shaunpalmer

Dynasty Grande Hotel Soi 6

2 hours ago, nikki666 said:

Been staying here for past week. building 1 , closest to front desk/Soi 6 is being renovated.  Very light construction noise during the day.

Looks like they are almost finished. Some rooms on upper floor already have beds and curtains. Now installing lights on balconies. 

Still need to tile the balcony floors. Should be done by end of October... maybe.

I always liked this hotel...  enjoyed my stay....

IMG_20181008_093856.jpg

thanks for the post - I've always like the DG.  very convenient and clean and the staff are very good from the experiences I have had.  quick check in, clean, nice rooms, gym and pool.  

18 hours ago, waterplay said:

thanks for the post - I've always like the DG.  very convenient and clean and the staff are very good from the experiences I have had.  quick check in, clean, nice rooms, gym and pool.  

Agree... and now I see they have a couple ladyboys working front desk.  

On 10/9/2018 at 2:51 PM, scot56 said:

Always like staying here when in bkk. Any reviews of the refurbished rooms, when they are opened, would be appreciated.

I would also be very interested in what they are doing there - I like to stay in the grand suites in that same first building and I hope they are not going to fuck them up, i.e. by making them smaller; I've stayed in this place for years and love it - the staff are always helpful, the rooms clean, spacious and quiet and very well-equipped, and the hotel is in a discrete location yet so close to the action. I also like the fact that there are basically three ways to access the place on foot - via Soi 6 from Soi Nana or from Sukhomvit, and also through the "alley" to Soi 8; if I pick up a freelancer on Sukhomvit, it is a quiet walk up Soi 6 rather than having to navigate all of the hustle and bustle on Soi Nana. Also, if you are coming and going to other locations, the hotel will keep some of your belongings for you  - good to know if you are flying the budget airlines that charge for excess baggage. If you are coming by car, you can get dropped off right in the hotel yard which sure beats getting let out on the side of a busy road.

And yes, it ain't the cheapest in the area but I don't mind spoiling myself once in a while, especially after a couple of months in Pattaya...

Very in depth report on DG , since I have stayed here many times , a few comments/critiques of your review.

19 hours ago, Thanks said:

Check in took long because I had to fill out the complete registration form by hand although I had done the booking on the hotel's own website.

In the past I simply signed their card and presented the credit card I used to pay for room along with my passport.

No one attending the pool area to serve drinks (well, you can make a call from a courtesy phone by the pool entrance and order beverages and food but WTF.

I think their system works fine , pick up the phone and order. A copy of the menu is there for you.... I have seen a lot of folks eating and drinking by the pool.

You only get 1 keycard. Every time you leave the room, the a/c will go out.

Did you bother to ask for another card ? 

The ironing board that I had gotten from reception upon arrival was removed from the room after 3 or 4 days. WTF? Don't they have enough of them in a supposedly 4 star hotel?

Never realized a hotel's star rating included availability of an ironing board..... many guys who come to Thailand wear comfortable clothes that do not require ironing.

Elderly housekeeping maid was standing by the desk and checked (with her eyes only though) what stuff I had laying there. That "OMG, yes I am guilty" look she gave me when she saw me entering the room was priceless!

Unwarranted accusation.... you should be ashamed of yourself.

it has no hotel bar.

Perhaps no actual " bar "  , but the attached restaurant does sell drinks and the tables outside are nice , but Soi 6 is quiet so not great for people watching.

The other day I peeked into the Arabitia coffee shop next to the 7/11 

Excellent coffee.... limited food.

Yea am with ya nikki666, a good review but a few things op picked up on I havent had trouble with.

When I goto any hotel and check in I either have with me, the actual booking printed out as proof or my phone ready with the hotel booking app open with the details.

Quick flash of i.d then done.

Also never used an ironing board or a trouser press in a hotel. 

Just outside this hotel behind the 7-11 is a good laundry shop which I have used so why the need to iron your own clothes? 

Drop off items one afternoon,next day pick em up all clean and ironed for a low cost, easy.

The key card you can ask for another and sometimes wedge a another card in and that will by pass the system to keep the A/C running.

The cafe downstairs I think is good, had a few meals there myself.And if you want a drink well...... like there aint nothing close? 555

As for the decor its fine with me, long as a hotel is clean,fresh looking and smelling its good enough for me. 

A few musts I like to have is a kettle, couple of glasses and a decent size fridge. 

Just a shame the prices have gone up at the Dynasty as it put me off last time I was in town. I aint no cheap charlie but it was just that bit much for me.

