Sign in to follow this  
mespicy

Royal President Bangkok

Yes stayed there 2 days ago ... standard room , but it was good . Nice little mini mart off lobby .. but of a walk to Sukhumvit on narrow soi 15 , but can cut over to 13 next to 7/11 .

I use the Royal for one nighters often .

Kinda like the grand president before the upgrades ... but still nicer than the tower 1 in the grand and much cheaper . For the price ... it’s ok

Yes stayed there 2 days ago ... standard room , but it was good . Nice little mini mart off lobby .. but of a walk to Sukhumvit on narrow soi 15 , but can cut over to 13 next to 7/11 .

Kinda like the grand president before the upgrades ... but still nicer than the tower 1 in the grand and much cheaper . For the price ... its ok

Hey Scoobie do you know what the suites sre like there? I always stay

in the deluxe suites in the Grand but they are starting to be very dated and dirty!

Kinda like the grand president before the upgrades ... but still nicer than the tower 1 in the grand and much cheaper . For the price ... its ok

in the deluxe suites in the Grand but they are starting to be very dated and dirty!

I agree the grand is becoming quite dated , except of course for the new upgraded rooms in the lower floors of tower 2 ,

And has tired and trampled breakfast , busy lobby , poor facilities ....

But my purpose of staying at either place is not for a holiday experience , where breakfast and facilities matter .

Its the mongering experience ...Price , cleanliness , room size , and location.

Both hotels are LB friendly and I have never had a problem with multiple guests.

It was purely the recent price jump at the grand that caused me to switch to the Royal

I have not yet stayed in the suites in the Royal . Just a standard or deluxe , depending on the deals at the time .

But I find the hotels are pretty much the same vintage , Royal slightly less dated ... maybe ?

Main difference is Royal being on soi 15 , is less busy, and more “private “ without the crowds hanging outside clubs and restaurants like you get on 11 .

But some mongrels might prefer that !!

I agree the grand is becoming quite dated , except of course for the new upgraded rooms in the lower floors of tower 2 ,

But my purpose of staying at either place is not for a holiday experience , where breakfast and facilities matter .

Both hotels are LB friendly and I have never had a problem with multiple guests.

It was purely the recent price jump at the grand that caused me to switch to the Royal

I have not yet stayed in the suites in the Royal . Just a standard or deluxe , depending on the deals at the time .

But I find the hotels are pretty much the same vintage , Royal slightly less dated ... maybe ?

Main difference is Royal being on soi 15 , is less busy, and more “private “ without the crowds hanging outside clubs and restaurants like you get on 11 .

Lol @ mongrels :P

Main difference is Royal being on soi 15 , is less busy, and more private without the crowds hanging outside clubs and restaurants like you get on 11 .

Agree mate. I tried the new suites in the Grand but lack of any windows was a deal breaker for me.

Might give the Royal a go the crowds now on Soi 11 are definitely not to my liking!

Thanks for the ingo!

On 7/13/2018 at 12:53 AM, Geronimo42 said:

Just bumping this up on the hope someone has stayed in the Junior Suites ag the Royal President. Need to book soon going over on 15th August.

thanks guys

This website is better for pics and reviews of hotels. The pics are professional, but they were taken by Oyster instead of provided by the hotel. There are 47 pics of suites. Oyster.com beats the hell out of Trip Advisor, expedia and the others for hotel info. 

https://www.oyster.com/bangkok/hotels/royal-president-bangkok/