duke007

Arab Countries suspending Flights to Qatar

Emirates and Etihad suspend flights to THIS country - how your flight could be affected EMIRATES and Etihad Airways have both suspended flights to Doha, as Middle Eastern nations sever diplomatic ties with Qatar.

The Middle Eastern airlines have announced the unprecedented suspension of flight services to Doha, the capital of Qatar.

Etihad and Emirates will continue a normal schedule today but as of tomorrow morning, there will be no more flights to or from the nation.

Qatar’s Doha is a well known connection point for long-haul flights from the UK.

The country’s national airline, Qatar Airways, has yet to reveal how it will operate based on the suspension.

An Etihad Airways spokesman said the Abu Dhabi airline will “suspend flights to and from Qatar on Tuesday morning…until further notice”.

The last flight from Abu Dhabi to Doha will depart at 02:45 local time on Tuesday.

Dubai-based Emirates announced its own suspension plan on its website this morning.

The significant decision comes in the wake of several Middle Eastern nations severing diplomatic ties with Qatar.

Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the UAE have all cut ties this morning with the peninsular nation.

They have collectively accused Qatar of supporting Islamist groups and the terrorist movement.

Qatar officials have argued there is “no legitimate justification" for the four countries cutting it off.

Land, sea and air contact with the Gulf state has been severed, with Bahrain blaming Qatar’s “media incitement, support for armed terrorist activities and funding linked to Iranian groups to carry out sabotage and spreading chaos in Bahrain”.

A close ally of Saudi Arabia, Bahrain is giving Qatar’s citizens 14 days to leave the country.

In contrast Bahrain and Emirates diplomats have been given only 48 hours to leave Qatar.

Egypt has cut ties after accusing the Gulf Arab state of supporting “terrorist” organisations including the Muslim Brotherhood, the country's state news agency reported.

The agency added that Qatar's policy “threatens Arab national security and sows the seeds of strife and division within Arab societies according to a deliberate plan aimed at the unity and interests of the Arab nation.”

Saudi Arabia said Qatari troops would be pulled from its continuing war in Yemen.

Sounds like the next move for Saudi Arabia, Egypt, et.al will be to prohibit Qatar airways from using the airspace above their countries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-05/qatar-airways-to-be-biggest-victim-in-gulf-diplomatic-breakdown

FWIW, business class airfares from the US on Turkish Airways are dirt cheap these days because of Istanbul terrorism and Turkey's international image problem.

Maybe Qatar will be drastically slashing fares as well. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Maybe Qatar will be drastically slashing fares as well. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I do prefer Emirates (all 4 legs on A380 from UK to BKK and back) because of the legroom (81 cms) and ICE entertainment system but have used Qatar for the last two trips, with the prices at £330 & £400 respectively I could not really refuse :), the flights were great plus Doha airport imho is better than Dubai for transit and connecting flights.

I nearly booked again with Qatar last week for £373 but am waiting for the EPL fixtures to come out on June 14th and then I will book my November trip, it could be looking like Emirates or Cathay Pacific now :huh:

Sounds like the next move for Saudi Arabia, Egypt, et.al will be to prohibit Qatar airways from using the airspace above their countries.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-05/qatar-airways-to-be-biggest-victim-in-gulf-diplomatic-breakdown

FWIW, business class airfares from the US on Turkish Airways are dirt cheap these days because of Istanbul terrorism and Turkey's international image problem.

Don't know how the business class prices are, but my economy flight from Germany cost me under 400€.

It doesn't get cheaper.

Ironic with Saudi Arabia alleging Quatar "supporting terrorists" (which I know nothing about either way) since all the 9/11 bombers came from Saudi Arabia, and it and Pakistan are the most fundamentalist Arab states in the world and ironically the only two that the US gives unconditional support. Moderate Muslim states like Iraq on the other hand are at risk of being bombed out of existence.

Ironic with Saudi Arabia alleging Quatar "supporting terrorists" (which I know nothing about either way) since all the 9/11 bombers came from Saudi Arabia, and it and Pakistan are the most fundamentalist Arab states in the world and ironically the only two that the US gives unconditional support. Moderate Muslim states like Iraq on the other hand are at risk of being bombed out of existence.

I think you meant "muslim states", not "arab states". Pakistanis are not arabs. Agree that traditionally Iraqi muslims were less fundamental, but ISIS and AQAP are violently fundamental. And they are the bombers (IED, etc) and bombees now. But enough politics--let's talk LBitics!! Cheers D&H.

In an announcement made this morning, Qatari authorities revealed that all GCC nationals, with the exception of Qataris, Kuwaitis and Omanis, would be henceforth banned from entering London’s upmarket department store, Harrods. Source

Serious shit...

In an announcement made this morning, Qatari authorities revealed that all GCC nationals, with the exception of Qataris, Kuwaitis and Omanis, would be henceforth banned from entering London’s upmarket department store, Harrods. Source

Serious shit...

That Source was over 3 years ago :lol:

Edited by duke007

CNN reported US authorities(FBI contingent) are investigating in Qatar the alleged Russian hacking of the official Qatar news agency and the planting of the false story ("Qatar shifting to support Iran and Israel") that gave rise to this crisis.

On CNN, US senator said that this hack destabilized the whole region for less than the cost of a single MIG.

Trump didn't help either: he took credit for prompting the Saudis, et al, into action.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/russian-hackers-planted-fake-news-qatar-crisis/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/06/world/middleeast/trump-qatar-saudi-arabia.html

Considering the King Hacker Asange has been hold up in their london embassy , i would be surprised if they aren't @ the forefront of information .

Assange is trapped in Ecuador's embassy in London. Still no way for him to him leave either, just like Qatar Airways flight paths out of Qatar LOL.

That Source was over 3 years ago :lol:

Sorry, senior moment...

Do not look for an early resolution. Tillerson goes one way...the Wild Man the other.

""On Friday afternoon, Mr. Tillerson called for a “calm and thoughtful dialogue” to resolve the deepening dispute among Sunni Muslim states in the Persian Gulf. Barely an hour later, Mr. Trump’s comments were anything but that. He accused Qatar of being a “funder of terror at a very high level” and demanded that the tiny, energy-rich nation cut off that money flow to rejoin the circle of responsible nations."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/09/world/middleeast/rex-tillerson-calls-for-calm-in-middle-east-standoff-with-qatar.html

Assange is trapped in Ecuador's embassy in London. Still no way for him to him leave either, just like Qatar Airways flight paths out of Qatar LOL.

Poor guy can't even go see a doctor without signing himself out for assassination or a lifetime in jail.

Dang, those Qatari LBs were hot. Slim lines, big boobs, bubbly Arab butts. Guess I'll have to start traveling to Riyadh and Muscat instead.

Lol...

Sent from my SM-G928C using Tapatalk

Yay YAY!!!

There's a way for him to leave - in a trunk of a car that they know won't be checked - and then a five hour flight on a private aircraft, to Moscow! Putin will gladly protect and sponsor him!

There's a way for him to leave - in a trunk of a car that they know won't be checked - and then a five hour flight on a private aircraft, to Moscow! Putin will gladly protect and sponsor him!

Amazing how much trouble one can get into for telling the truth . Australia have done zero to help him & yet will spend money helping drug trafficers . Disgraceful & dumb .

This is just the emerging 'new world order' that has slowly been evolving since the American empire peaked and started to decline in the 1970s or so. It is what it is.......

The good news is: You will still be able to fly to Thigh-land and hook up with ladyboys for years to come.