HilbertSpace

Short term Condo

Last year I stayed 1 month at My View Apartment, at the end of Soi 4. It's exactly 1 km from Sukhumvit. If you mind walking there is a motorbyke station 100 meters from the condo. The condo is small, only 6 apartments for renting, well mantained, with a small garden and a pool, very quiet and clean. Guest friendly of course. The owners are Thais, the whole family speaks good english, they live there themselves and they do all they can to help. Wi fi is free and at good speed. There is a cleaning service twice a week and you can ask for more towels or everything you should need. There is a living room with kitchen, 1 bedroom, a bathroom with shower and a balcony. 2 air cons, safe, fridge and microwave. With rent, electricity and several laundry services, I paid around 30.000 Bath.

mappa soi nana.jpg

P8290200.JPG

P8290203.JPG

P8290213.JPG

P8290214.JPG

P8290211.JPG

Edited by carbonara69

look on https://www.airbnb.com/

joining is free and they have so many listings you will be hard pressed to choose only 1.

i forgot to also say that one perk of this site i really enjoy is the third party billing and guarantee. it takes a lot of the worry out of renting in a foreign land.

look on https://www.airbnb.com/

joining is free and they have so many listings you will be hard pressed to choose only 1.

airbnb is the first place i'd look. you can also check out craigslist and this FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1448963955379462/. You should be able to find a sublet easily for 14,000 to 20,000 baht on a BTS or MRT line. The On Nut area is a good place to look.

Edited by crazycloud

If you want to stay close to the action you should also check out hotels like Aspen Suites or Shama, both on Soi 2, and Phachara Suites on Soi 6. All three are "serviced apartments" & have all the amenities you would need (full size fridge, stove, pots & pans, flatware, utensils, washer/dryer, etc...), and all offer a monthly rate. You should contact the hotels directly via email or phone (found on their website) to get the best rate.

Thanx Guys for these infos

I wrote an e-mail to each of those places suggested by Staple. Aspen was the cheapest but no balcony (that's important for me as i intent to stay 2 months), Shama costs most, So Im gona go for Phashara Suited, The rooms cost from 50 000/month and with balcony and just one stone throw from Mecca (Nana) That is very important !!!

Cheers Guys

Great choice. Phachara has a good kitchen & washer/dryer. I just booked there for my stay in April. A little more advice, some of the balconies in Phachara have air conditioning condenser units on them & they are loud & blow out hot air, making the balcony all but useless. Make sure you request a unit with a clear balcony. Also, I wouldn't pay any extra for the breakfast as it's shit. Enjoy your stay!

50 000 baht/month

I guess I have to recant my post in another thread where I said locals tell me Chiang Mai isn't cheap anymore. Compared to BKK CM is a cheap charlie heaven.

$60aud per night is ok for a holiday. Not so hot when you live there I guess.

definitely not. I am almost certain to move back and I'm going to rent a one bedroom condo in ratchada area for 11000 baht a month. Given there's no housekeeping and it doesn't include utilities but couldn't see myself spending this much on a room.

I agree with you.

It's possible to find lot cheaper than that.

We are completely different.

I use to stay in Majestic grande and Landmark, although i know there are many hotels lot cheaper in the area. I don't like them...

Last week in november i paid 33000 for for 8 nights in Landmark and about 40000 in MG for 12 days in Xmas. I like the confort, not just a room. thats why.....

I'm with you. If & when I move to BKK I'll be looking for something more reasonable, but I assume your like me and you want not only comfort, but location. Phachara a great choice & 50,000 a month seems right to me.

... I like the confort, not just a room. thats why.....

some folks would try to tell you that comfort is overrated :P

Can't beat a bit of comfort. One of the reasons I have stayed at @Mind in Sukhumvit soi 85 in their one bedroom suites. Unfortunately they have been fully booked in the one bedroom suites the last two trips. So I stayed at the new Citrus in soi 11 the second time in a biger room. But still missed the comfort of the one bedroom suite.

Here is my post on the hotel that I did when staying there

@Mind Executive Suites Sukhumvit Soi 85

I have already posted the pictures above a couple of posts earlier the day I arrived. I had meant to do a report on the hotel there and then but with one thing another (drink & LBS mostly) I could not get it done.

