mikel

Fatalities

Just read a report that places Thailand as the second most dangerous place in the world for road deaths (Libya being No. 1). 40 deaths per day! These figures maybe lower than actual because the Thai's only count dead at the scene not those who die in hospital. Majority are motor bike riders - no surprise. So stay in your loom under a protective shield of ladyboy flesh and you should survive your trip.

I think I best take two or three ladyboys, just to be on the safe side

Yes take three. Position one at the door, one at the window for security. The other on the bed for fun.

Rotate as necessary.

@mikel I did read the same article the other day. Around two weeks ago I was eating with my LB friend here in CM, and asked her if cars did not have airbags as the death rate seemed high.

What I find even more appalling is that no one pulls over to let an ambulance pass when the ambulance has lights and siren blaring. I would venture to say in the 6 months I have lived here I have seen this 10 times.

Just read a report that places Thailand as the second most dangerous place in the world for road deaths (Libya being No. 1). 40 deaths per day! These figures maybe lower than actual because the Thai's only count dead at the scene not those who die in hospital. Majority are motor bike riders - no surprise. So stay in your loom under a protective shield of ladyboy flesh and you should survive your trip.

I feel safer on the back of a BKK scooter taxi than I do in some of the taxis and car service vehicles that have taken me from BKK to Pattaya.

Some of those guys don't mind cranking it up to 80 or 85 MPH on the highway while weaving thru the traffic. You just hope your driver isn't a meth head.

Edited by oliver17

In a mini bus from Udon Thani to the Lao border crammed in with luggage and passengers I did say my goodbyes as we weaved through the traffic at hair raising speed. Medicinal scotch or two was in order at the hotel!

I feel safer on the back of a BKK scooter taxi than I do in some of the taxis and car service vehicles that have taken me from BKK to Pattaya.

Some of those guys don't mind cranking it up to 80 or 85 MPH on the highway while weaving thru the traffic. You just hope your driver isn't a meth head.

Yeah, the minibuses are another kamikaze lot, and also some private bus companies, especially the ones originating out of Khao San Rd. Some BKK cab drivers drive suicidally too, and you can't find the damned seat belts with these idiots. Like you suggest, I'll bet some are meth heads. Some of these guys do longer shifts than ladyboys!

Edited by DeepnHard

Meth head taxi driver...had that experience once. Coming back at 23:00 in a taxi from Yanhee Hospital. On the expressway the driver was weaving in the lanes, laughing hysterically about the blinding rain. I considered getting out on the expressway, but opted instead to redirect to the original Guess Bar. Enjoyed a 3-sum in the ST room, and then slept calmly that evening!