Sign in to follow this  
Bwana_LB

Solitaire Bangkok on Soi 13

I've stayed at the Majestic Grande for years, but it's showing its age and is being taken over by Hilton in 2019.

Searching for a new place, and the Solitaire looks very nice. But the obvious question: does anyone know if it's guest friendly? Ladyboys allowed?

Any other info on the hotel would be appreciated. Thanks!

On 9/15/2018 at 12:05 AM, Bwana_LB said:

I've stayed at the Majestic Grande for years, but it's showing its age and is being taken over by Hilton in 2019.

Searching for a new place, and the Solitaire looks very nice. But the obvious question: does anyone know if it's guest friendly? Ladyboys allowed?

Any other info on the hotel would be appreciated. Thanks!

I know it's late in the game, so Bwana may have given up on this question. I myself have a reservation at Solitaire for upcoming December trip, so I emailed them to find out their guest policy. Below is their reply. It looks like they frown on getting blow jobs in the restaurant, but everything else is a go ladyboy-wise.....

Dear Mr. *******

Thank you for your email to Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit 11,

The joiner is free of charge however we do require them to present and leave their ID card at reception desk upon arrival and they are not allowed to be in any hotel public area.

Should you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

Natthaphat Santhaphan (Phat)(Mr.) | Reservations Manager

SOLITAIRE  BANGKOK by Kingston Hotels Group

75/23  Sukhumvit 13 , Bangkok 10110, Thailand

T: +66 (0) 2 081 3999 | F: +66 (0) 2 081 3888 | D: +66 (0) 2 081 3922 E: rsvn.mgr@solitairebangkok.com

Working Hour: 07:30 – 18:00 hrs on Mon – Fri & 08:00 – 17:30 hrs on Sat

1 hour ago, mangatanga said:

The Solitaire looks like a really nice hotel. Can anyone provide feedback on their stay? How’s the walk from NEP to the hotel... looks like it’s about a 15 minutes walk.

Yes I stayed there last week. Walking to Nana is quite a hike and it would take longer than 15 minutes. What google maps don't show are the crumbling sidewalks, Indian trinket booths, food carts, Arabs families loitering, beggars, etc that you have to navigate on the way. You can take a motorbike taxi to Sukhumvit for 20  baht, and then connect whatever way you want from there. There are also cabs and tuk tuks available. If cab is on the meter, NEP would be about 50 or 60 baht. 

My room was a bit on the smallish side, a mid-priced room I can't remember what is was called. However, the bed was the largest I have ever seen - much larger than a king size. I had 2 LBs spend the night with me a couple of nights and we could have easily accomodated a 3rd girl for 4 people total. 

The bathroom had very little counter top space, which is something I hate. I like being able to put all toiletries on the counter top next to the sink, but I couldn't do that. The closet was tiny and there really isn't anyplace to store undershorts or socks except in  your luggage.  

24 hour room service is not available, which is another negative. The restaurant itself is nothing special, but the food is decent both in quality and price. 

I know this comes off as a negative review, but I wouldn't have any problems staying there again. However,  if you want to stay in this area at a similar price you can get more bang for the buck at Grand Swiss on soi 11 or In Residence on soi 13. 

One last thing:  they don't take IDs of guests, which is something to be wary of if you plan on bringing a freelancer to your room.