. When a person quotes you, then the numbers turn into links which I can click and then see.

Does the same thing happen when running Safari? 

1 hour ago, Ropey said:

Does the same thing happen when running Safari? 

I never use Safari. But just tried it and all the photos appear.

1 hour ago, Thanks said:

Like Ropey said, try Safari. Also read this please ( scroll down within the frame):

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show

Scroll down within the frame is a pain in the ass. The link makes things easier. Just like if you didn't embed everything, things would be easier as well. Maybe the frames work just fine when using a phone, but on a computer it's not worth it.

12 minutes ago, American Eagle said:

I never use Safari. But just tried it and all the photos appear.

Scroll down within the frame is a pain in the ass. The link makes things easier. Just like if you didn't embed everything, things would be easier as well. Maybe the frames work just fine when using a phone, but on a computer it's not worth it.

Glad that you can see the pictures now!

I'm wondering how many forum members access this forum from a mobile device and how many from a desktop computer...

The frame above was indeed originally optimized for mobile devices. I've now changed the size settings from typical mobile website size to "auto". That means it *should* adapt depending on the device used...

I hope it's now displayed larger on your computer...

Firefox is likely your issue, simplest solution is to just browse this site with Safari. It will also help with you not being tracked by ad networks for adult content on Firefox, so won't influence any personalised campaigns if you use FF browser for normal browsing and safari for your adult browsing. You can reset your advertising ID which ad networks use to track your browser visits and sell to advertisers to reset your personalised ads too. 

On 6/12/2020 at 12:59 PM, sexycaracas said:

Hi guys. I do not understand why I cannot see any of the pictures posted by Thanks, on any of the topics on which he posts. I tried with Firefox and Explorer and the pictures do not appear on either. I would appreciate recommendations.

Congratulations on your first post since you've joined the forum in 2013...

There could be a variety of reasons for this to happen, for example

- the image URL link has expired,

- the linked picture was taken private or deleted by the person who originally uploaded it,

- your browser and/ or general security settings don't allow external content,

Try Chrome browser if you're using an Android device or Safari if your an Apple guy... 

For Firefox browser help see for example:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show

2 hours ago, Thanks said:

Congratulations on your first post since you've joined the forum in 2013...

Unbelievable isn't it....he has seven years of free wanking and only posts to complain!

Thanks, I appreciate the response. Teaseeanuk, sorry I offended you. I have been active on the sister site ladyboyspattaya.com and rarely check bangkokladyboys.net, that is why this was my first post. I will post some pics here next time I travel to Thailand.

Hello. Maybe its my computer, but I can see everyone else's pictures on all the topics and posts except most of those posted by 'Thanks' Pongerer. Just saying! Thank you

Maybe you want to read this thread.   BTW: I can't see any of your pictures...Just saying!