• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 pointplace

pointplace

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Special fetish for darkskinned, slim lb with long cocks.
    Visiting 29th september to 2nd october if anyone wants a wingman. Early 30s from Scandinavia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:33 AM

Hi guys,

I am going on a whirldwind 3 days trip to BKK so im trying to be a good boy scout and come prepared :) 

I was wondering if you guys could share your Top 5 restaurants around Nana? High low, anything goes, but I hope that you have a least one Thai place on your list, as I would like to eat as much local as possible (Thai food prices in Scandinavia are ridiculous and not very good food...)

cheers.

#2 crazycloud

crazycloud

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts
  • Interests:ladyboys who top

Posted 08 September 2017 - 09:58 AM

POPULAR

Margarita Storm for mexican food, on soi 13.

Viva on soi 8.

Firehouse for burgers on soi 11.

But no need to limit yourself to Nana. The BTS will take you to lots of good restaurants just a few stops away.

• OneTrueSaxon, oliver17 and flipflops like this

Exhausted with gay pleasures, I embrace my wife...

#3 pointplace

pointplace

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests:Special fetish for darkskinned, slim lb with long cocks.
    Visiting 29th september to 2nd october if anyone wants a wingman. Early 30s from Scandinavia

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:29 PM

Cool thx. Any recommendations if i venture off with the BTS? I figure with the weather end of the month and traffic, walking and taxis will be tough so prefer something near the stations.

#4 carbonara69

carbonara69

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

POPULAR

For Thai food, Zanzibar in soi 11, Det-5 in soi 8 and Cabbage and Condoms in soi 12

• OneTrueSaxon, oliver17 and flipflops like this

#5 Boomerang

Boomerang

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:26 PM

Depends on what type of food you want .

#6 crazycloud

crazycloud

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

Cool thx. Any recommendations if i venture off with the BTS? I figure with the weather end of the month and traffic, walking and taxis will be tough so prefer something near the stations.

If you want quality upgraded Thai food, check out Soul Food Mahanakorn, a very short walk from the Thong Lor BTS. If alone, you can sit at the bar (they also do good drinks). If with a date, reservations advised. They're ladyboy friendly. I've brought dates there before. I've even seen a ladyboy employed as a server.

http://www.soulfoodmahanakorn.com/

Edited by crazycloud, 08 September 2017 - 03:11 PM.

• Boomerang likes this

#7 Ditto

Ditto

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

POPULAR

Should all of the above or whatever follows this post fail, or should you find yourself around Nana after hours and famished, you can always rely on getting some decent food at Took Lae Dee.

While not falling into the category of elegance as other places. it should not disappoint you.

Took Lae Dee means cheap and good in Thai, and its long food counter, which can be found inside any branch of Foodland supermarkets, has appeared in countless numbers of Thai movies and thus is well known throughout the country. The food is nothing over the top, but its regulars swear by it, and many visitors to Thailand end up spending days and hours there, lingering over the big breakfasts, including toast, eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, orange juice and tea or coffee. Think of that local cheap hangout diner back in the USA and you can see why Took Lae Dee is a success, not to mention that you can go shopping in the supermarket while you are there.

The branch in Soi 5 attracts the odd freelancer...so you never know what bargains you may get.

• pointplace, fnerk, sornierob and 1 other like this

#8 flipflops

flipflops

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:Good fun living... with a ladyboy tossed in for good measure.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:23 PM

POPULAR

Go to CIB or Why Not and have the staff order in the best food they can find.

• crazycloud, carbonara69 and Markm like this

Spinning around in this digital world @ 33 1/3 rpm

#9 crazycloud

crazycloud

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:29 PM

Excellent advice if you want to experience Thai food as the Thais eat it.

#10 sornierob

sornierob

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts
  • Interests:The twoandahalfed world.

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:44 PM

Should all of the above or whatever follows this post fail, or should you find yourself around Nana after hours and famished, you can always rely on getting some decent food at Took Lae Dee.
While not falling into the category of elegance as other places. it should not disappoint you.

Took Lae Dee means cheap and good in Thai, and its long food counter, which can be found inside any branch of Foodland supermarkets, has appeared in countless numbers of Thai movies and thus is well known throughout the country. The food is nothing over the top, but its regulars swear by it, and many visitors to Thailand end up spending days and hours there, lingering over the big breakfasts, including toast, eggs, bacon, ham, sausages, orange juice and tea or coffee. Think of that local cheap hangout diner back in the USA and you can see why Took Lae Dee is a success, not to mention that you can go shopping in the supermarket while you are there.

The branch in Soi 5 attracts the odd freelancer...so you never know what bargains you may get.

Absolutely!! I eat lunch at Soi 5 Foodland TLD almost daily when in BKK. Ditto said it all.

#11 carbonara69

carbonara69

Wicked LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 08:19 PM

POPULAR

I have done that a few times and sure it is worth a try. Remember to order something also for the girls, they will love it and they will love you.

