Are there any decent restaurants in Lower Suk where I can get good falafel? My next door neighbor in the US was Syrian and man could she make good falafel.

Edit: I know there are some on Soi 3 .. any others to be recommended?

falafel plate.jpg

Edited by flipflops

Are there any decent restaurants in Lower Suk where I can get good falafel? My next door neighbor in the US was Syrian and man could she make good falafel.

Edit: I know there are some on Soi 3 .. any others to be recommended?

attachicon.giffalafel plate.jpg

Check Out Arabesque on Suk Soi 2. Nice place without the hustle and bustle of soi 3. Decent Food too..

Are there any decent restaurants in Lower Suk where I can get good falafel? My next door neighbor in the US was Syrian and man could she make good falafel

Edit: I know there are some on Soi 3 .. any others to be

falafel plate.jpg

Good idea to ask for a recommendation. You dont want to eat at a place that will make you feelawful !

Sharazad in soi 3 alley in Arab town is well worth a visit.

Another bkklbdy recommendation that surpasses itself

I'd forgotten that I had posted this. I went to Sharzad and the food was good. The dishes seemed to more than I care to eat so I cobbled some stuff together with advice from one of the guys. The food is good. The falafel was good but not at all what I expected. Small donut shapes instead of round golfball size pieces. My Syrian neighbor made falafel in hamburger sized patties. All of the food was good.

This place is excellent for cheap “eat on the side of the road goodness”. Get a kick out of watching the Arab families come and go from the Grace Hotel across the street while scarfing down several shawarma sandwiches. Has been a standby of mine for almost 10 years. You can thank me later :D

Mahmoud's Shawarma
7 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
+66 86 078 2166
https://goo.gl/maps/PwXB7SJesa787LSC7

Nadimos is also excellent but none of the two locations in BKK are walking distance from Nana.

2 minutes ago, bigtimetslover said:

This place is excellent for cheap “eat on the side of the road goodness”. Get a kick out of watching the Arab families come and go from the Grace Hotel across the street while scarfing down several shawarma sandwiches. Has been a standby of mine for almost 10 years. You can thank me later :D

Mahmoud's Shawarma
7 Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
+66 86 078 2166
https://goo.gl/maps/PwXB7SJesa787LSC7

Nadimos is also excellent but none of the two locations in BKK are walking distance from Nana.

Yes, I can concur with you....had many a late night Shawarma there watching the seedy coming and going around the Grace Hotel.

Have to be careful and not let the beer goggles let your down as those you would never normally give a second glance to suddenly start looking like Miss World!

2 minutes ago, taaseesanuk said:

Yes, I can concur with you....had many a late night Shawarma there watching the seedy coming and going around the Grace Hotel.

Have to be careful and not let the beer goggles let your down as those you would never normally give a second glance to suddenly start looking like Miss World!

Seedy coming and going is definitely a better way to put it!! 

2 minutes ago, bigtimetslover said:

Seedy coming and going is definitely a better way to put it!! 

Great place to people watch....without meaning to put a damper on the restaurant critique..... they have to be some of the biggest street rats down there I have seen in BKK!

3 minutes ago, taaseesanuk said:

Great place to people watch....without meaning to put a damper on the restaurant critique..... they have to be some of the biggest street rats down there I have seen in BKK!

Speaking of street rats, I’m ditching the flip flops and going with tennis shoes on my next trip. I’d never seen so many as I did last summer. :Vom: