Thanks

Chateau de Bangkok or Dynasty Grande?

Hi all,

I’m Iooking for a first-hand hotel recommendation around Nana for a 1 week stay later this month. Where would you rather stay: At the Chateau de Bangkok or at the Dynasty Grande? I’ve read some (mostly positive) comments here about the DG but it seems I cannot find anything up-to-date on the CdB…

I’ve been to Bangkok more than five times over the last years, so I am not a newby anymore but also not really an expert such as obviously so many BMs here. Last time, summer 2018, I stayed at the relatively new Citrus Suites on soi 6 and it was just so so…

What’s important to me: a nice pool area for daytime relaxing, a good or very good brekky, should be near Nana (max. 10 - 15 minutes on foot to NEP), clean rooms (no cockroaches, ugh!). Approx. price range: 1800 - 2500 Baht. I intend to go to ST rooms with the girls but I also would like to have zero problems bringing back a girl if things turn out that way…

I’ve already read some tripadvisor and booking.com reviews and both a.m. hotels seem to be okay. But can BM who have already stayed at both hotels shed some light on what hotel they think is better?

BTW: Alternatives for me would be the Grand Sukhumvit soi 6 or the Phachara Suites just across the road.

Also, may I add here another question: What hotel booking site(s) can you recommend for the hotel you recommend? 
I usually prefer booking on the hotel’s own web page because they often have special offers and "member deals" there that are not available on Online booking sites such as Agoda, Booking.com or Expedia. Often they give you free room upgrades there or extras such as free brekkies or restaurant vouchers and so on.

Can you recommend 'local' booking sites such as Thaihoteldiscount.com? Are there any other (Thai or otherwise) hotel booking sites that give you agency rates (or any other "top secret" online booking sites with better rates than Agoda & Co.)?

Thanks - and sorry for the numerous questions - but perhaps other BM would also be interested in your answers!

Thanks ;-)

Chateau der Bangkok

Well, the story about the CdB is quickly told. When I wanted to book a room, 3 days before arrival, all the booking sites I looked at said that it's sold out (high season).

I therefore had to book a different hotel. 
However I did pay a visit to the CdB one afternoon. The distance from Nana Plaza to the hotel on foot is less than 15 minutes, perhaps even a bit less. However the street the hotel's located in, the boring wireless road (official name is "Soi Ruam Rudi" I believe, enter where the Novotel Ploen Chit is), isn't such a fun place. 20 - 30 year ago that must have been different: there must have been street walkers at night there. But no more!

I did check out the lobby of the CdB. The guests I noticed there were middle eastern people and farang couples. The building itself looks impressive. And the better suites I think are equipped with jacuzzi features in the bath tub - a definite plus for bringing back the ladies.

The CdB is probably not the most obvious choice for a fun holiday. But I shall keep it on my list for future travels.

Thanks for reading.

IMG_20181229_145659.jpg