Here is a brief outline. After arriving at 9.30 at the airport and I had not made an early room booking. I decided to take the airport link train and change at Phaya Thai BTS to the hotel in On Nut soi 85 It takes about 5 to 8 minutes walk from On Nut BTS to the hotel that is just inside soi 85

To my surprise I could check in to my 1 bed room suite straight away. First thing I noticed was how new things were and how clean it was. The rooms are of good design with a dining table for two at the far end of the room from the balcony Sofa (can be made in to a spare bed) and table with a flat screen tv & dvd player. Kitchen as everything you need including coffee, tea sugar and a kettle. Plus a microwave too. Its as a large refrigerator not a mini bar

There is a balcony with a sink to wash shorts etc after swimming or you can use the balcony to smoke if that's your thing.

Wifi was excellent in both bedroom and lounge room

"two flat screen tv's in one in bedroom and one in Lounge room. The same with Air con which was nice as you could leave lounge on low for breakfast in the morning. Rather than have to wait 10 - 15 minutes for it to cool. I was given two key cards and kept one in the key slot to keep the rooms at a low cool temp.

Bathroom as shower with a rain shower above.

LB friendly as I brought two back on my first night and one back each night after that for the five nights I stayed there.

Location. Well it's pretty far from Nana to walk but 15 mins BTS 37 baht and 70 to 80 baht coming back in a taxi

ROOM AMENITIES

WiFi internet access

Private Balcony

LED TV with satellite channels & DVD player

Microwave oven

Refrigerator

Private deposit box

Individual air conditioning adjustment

In room coffee and tea making facilities

Bathroom with toiletries

Pantry

SAFETY FEATURES

Electronic door locks

Door latch

Fire escape plan

In-room electronic safe

Smoke detector

jacuzzi, fitness room and sauna (Open hour:06.00 21.00 hrs.).

Room Service

Business Counter Service : Computer,Photocopying, Scanner,

Facimile, IDD Telephone, E-mail

Shuttle bus service *

24 Hours reception

WiFi internet access

Elevator

Parking space provided - 24 hours service

Security guard 24 hours.

Modern fire safety including heat & smoke detectors

Closed-circuit TV surveillance.

Integrated fired alarm installed smoke detector.

Laundry Service

Swimming Pool

Fitness room Located on top floor, operating hours 6.00 21.00 hrs.

Sauna room

Hotel telephone system :Please refer to hotel telephone directory, please contact operator for any assistance.

International calls/ Local calls

Reception desk:For check-out arrangements

Safety deposit box : Guests are requested to use the complimentary in-room private electronic safe located in thewardrobe. The hotel is not responsible for any loss of money or valuables. Instructions are provided in the room.

Limousine service :Upon request

Pets:Pets are not allowed in the hotel.

Wake-up call service

Wheelchair

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

From On Nut to Nana on BTS 9 minutes 24 seconds stepping on and off. I timed after Mardhi asked how long. Getting back is easy in a taxi in the early hours of the morning as its a straight run back.

If it's definitely Nana you want to stay you could try I check Inn on soi 2 with a little balcony and spacious rooms but they are not one bedroom suites. It's on my hotel reviews as is The Rembrant in soi 18

I've stayed in @Mind four times and recommend the one bedroom option. The gym and pool aren't much but you don't sound like you'd be too bothered. The TescoLotus is next to the Bts for all supplies and the area is a welcome change from Nana.

Some folks are also what they call cheap charlies. I sometimes see one in the morning in my bathroom mirror when I shave. :rolleyes:

Thanx Guys for these infos

I wrote an e-mail to each of those places suggested by Staple. Aspen was the cheapest but no balcony (that's important for me as i intent to stay 2 months), Shama costs most, So Im gona go for Phashara Suited, The rooms cost from 50 000/month and with balcony and just one stone throw from Mecca (Nana) That is very important !!!

Cheers Guys

SheLuver, can I ask you what kind of room\apartment did they quote at 50.000 bath\month?

Studio Executive 50sqm 53000

This is the one im interested in

studio deluxe 45 sqm 48000

The one bedroom delux 60000

the one bedroom executive 65000

Thanks. I got slightly higher rates from them but I inquired for 1 month only in August