Sign in to follow this  
killacam91

Hotel with best Internet/Wifi (near Nana Plaza)

Hey fellas, thanks for all the wonderful info you post on here. Can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to my first trip to paradise. In two weeks time, I’ll be in BKK live in the flesh and partaking in all the city has to offer. October 9th - 16th.

Unfortunately I can never quite escape work. Even on vacation and +11 hours ahead, I still have commitments I must meet. I’ll also have to attend a couple live meetings remotely and will be logged in to my work’s vpn server. Hence I need very good and dependable internet connection. I’m leaning towards the JW Marriott since I have rewards status and get the complimentary high speed tier internet. The Marriott seems relatively expensive compared to other hotels in the area even with my corporate rate so I'll be disappointed if the internet isn't up to par. Based on your visits, which hotel (near all the action) offers the best and most dependable internet connection. I will bring my ethernet cable along so either a good wired/wifi connection will work for me.

Thanks in advance

4g is rocket fast these days. I get faster speeds on that than my home connection. You need to sort out large data plan though. I get 12gb month on mine. I'd use that and book cheaper hotel.

I'm in a similar work situation and been an 8 year JW regular for similar reasons.

Only tip would be that if you need a reliable biz connection, then take a LAN cable, as WiFI can be iffy ;)

4g is rocket fast these days. I get faster speeds on that than my home connection. You need to sort out large data plan though. I get 12gb month on mine. I'd use that and book cheaper hotel.

Thanks. Was hoping to avoid getting a sim card and data plan since I'm only there going for a week. How much does 12gb usually go for and what phone company do you use?

I'm in a similar work situation and been an 8 year JW regular for similar reasons.

Only tip would be that if you need a reliable biz connection, then take a LAN cable, as WiFI can be iffy ;)

Thanks. Definitely bringing the LAN cable. Sounds like JW is what it's gonna be. I was hoping to save a bit on the hotel and use the money but this hotel looks the best for amenities

I use AIS and I pay about 900b month for my plan. But they'd have no idea how long you will be using it as it's pre-paid service. They'll load up the 12 gb from day 1. Should last you a week or so even with heavy use. I can't say enough good things about this latest 4G revolution in Thailand. Much more stable as well than my home service. 25mg download speed is normal and 5mg upload. The only downer is the limit on data, hence writing this on my laptop using my home connection. I use the AIS service with a new Samsung J7 and it all works perfectly even when USB toggling onto my laptop.

Maybe try it when you're here and keep it in mind for next time you're over and you can save on the hotel bill.

Thanks. Was hoping to avoid getting a sim card and data plan since I'm only there going for a week. How much does 12gb usually go for and what phone company do you use?

Thanks. Definitely bringing the LAN cable. Sounds like JW is what it's gonna be. I was hoping to save a bit on the hotel and use the money but this hotel looks the best for amenities

I fully agree with you :D

Chaos9 June 2015.JPG