adslv

Don Muang airport to nana

Hi Guys,

I'ts almost time for my first trip to LOS. I was wondering what the best mode of transport from Don Muang airport to Nana would be (my hotel is near nana plaza).

Would you recommend a taxi straight to the hotel, or to take the bus to Mor Chit and continue on BTS to Nana BTS station? My flight arrives at Don Muang around 15:30.

Done it more times than I can count!

After you pick up your luggage head to the upstairs departure area. Head outside and pick up a cab that is just dropping someone off. The actual taxi area on the arrivals side is so fucked up it isn't funny, skip it.

After you get a taxi say "meter please" and if he says no get out. After you have a cab tell him "toll way" this will get you on the elevated expressway.

If you just tell him "Nana" he will get it!

120 baht for the tollway and usually 250 for the cab ride, well worth it in my opinion in order to simplify getting downtown.

Best of luck and have fun!

If you have a lot of luggage, the A1 Bus -> BTS Mo Chit to Nana option will be a grind although cheap, bus is 30 baht and 42 baht for BTS to Nana.

As milhouse said, you can forgo the taxi queue (and airport taxi surcharge) easily by going up to the departure level and grabbing a taxi just after his passenger has got out and he's put his red light on again.

At 3:30 pm, you would stall some in rush hour so maybe the cheapo bus to the BTS is OK unless you've got a lot of luggage. It certainly would be cheaper by maybe 200B than the taxi and might be considerably faster too if you're coming in on a weekday unless you've got more than you want to carry.

Edited by DeepnHard

Taken the other way, Nana to Don Muang.

From Nana the BTS to Mochit, from there with the Taxi to Don Muang.

No rush hour (45min) and cheaper (max. 150B), but little more sweat.

Thanks guys, I'll check out the taxi's. Good tip to go to the departure area to avoid the queue.

that works also at suvarnabhumi, even is sometime MIB enfices the "no pick up zone"

Once my driver got pulled out and fined.

I use that only if line at arrival is unbearable. Have to say that with the new system it is rather pretty quick.

If you are traveling to Don Mueng via the BTS when you get off the train head left out of the station and you can grab the A-1 bus from street level near a specially marked blue sign saying airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The good thing is with the bus it turns onto the expressway not long after Ladprao intersection, but the traffic at said intersection can get locked up. Once your clear and up onto the expressway, about 15 minutes to Don Muang.

that works also at suvarnabhumi

From Suvarnabhumi you avoid taxis and traffic altogether and take the uber cheap and fast train from the airport to Phaya Thai BTS station, and another 15 minutes on the BTS to Nana stop. (It would be a hassle of course with tons of luggage).

From Suvarnabhumi you avoid taxis and traffic altogether and take the uber cheap and fast train from the airport to Phaya Thai BTS station, and another 15 minutes on the BTS to Nana stop. (It would be a hassle of course with tons of luggage).

i always travel with suitcase, I hate commuting on public transport, engsging with stairs etc.

If taxi takes +20' because of traffic, let it be it. Happened a couple of times in tens of visits,

I do a mix. Sometimes BKK is paralyzed. Sometimes I've gotten out of a BKK cab stuck for 20 minutes in traffic and walked the rest of the way. (not with a suitcase though. I'm still a 70 yo backpecker). Being a born cheapskate (um, "Thoreau disciple") helps.

One thing, if you've lived here long enough you know the best ways of getting around at different times a day. A lot of times I'll take the very funky canal boats, the absolute quickest (and cheapest at 12 baht) way to get from Banglampoo (home) to Nana. Other times it's taxi or river boat (Chao Praya river) or even motorbikes, the drivers who are oblivious to traffic jams (wear your helmet and knee pads :) ). The only form of transportation here I almost never take are songtaows (ripoffs, usually rude, and out to screw touristos).

I get away with much of this because I'm retired and live there, and carry a backpack at the very most (but usually just a bellybag).

Edited by DeepnHard

I have found Uber has worked well to and from DM and around town, less hassle than getting a taxi who uses Meters, cleaner cars and in most cases cheaper.

I tried to download a taxi app for Chiang mai and it failed to install. Reason: incompatible with my device.

my device? Google nexus 5x with Android 7.1.2

Must be too new

>> (not with a suitcase though. I'm still a 70 yo backpecker)

At least you are not one of the 'beg-packers' we hear so much about these days. 555

Hi Guys,

I'ts almost time for my first trip to LOS. I was wondering what the best mode of transport from Don Muang airport to Nana would be (my hotel is near nana plaza).

Would you recommend a taxi straight to the hotel, or to take the bus to Mor Chit and continue on BTS to Nana BTS station? My flight arrives at Don Muang around 15:30.

As it's your first trip just take a cab, best from the regulated cab line so you don't have to negotiate. Ask the driver to get on the highway (100 b toll). Arriving at 15:30 you'll be exiting about an hr. later when the highway's busy, but not impossible, while underneath it's a crawl.

>> (not with a suitcase though. I'm still a 70 yo backpecker)

At least you are not one of the 'beg-packers' we hear so much about these days. 555

("That man is richest whose pleasures are cheapest" -- Thoreau never made it on the LB scene.)

But I'm just a "beg-pecker" going around bars begging gurls to fuck me.

Edited by DeepnHard

I tried to download a taxi app for Chiang mai and it failed to install. Reason: incompatible with my device.

my device? Google nexus 5x with Android 7.1.2

Must be too new

I'm at 4.4.2 and happy as a clam. :)

Edited by DeepnHard

Word of warning, Don Muaeng immigration queues are horrendously long these days, anticipate an extra 1-2 hours queuing after the plane lands. On the bright side, you won't really hit any rush hour traffic until into the city as you're going against the flow

Sent from my DUK-L09 using Tapatalk

Word of warning, Don Muaeng immigration queues are horrendously long these days, anticipate an extra 1-2 hours queuing after the plane lands. On the bright side, you won't really hit any rush hour traffic until into the city as you're going against the flow

Any fast track services similar to those at BKK available?

Any fast track services similar to those at BKK available?

Apec/diplomats, parents with infants and elderly have a fast lane. Not sure about Thai Privilege card as I don't have one.

Apec/diplomats, parents with infants and elderly have a fast lane. Not sure about Thai Privilege card as I don't have one.

Elderly? I might qualify!!