galleria hotel soi 10 has a bar on the roof top . Its so so ,, but spot on location you asked . :)

That's the hotel where i'm staying so will check it out thanks

I had dinner at Galeria on the rooftop which presumably is same as bar area. We were the only people there circa 2030. The food was fine -just main course selection of nibble food. Stifling hot outside the air con area but that could have been due to hot season more than anything. While there was nothing wrong with the food I've not been back. Worth try but don't have high expectations of it. Lebua it ain't.

That's the hotel where i'm staying so will check it out thanks

I stayed at Galleria 10 for 6 or 7 nights last December. Like mardhi says, the rooftop food is decent but not special. The tables are tucked away in nooks and crannies in walls around the pool.This gives you a lot of privacy, which is a good thing. For a few nights during my stay, the roof was rented out for private parties and no hotel guests were allowed. During the day, the pool gets plenty of sun.

Lebua it ain't.

I have read a couple of times on the forums that Lebua bar disdains ladyboys. Not exactly openly unfriendly, but the staff gives off a cold vibe when you show up with a girl. Is that true?

I have read a couple of times on the forums that Lebua bar disdains ladyboys. Not exactly openly unfriendly, but the staff gives off a cold vibe when you show up with a girl. Is that true?

I have never had this happen to me and I have brought a couple of ladyboys to Lebua before.

I also see on my facebook plenty of ladyboys checking in in lebua and taking selfies with the famous lebua dome in the background.

I find the venue overrated and overpriced but I can't say the staff were ever unfriendly to my guests, whether they were LB or GG.

I have never had this happen to me and I have brought a couple of ladyboys to Lebua before.

I also see on my facebook plenty of ladyboys checking in in lebua and taking selfies with the famous lebua dome in the background.

I have been to Lebua with a ladyboy(non-bar one) as well. There were absolutely no issues from the staff.

I was on Lebua with Patricia in October 2013. No issues whatsoever.

Ones I like are Cru, Octave and Vertigo Moon and Bar

ok

my view of best rooftop bars

have been to 8 in bkk and 1 imposter in phuket

zero in pattaya

ok drumroll

bkk

nearly all stay lower suk

jump a motorbike taxi and your lb squeeze on another

keep your knees in as traffic is negotiated

10 mins of near suicidal mayhem brings you to centara grande

just past siam paragon

second tower from suk

ground floor reception pretty deserted lb squeeze is dressed like a slut

a lovable one

up a few floors in lift

change to another for about 30 odd floors

out and change to another to very top which is restaurant

walk thru it to sky garden

scary steps up to very top

view exceptional

lounges to loll around on like cleopatra

pricey finger food

even pricier drink prices

your lb darling has half a fat with the thrill of it

so goes my fave rooftop bar

good story eh

cheers

your

second tower from suk

I haven't yet been to 8 rooftop bars in Bangkok, like onebraveaussie, but I'm getting there...

The Axis & Spin rooftop bar on top of the Continent hotel is one that I've visited for example. It's close to Asok junction and therefore near Soi Cowboy. I found it a bit difficult to find as the entrance to the Continent is a bit hidden. 

Once inside the hotel you just forget about the reception / front desk and head for the elevators. No one will stop you, just the opposite. I didn't see any cowboys but instead many hotel guests in the generation X age bracket. The two top floors that make up the Axis & Spin area are therefore full of people in their 30s and 40s. 

The skybar restaurant is mainly an indoor location, unlike some other rooftop bars I'm familiar with. Only a small part of the skybar has access to the outside. No tables there outside. Just enough space for a few people. But you have a great view of the lower Sukhumvit area! 

The night I was there they were pretty busy.

Just to have a good view from the skybar you don't need a reservation. But if you want to dine with your LB it's better to RSVP. Dress code for dining: smart casual recommended. To just have a look from the skybar observation deck: go as you please.

http://www.thecontinentdining.com/axis-and-spin.php

View from the skybar outside area:

20190130_140626.gif

There is too many decent street level bars to be worried about finding rooftop ones at ridiculous prices.

If you want an amazing rooftop skyline view go to Manhattan!

15 minutes ago, taaseesanuk said:

There is too many decent street level bars to be worried about finding rooftop ones at ridiculous prices.

If you want an amazing rooftop skyline view go to Manhattan!

Taas

You are right as usual, but now you are thinking like a farang bloke!

The opportunity for selfies  (i.e. face points) is much greater on a roof top and that's why the Thai LBs love them as a destination. The farang who is needless to say paying USD 20+ for a watered down cocktail is less impressed.

I took some chums to the Sky Bar on my last trip and they went missing for at least 30 minutes as they were in a selfie frenzy. Well that's how they explained the absence, who knows?

Cheers

SAG

13 minutes ago, SAGuy said:

Taas

The opportunity for selfies  (i.e. face points) is much greater on a roof top and that's why the Thai LBs love them as a destination. The farang who is needless to say paying USD 20+ for a watered down cocktail is less impressed.

I took some chums to the Sky Bar on my last trip and they went missing for at least 30 minutes as they were in a selfie frenzy. Well that's how they explained the absence, who knows?

Cheers

SAG

14 minutes ago, SAGuy said:

Taas

Cheers

SAG

Indeed, but the cynical old bastard that I am sees through the plumes of flora and fauna and the polished chrome!

35 minutes ago, taaseesanuk said:

Indeed, but the cynical old bastard that I am sees through the plumes of flora and fauna and the polished chrome!

But sometimes to get your chrome polished you have to do these kind of things!

SAG

11 minutes ago, SAGuy said:

But sometimes to get your chrome polished you have to do these kind of things!

SAG

You do make me smile SAG! I guess that sometimes you do have to.