Another option is to take a girl out for dinner and let her order the food, I have eaten some delicious things this way that were not even on the menu

• Boomerang, crazycloud and flipflops like this

#12 Knobby

Knobby

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music,photography,sex and Thailand.

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:25 PM

I have done that a few times and sure it is worth a try. Remember to order something also for the girls, they will love it and they will love you.

Another option is to take a girl out for dinner and let her order the food, I have eaten some delicious things this way that were not even on the menu

good idea that,might take Fiat or Cat out one night.

Born to Lose... Live to Win

#13 SanMiguel

SanMiguel

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 06:57 AM

Det 5 - Soi 8

Argentina Steakhouse beside Terminal 21

Foodland

#14 Boomerang

Boomerang

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:01 AM

Det 5 - Soi 8
Argentina Steakhouse beside Terminal 21
Foodland

Will second the steakhouse , very nice & the caramel vodka is addictive . Bit on the expensive side but i visit there once each trip

#15 goldenbear

goldenbear

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:20 PM

How are the Mall food courts at Siam and Termimal 21.

Does anyone have a China Towb recommendation?

#16 Ropey

Ropey

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 04:43 PM

I don't rate Bangkok for Western or other foreign food at all, but there's surprisingly good Thai food around:

This place in soi 8 is famous for the fish curry and a short walk from nana:

Prai Raya
59 Soi Sukhumvit 8, Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110
02 253 5556

https://goo.gl/maps/3RAgG4mDHbH2

There's a load of good street food here and in the vicinity:

Nana Market
Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110

https://goo.gl/maps/j5hPzRcnE182

Really delicious Thai fine dining two bts stops nearby:

Sawasdee
06-07 อาคาร President Tower ชั้น G Phloen Chit Rd, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330
02 656 0141

https://goo.gl/maps/ZLfGk2zwV272

The better of the mall food courts is in Embassy, LG floor called Eathai, it's setup like an open market with food from different parts of the country to help familiarise yourself with what Thai food comes from where in Thailand (though most Isaan dishes are actually from Laos) :

Eathai @ Central Embassy
1031 Phloen Chit Rd, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330
02 160 5940

https://goo.gl/maps/WJPRPVCnsF12

The best Thai food is not in the central city, but these are all tourist friendly places close to you.

#17 ladypat65

ladypat65

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:26 PM

How are the Mall food courts at Siam and Termimal 21.

Does anyone have a China Towb recommendation?

Plenty of choice for sure.

Siam would be my pick and the food offerings on centralworld look as good if not better.

I believe the food court at the top of terminal 21 is as cheap as chips.

• Boomerang and goldenbear like this

#18 Boomerang

Boomerang

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 07:06 AM

Plenty of choice for sure.
Siam would be my pick and the food offerings on centralworld look as good if not better.
I believe the food court at the top of terminal 21 is as cheap as chips.

Food hall up top or 2nd top ? floor of MBK is good & also cheap . Can use rabbit (bts) card there also & top it up if needed too .

Edited by Boomerang, 21 October 2017 - 07:07 AM.

#19 ladypat65

ladypat65

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

Terminal 21 higher floor from memory (cinema on very top) and use voucher system and refund what you don't need.

For all our complaints about exchange rates, Bangkok offers everything from street food upto

high end dining and everything in between.

We all have the option of cutting our cloths accordingly if necessary.  

#20 Knobby

Knobby

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Interests:Music,photography,sex and Thailand.

Posted 21 October 2017 - 08:34 PM

I don't rate Bangkok for Western or other foreign food at all, but there's surprisingly good Thai food around:

This place in soi 8 is famous for the fish curry and a short walk from nana:

Prai Raya
59 Soi Sukhumvit 8, Khwaeng Khlong Toei, Khet Khlong Toei, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110
02 253 5556

https://goo.gl/maps/3RAgG4mDHbH2

There's a load of good street food here and in the vicinity:

Nana Market
Sukhumvit Rd, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110

https://goo.gl/maps/j5hPzRcnE182

Really delicious Thai fine dining two bts stops nearby:

Sawasdee
06-07 อาคาร President Tower ชั้น G Phloen Chit Rd, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330
02 656 0141

https://goo.gl/maps/ZLfGk2zwV272

The better of the mall food courts is in Embassy, LG floor called Eathai, it's setup like an open market with food from different parts of the country to help familiarise yourself with what Thai food comes from where in Thailand (though most Isaan dishes are actually from Laos) :

Eathai @ Central Embassy
1031 Phloen Chit Rd, Khwaeng Lumphini, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330
02 160 5940

https://goo.gl/maps/WJPRPVCnsF12

The best Thai food is not in the central city, but these are all tourist friendly places close to you.

The top 2 sounds good.

I always forget about the market. I pass it and think "I will stop there to eat later" and forget.

Born to Lose... Live to Win

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users