Sign in to follow this  
wfkiwi69

Galleria 10 & 12 in Sukhumvit, Bkk

Hi

Looking at either of these hotels in Sukhumvit for mid July stop over before heading to Pattaya. So curious if a) guest friendly b) are they any good.

Cheers

wfkiwi69

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G10 is guest friendly. The rooms are ok- the last remodelling was five years ago and it shows in places. The pool is a large bathtub but the roof area is cool and the bar does some good 2 for 1 deals. The breakfast is ok. For the price and location it's good value.Parking a car in the underground carpark is an experience. In two visits (2013 & 2016) I never saw the golf buggy work but it's a reasonable walk to Suk (if you can make it past CIRB!)

I have stayed at Galleria 10 twice. Mikel gets it right. A couple of things to add: The lobby restaurant tends to get overwhelmed at breakfast. It's often hard to get a table quickly and it takes a while before tables are cleaned. The wi-fi on upper floors and at the pool can be dodgy.

It's a 5 minute walk up to Sukhumvit or CIB. Galleria 10 gets very little traffic out front, so if you need a taxi to take you and your luggage to the airport, be prepared to wait 15 or 20 minutes for the bellhops to fetch you a cab.

Don't know if this is important to you, but they do not take IDs of guests at the front desk. While you don't have anything to worry about with girls from CIB or Why Not, you may want to keep this in mind if you bring in a freelancer.