mikel

Pattaya Hotel recommendation

I'll be spending 4 nights in Pattaya next month and after looking at agoda reviews and searching the sister forum I have several thousand possibilities! So I'll fall back on the the trusted experts of this den of iniquity. Previous visit was two nights so I still know next to nothing of the city's layout. Seeking a hotel with pool, gym, breakfast, central, in room safe, decent bathroom. Price 1750b. All info gratefully received.

I stay at Page 10 Hotel on Soi 10. It's about the closest thing there is to a centrally located hotel. 69 Bar is 5 minute stroll away. Sensations is about 12-15 minutes away (it's better to take a scooter taxi there). LaBamba and The House are 10 minutes away by baht bus. Soi 6 same same. Central Festival Mall is 5 minutes away on foot. You will kill a lot of time in the mall during the daytime because there is nothing else to do in Pattaya during daylight hours.

The room décor is sort of a Scandinavian minimalist theme that looks like it's straight from the 1960's, but the hotel is only a few years old. They are comfortable and have large bathrooms with jetted tubs. On the roof is a nice pool with bar service, also a gym up there but it's small. The breakfast is basic - similar to what Phachara in BKK offers if you have ever stayed there. However, for lunch and dinner it's very good. Room service is speedy and the lobby bar is relaxing. The rooms do have balconies. Across the soi is a beer bar that plays Issan music until the wee hours, so ask for a high floor room.

Several ladyboys work at this hotel. There is always at least one (and sometimes 2) LBs running the front desk, and there are 2 or 3 more working in the restaurant. The restaurant manager is a middle aged LB. I know that at least one of the front desk girls moonlights P4P, but you have to meet her off premises.

http://page10hotel.com

If you email them, they may quote you a better price than what their own website or hotel reservation websites quote.

I have stayed at April suites over half a dozen times. A nice boutique hotel with a rooftop pool and excellent VFM. It's just of second road and Pattaya Klang. Good location for a stroll to soi 6 and not too far from Soi Buakhao, even shorter if you cut through August suites. Big plus coming back on baht bus you get off right near the hotel

Season 5 hotel soi 5 The best roof top pool, so far as I've stayed. New hotel just around the corner from soi 6

@Mind just off second road and soi 6 massive pool it's not on the roof but ground level best 1 bed room suites ive stayed.

Areca lodge central location great swimming pool in evergreen wing this is used for the volleyball event (watched some from my balcony four years back)

Personally trying Adelphi suites this trip.. Just down the road from Sensations and Jollys restaurant

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Thanks guys - these suggestions match my shortlist so I know I'm on the right track. Might come down to best price on agoda friday specials or drawing straws. Thanks again.

spot on.

I have stayed at April suites over half a dozen times. A nice boutique hotel with a rooftop pool and excellent VFM. It's just of second road and Pattaya Klang. Good location for a stroll to soi 6 and not too far from Soi Buakhao, even shorter if you cut through August suites. Big plus coming back on baht bus you get off right near the hotel

my hotel of choice for several years, i wish all hotels functioned like this one. has a lot to do with all the Filipino staff that work the front of the house. good communication, a real desire to please, and NOBODY will look at you sideways for your mongering habits.

i once had three LBs parade through the lobby consecutively over the course of an afternoon and evening. all were stopped at reception, treated respectfully while providing their ID, and when they all left i got a polite call from the front desk asking me if it was ok for them to leave.

the mattresses are excellent, the linen soft and smooth, good 3/4 size frig in the rooms, and all the bigger rooms have good sofas and a decent sized work desk, too, if needed. for smokers, every room has a small balcony with a table and chair.

maid service is top drawer, the hotel is immaculate, bathrooms are in perfect working order, WiFi kicks ass, the sauna, gym and pool on the roof are well maintained and get very little use so never too busy, motorcycle rental in the shop across the soi is good too.

room service is good and comes from the sister hotel August Suites next door.

can walk to Pattaya Klang in 3 minutes where there are 24/7 restaurants and services.

EVERY GIRL I EVER CALLED KNEW THE HOTEL'S LOCATION. not far from the bus station.

if you like to use the pool request the 5th or 6th floor when booking (i use Agoda) and you will not need the lift when coming and going to the pool area.

after my third visit they were upgrading me when they could.

ps - the roof is great for watching fireworks when they have them at the beach.

Edited by bkkladyboy