Sign in to follow this  
Mattski3232

Makkasan to Nana - Taxi or MRT/BTS?

Hi All,

Just a quick question on traffic and the best way to get to Nana BTS from Makkasan station.

I'm using the ARL from Swampy to Makkasan and my hotel is on Suk Soi 7/1 (so right next to Nana BTS).

Looking at the map, it seems that a taxi would be best as its basically down Asok-Montri then turn into Suk at T21.

My concern is that as I land at 15.15 it'll be around 16.30-17.00ish (or Rush Hour) when I come out at Makkasan - so bearing in mind Bangkok traffic can be mental I wonder what would be the quickest way - a Taxi or the MRT/BTS combo??

I don't have a lot of luggage (carry bag and medium suitcase) so if the taxi got stuck at say Soi 10 Suk - I would happily walk the 5 mins or so to Nana and walk over the bridge - I just think walking with a suitcase from Asok would be just a tad to long.

Grateful for your thoughts - Oh and it'll be a Friday as well (so weekend traffic at Rush Hour...)

Mattski

Follow signs in terminal to the City Line. Wont take the full 24 min shown on directions.

Edited by sornierob

If you don’t have slots of baggage take the airport link to phaya thai then to bts and get off at nana. That is the quickest.

there are already multiple youtube video which showing how to get from Makkasan station to Phetchaburi MRT Station

i find this video the easiest to understand

from Phetchaburi MRT Station to Asoke BTS

STOP WATCHING THE VIDEO AT 4;33 MIN

the video guy has entered the Asoke BTS gantry and had turned towards the right to take the escalator. That is the wrong direction.

to go to Nana bts, you need to take the escalator on the left side and it is only one stop away

Hi All,

Just a quick question on traffic and the best way to get to Nana BTS from Makkasan station.

I'm using the ARL from Swampy to Makkasan and my hotel is on Suk Soi 7/1 (so right next to Nana BTS).

Looking at the map, it seems that a taxi would be best as its basically down Asok-Montri then turn into Suk at T21.

My concern is that as I land at 15.15 it'll be around 16.30-17.00ish (or Rush Hour) when I come out at Makkasan - so bearing in mind Bangkok traffic can be mental I wonder what would be the quickest way - a Taxi or the MRT/BTS combo??

I don't have a lot of luggage (carry bag and medium suitcase) so if the taxi got stuck at say Soi 10 Suk - I would happily walk the 5 mins or so to Nana and walk over the bridge - I just think walking with a suitcase from Asok would be just a tad to long.

Grateful for your thoughts - Oh and it'll be a Friday as well (so weekend traffic at Rush Hour...)

Mattski

I think it wouldnt be much difference in time to walk from Asoke than Soi 10 , as Soi 10 you would have to get up & over sukhumvit Rd to get to Soi7/1 ... Regardles , if you dont have much luggage i find the train(s) are great .. however cab to lower odd number sois off sukhumvit is pretty good run mostly

edit :- maybe my reply wasnt specific to your queries , but you got it anyway 555

Edited by Boomerang

Hi All,

Mattski

Haha. Sorry but so many quotes about LBs fresh from the farm. I cant help but chuckle about all the inquiring mongers FOB. Lol. The Airlink and BTS arent that difficult. No brainers actually. If you can find this forum you should be able to figure out the public transit in BKK.

Cheers all guys.

I don't know what FOB stands for.

Thought about Phaya Thai just thought Makkasan and taxi et al might be quicker - but as you say, PT then BTS is easier.

Only a few short days and its wheels up...CIB my first stop - Why Not my second.......

Hi all,

many info here about the well known Phaya Thai link, Suvarnabhumi Taxi, Asoke BTS....

But what about Makkasan taxi?

Are taxis easy available outside ARL Makkasan?

And is it usually a fast run to Nana, or a bother in traffic jam? :huh:

Plenty of taxis driving by at any given time, but it's slower than bts, can even be significantly slower depending on the time of day - except Sunday, Sunday is the only good day on the road in bkk.