• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 pointplace

pointplace

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Special fetish for darkskinned, slim lb with long cocks.
    Visiting 20th to 25th May if anyone wants a wingman, PM me. Early 30s from Scandinavia.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

Hi there, I hope its ok I make a new thread on this since things might have changed.

I am landing end of September and going to the Pullmann hotel near Soi Cowboy. So my questions are:

- Where do I get a sim card for 3 days?

- Any recommendations if I want around 5-10gb for the 3 days? 

Last time I was in Bangkok was 2011 when you still had to go to an internet cafe to check mails and the like. Much harder to sit surrounded by teenagers trying to reach ladyboys :) 

Cheers :) 

#2 mikel

mikel

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,748 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

The arrivals hall at the airport has several telco desks. Just pick what you want hand over the phone and the staff do the rest. You'll be on your way in five minutes.

#3 staple

staple

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:Rimming, sucking, fucking, getting fucked, and stamp collecting.

Posted 05 September 2017 - 09:44 PM

If the booths at Suvarnabhumi are swamped you can always go to Terminal 21 (very close to your hotel) on the top floor all the major carriers have a store. Just find the plan that fits your needs and they will set everything up for you. I prefer this to Suvarnabhumi because you can take a little time to find the right plan and best deal. Also the food court there is awesome.
  • bkk16dd likes this

#4 Boomerang

Boomerang

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,785 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 11:29 PM

i get a sim @ the airport now as its easy . i also get them to do a print out of my my number in bold text & stick it inside my phone cover . Sure helps when asked your number at hotel or bar or wherever :)

Edited by Boomerang, 05 September 2017 - 11:30 PM.

• flipflops likes this

#5 flipflops

flipflops

LB Mogul

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts
  • Interests:Good fun living... with a ladyboy tossed in for good measure.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 04:42 AM

I have a monthly 4.5 GB plan with dtac that i've used for 2.5 years. When I leave the country I make sure the balance is below the monthly fee of 399baht plus VAT. The number stays in effect and when i return a few months later, I stop at the airport dtac place and they load my sim card, top up and i'm ready to go again.

If my account renews on say the 10th of the month and I'm scheduled to leave on the 15th I can still use my phone for calls, line and internet etc but it deducts from the balance. That is fairly expensive.

I think (but not positive) that if you have a balance in your account the account will remain active for a year.

Spinning around in this digital world @ 33 1/3 rpm

#6 pointplace

pointplace

LB Lover

• Member +
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Special fetish for darkskinned, slim lb with long cocks.
    Visiting 20th to 25th May if anyone wants a wingman, PM me. Early 30s from Scandinavia.

Posted 06 September 2017 - 02:14 PM

great thanks, I will see what the line is like at the airport, would be nice to hit the ground running since im only there for 3 days, so probably worth the wait at the airport.

#7 buffalojunk

buffalojunk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

Stupid question, if I use my existing iPhone with a new Sim Card from the airport, will I still have access to all my contacts and/or apps?

#8 Geronimo42

Geronimo42

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Yes! All that is stored on phone not the sim. The only thing that changes is your phone number. Just put in the new sim and you are off and ready. If you get a sim at the airport the girls will load it and make sure all is in working irder.
  • Boomerang likes this

#9 sornierob

sornierob

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 407 posts
  • Interests:The twoandahalfed world.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 04:02 AM

I have used AIS and True. Recommend AIS. And be sure to keep your home country sim in a safe place so you can re-install on your return.

#10 scot56

scot56

LB Lover

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:41 AM

Dtac has worked ok for me as well.

#11 scottie1954

scottie1954

LB Connoisseur

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
  • Interests:Guess what I am interested to.

Posted 15 April 2018 - 08:01 AM

1 Giga for a week is more than sufficient
I am just off a trip in Africa and I loaded a 3 giga plan. After 10days I had used 850Mb out of it and trust me I have been extensively browsing, chatting etc as no WiFi were I was for 5 days.
Thailand offers a wide variety of free WiFi access in any bar, restraursnt etc.
Just the gogo might not offer acces, but I believe one doesn’t stay in a gogo for long and for browsing.

#12 rouke

rouke

LB Lover

• Advanced Member
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Interests:Passable SYT ladyboys

Posted 17 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

FYI,  you can also pre order a klook sim card and pick up at at the bkk airports. 

I think they have a partnership with dtac as it look almost like a dtac sim.

If you see the circled drop down option, you can choose to pay in different currency other than thai baht, Just follow the instructions

it is very clear and concise. Moreover, they are giving a better discount now. When i last pre-ordered the sim card in  March , it was 25%  off, whereas now it is 50% off. 

https://www.klook.co...m-card-bangkok/

klook.jpg

• Boomerang likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users