mikel

Hotel prices

Daydreaming and looking at hotels for next month. Recently read a 'travel expert' in a Sunday supplement give the advice that we should always check the hotel site for best deals...hotel overlooking Chao Praya (jacuzzi suite) $423 theough them $234 via agoda. Beware of experts.

Edited by mikel

I always find it's best to check multiple site for air fares and hotels. One thing I've done in the past is emailed the hotel directly to see if they will give me a lower rate. This works well if you're a regular guest.

HR

i pretty much do the same as Davvid these days . Check offers online then email the hotel directly with my requirements . Most times they give me a nice deal , but sometimes a few emails bounced befote final deal struck :) .. I don't worry about emailing for one or two nights though , just longer stays .

i pretty much do the same as Davvid these days . Check offers online then email the hotel directly with my requirements . Most times they give me a nice deal , but sometimes a few emails bounced befote final deal struck :) .. I don't worry about emailing for one or two nights though , just longer stays .

Yeah I'm looking at 2 nights so that kind of saving without the hassle is fine.

1+ to looking around then call direct.

My best trick at the moment is cashing in Airmiles - seems to be one of the better returns on using Avios miles for now

I found that as well. Booked two nights five star and kept cash for fun.

Ive stayed in its sister hotel, the Rosita a few times. The Rosita was nice and convenient if you like to be near the clubbing. Its kind of old and traditional inside.

Ive stayed in its sister hotel, the Rosita a few times. The Rosita was nice and convenient if you like to be near the clubbing. Its kind of old and traditional inside.

Good post, except not sure which hotel is Rositas sister. You get a pass on your first post. To eliminate confusion, when replying to a post, use the quote button. Cheers!