Sign in to follow this  
Newhalfluv

Ao Nang - Weekly Villa/Apartment Rental Advice...please!

I am seeking info and advice for rentals in Ao Nang. 2 bedrooms, close to the action yet far enough away to get a good night sleep. $100USD a night or less. Planning to stay one week next Feb.

I've never been to Ao Nang so I'm not familiar with the town. If you can help me out please send me a PM or reply to this post.

Thanks in advance...

Action is really restricted in Ao Nang. There is a small bar area and a couple of bars with ladyboys mixed with GGs.

Hôtels are cheaper than in other touristic areas. You can get a good room with AC in Krabit for as low as THB 600.00 and housing (in Krabi ) can cost as low as THB 250.00. (BTW, I'm a little bit off topic since Krabi is about 10 km away from Ao Nang).

If you your budget is as high as US$ 100.00 a night, you should have no problem to find a 2 bedrooms rental.

Gogo bars can be found at Centerpoint and ladyboys were reported in soi RCA (where Amy's bar is located). You will find more information about the place in this page : http://www.krabi-hotels.com/ao-nang/soi-RCA.htm# . You might find hôtels and villas in your usual reservation website. Just be carefull if you click on the last link and look for "10 best pool villas in Krabi". A few of them are really far from Krabi. I also found this link : http://www.villas.com/thailand/krabi/ban-ao-nang.html?aid=387750;label=city--3232620-txmL73CI88ejb13l2JGF8wS54537761047%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t2%3Aneg%3Afi%3Atikwd-66837700409%3Alp1006410%3Ali%3Adec%3Adm;sid=61733a983cb4f7baabd187b61fc54d4d;dcid=4;checkin_monthday=8;checkin_year_month=2016-2;checkout_monthday=15;checkout_year_month=2016-2;class_interval=1;csflt=%7B%7D;dtdisc=0;group_adults=2;group_children=0;hlrd=0;hyb_red=0;inac=0;lang=en-us;nha_red=0;no_rooms=1;offset=0;or_radius=0;pr=50%2C100;pr_cur_code=EUR;redirected_from_city=0;redirected_from_landmark=0;redirected_from_region=0;review_score_group=empty;sb_price_type=total;score_min=0;src=searchresults;ss_all=0;ssb=empty;sshis=0&;lang=en-us#map_closed .

One more advise : the ladyboy scene is really restricted in Ao Nang. It might be advisable to find a ladyboy in Patong and invite her for a long time in Krabi.

As P&G points out there is not really much action and it is very quiet. But with that budget you could probably get a beach front place chalet with all the amenities. I wouldn't recommend booking a full week unless high season and everything might be booked out but 2 or 3 days is enough, if you like it stay longer but you would want to keep the option open to go back to Phuket wherever as it might be too quiet if your trying to do any mongering.

Edited by gilb