lotusguy

Dentist and doctors

Thanks for info, are there any side effects of PrEP ? is it easily available in LOS ? If you were to take it upon arrival as added protection would it be effective or does it need to be taken for a while to become active ?

Thanks for info, are there any side effects of PrEP ? is it easily available in LOS ? If you were to take it upon arrival as added protection would it be effective or does it need to be taken for a while to become active ?

For that kind of advice my advice is consult a doctor

I am not anti-truvada. In fact, I said that I support you taking it if you want to lower your risk. I would rather see you taking it than not taking it.

Truvada has only been shown to be 99% effective if you're taking it every day and that is in controlled studies. I'll reiterate that it's just a drug, and every drug's effectiveness can be reduced by your behavior, other drugs, and other things you ingest. If you're taking PREP and walking around feeling like you're risk has been lowered, then that's smart. If you're taking PREP and thinking that HIV is now a "non-issue" then I think you've got your blinders on. The fact that men have gotten HIV while taking PREP should be enough proof for anyone to be cautious.

And even if you're taking PREP, it doesn't protect you against hepatitis, gonorrhea, or any of the other drug-resistant strains of infections that people are dying from here every day. So I hope you're using condoms in addition to PREP. If I were a "concern troll" then I would definitely be taking prep, but I just use condoms so that I have range of protection against everything. I just got over a drug-resistant strain of phlarnygitis.... It took 3 rounds of different antibiotics and multiple hospital visits over two months to finally knock it out. It spread to my tonsils and sinuses, and at one point I thought I was going to die because of how fucked up I was from the sickness and the high dose of antibiotics I was on. If I had caught that on my dick, who knows what kind of damage it could have caused.

Of course "no one gets out alive", but it's up to you to keep yourself alive as long as possible. Please, by all means take PREP... I highly encourage you to. But don't use it as your only protection.

STD's have been around for literally thousands of years before hiv came on the scene. Almost all of them can already be cured with antibiotics, the current exception being hiv, and it's just a matter of time before it's curable too.

Ultimately, even your infection was cured wasn't it.... and don't bother bringing up all the exceptions to the rule again like with the "third man to get hiv while taking PrEP" since it's introduction in 2012 and probably close to 100,000 people taking it at this time.... and don't tell me about how safe you are wearing a condom because if you were honest you would have to admit that even condoms aren't 100% effective.

Did you wear a condom before hiv? Maybe you aren't old enough to remember those days, however I am, and I can tell you that most people didn't except for the Catholics because they couldn't take birth control pills. Getting a std was always a risk but a trip to the doctor and a jab of antibiotics took care of that, and the difference between wearing a condom and not wearing one was worth the inconvenience of the occasional jab, at least it was in my opinion.

With the development of PrEP we are pretty much back to the old days where the only thing to really worry about if you don't like condoms.... is NOT hiv, but some other std that is curable.... even Hep C is curable now.

But again, thanks for your concern.

The only 100% effective protection against sexually transmitted diseases is abstaining from sex 100%!

Anyway back to the teeth work :)

Sounds like Thailand's dentists are more professional than what you come across in other third world countries. In Juarez, Mexico I once saw a dental office that doubled as an automobile upholstery repair shop.

Sounds like Thailand's dentists are more professional than what you come across in other third world countries. In Juarez, Mexico I once saw a dental office that doubled as an automobile upholstery repair shop.

They are very good in my experience :)

I love it when conversations get on to sexual health and nobody mentions hepatitis while banging on about Prep. That disease is for more likely to reduce length and quality of life than HIV these days, anyways, teeth and veneers...

Mate we said we would never talk about that again , you did look ok in your schoolgirl outfit . But your lipstick was not that good

There's me thinking my hairy hobbit legs would be enough to deter any 'would be' ladyboy monger taking a passing fancy to me...

But I guess I need to be careful as you did bang Benny from cross roads, oops I mean checkinn :)

image.jpeg

I suggest any of the BM's who read your comments read the article and do the math! ...

So, I did.

From the article, using Truvada the chance of not being infected in one encounter with HIV+ person = 99% = 0.99 probability

=> chance of not being infected after two encounters = 0.99 x 0.99 = 0.99^2 = 0.98

=> ... => chance of not being infected after 70 encounters = 0.99^70 = 0.49.

So, even if you are on Truvada, the odds are that you'll be infected within 6 months even at a slow

pace of sex every other day. Of course, this presumes you're having sex every time with a + person with

Truvada being the only line of defence.

However, if you are randomly picking LBs off the street then the odds actually improve in your favor. Because

say 1 in 100 LBs is +. Then the probability of being infected in one encounter drops from 0.01 to 0.0001.

Which means the chance of safety increases to 0.9999. And, 0.9999^1000 = 0.90, so even after a 1000

encounters your odds are good.

To my mind the danger pointed to here is from a regular LB or GG you like well enough to see regularly and

are so comfortable with that you suck, swallow, BB, etc. If she somehow goes and gets infected from another

person while still in that semi-relationship with you then you are (unknowingly) running a really lousy

risk of catching something, especially in the initial stages of her infection when nothing shows outwardly

(and she may not even be aware) but the viral load is high.

Conclusions are (1) randomize your LBs, i.e., no regulars (2) cover up with regulars or (3) have

yourselves frequently checked.

Ok, that's all for today boys. Now go outside and play.

I love it when conversations get on to sexual health and nobody mentions hepatitis while banging on about Prep. That disease is for more likely to reduce length and quality of life than HIV these days, anyways, teeth and veneers...

I think you missed this part...

"With the development of PrEP we are pretty much back to the old days where the only thing to really worry about if you don't like condoms.... is NOT hiv, but some other std that is curable.... even Hep C is curable now."

But an untreatable gonorrhea has emerged....

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/Antibiotic-resistant-gonorrhoea/en/

...and I've heard from a BM here that the current HIV treatment drugs don't *always* work either (he recently buried a friend).

An instant cheap STD diagnosis would be really nice, like a 10 second swab of the arm that would tell whether either of you had anything to fear. I really *hate* to fuck with condoms.

Edited by DeepnHard

But an untreatable gonorrhea has emerged....

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2017/Antibiotic-resistant-gonorrhoea/en/

...and I've heard from a BM here that the current HIV treatment drugs don't *always* work either (he recently buried a friend).

An instant cheap STD diagnosis would be really nice, like a 10 second swab of the arm that would tell whether either of you had anything to fear. I really *hate* to fuck with condoms.

Here let me fix that for ya...

But an >currently

There, that's better