6 hours ago, Knobby said:

Just outside this hotel behind the 7-11 is a good laundry shop which I have used so why the need to iron your own clothes? 

They will actually deliver your clothes to the DG and you can pick them up at the front desk.... for the truly lazy....55555

Stayed here for 2 weeks from Dec 8 till 21. Location wise, really good, which was my prime requirement, since I was also on clock with my US office hours. I also needed smoking room with balcony. Didn't find any problems with bathroom/house keeping/checkin.

For guests, they always collect ID. I had made sure that at the time of booking, mentions 2 adults in the reservation site. They did not ask for any joiner fees, though that changed one time when i bought 2 ladyboys over. They asked for 500 baht extra if i recall correctly.

Beds are decent. You can sleep sideways if you want to.

They have 2 buildings and hence you need to ask your guest to take a second bank of elevator if you are staying in the smoking section. 

Didn't see any family type guest over there.

Somebody mentioned 2 key cards, i had no problem with that, since i needed to have my work computer on all the time, even when i step out.

In house laundry was good. Dropped in the afternoon and still got it next day morning.

Hailing a cab is also breeze, since you need to just walk 50 meters and you are on Soi 4. And a decent 7/11, open 24 hours, right at that intersection.

Swimming pool was mostly empty. Saw one or two guys cooling themselves mostly.

View - there is nothing to talk about.

Got a response back from DG reservation department:

“We are sorry for the late response.

Please be advised that we do not have buffet in the restaurant and breakfast is in a la carte.

Regards,
Reservation Department.”

On 1/9/2019 at 2:54 PM, mangatanga said:

How's the breakfast spread at DG? Is it buffet style? Is it worth getting it?

The downstairs restaurant that has street side seating is good for coffee. There is no breakfast spread.

I used to walk into next door Citrus and pay 250 baht. Decent spread at Citrus

16 hours ago, minmdusa said:

I used to walk into next door Citrus and pay 250 baht. Decent spread at Citrus

I also went to the neighboring Citrus Suites hotel for breakfast because I prefer buffet spreads over "a-la-carte" as I like sampling different items. Also, buffets usually are less expensive than eating a-la-carte from the menu, particularly when you want your brekkie to be a substitute for your lunch.

The neighboring Citrus Suites hotel offers its above average breakfast buffet, as you've correctly stated already, for 250 Baht to non-hotel guests which is a steal IMO. 

They have a good variety there, from cold cuts, fruits, pastry, grilled tomatoes to excellent hot and spicy Asian items. They also have an egg station. The beverages you get are from coffee and juice machines. As long as they have enough space for their own hotel guests, you should be able to get a table if you're staying at the Dynasty Grande or at the Phachara Suites.

Official closing time is 10:30 am by the way.

I also went to the neighboring Citrus Suites hotel for breakfast because I prefer buffet spreads over "a-la-carte" as I like sampling different items. Also, buffets usually are less expensive than eating a-la-carte from the menu, particularly when you want your brekkie to be a substitute for your lunch.

The neighboring Citrus Suites hotel offers its above average breakfast buffet, as you've correctly stated already, for 250 Baht to non-hotel guests which is a steal IMO. 

They have a good variety there, from cold cuts, fruits, pastry, grilled tomatoes to excellent hot and spicy Asian items. They also have an egg station. The beverages you get are from coffee and juice machines. As long as they have enough space for their own hotel guests, you should be able to get a table if you're staying at the Dynasty Grande or at the Phachara Suites.

Official closing time is 10:30 am by the way.

Thx Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the official word on brining a third guest to DG:

Greetings from Dynasty Grande Hotel.

The hotel allows 1 sharing person to register with you upon check-in as a registered guest without additional charge. Maximum occupancy is 2 persons.
If anytime there are 3 persons in the room (you and 2 guests) a 500 THB extra person fee will be charged for the 3rd person and onwards per person and each time even your guest will not stay overnight.
Unregistered guest must leave his/her identification card or passport for any security purpose of guest and the hotel at the reception. Unregistered guest must be at least 20 year old, otherwise we will not allow your guest to enter.

Regards,

Reservation Department

Looking at their website for booking bedrooms over June and July. Nearly half the price compared to booking thru sites like Booking.com. Around 1600 baht per night for a grand delux room. Don’t think I seen such a difference before. 

stayed march and april this year. rear tower noisy and dirty. $80 aud. coffee downstairs 250 baht bout $11aud whoaa........

booked again august and sept this year but beware............