Sign in to follow this  
randyandy69

Hua Hin hotel recommendations?

Having only been to hua hin once many years ago but with a trip planned in October with another BM, can anyone recommend me a nice hotel to stay?

criteria are:

Close to town and bars, ie walking distance or a short taxi ride

Close to a nice area of beach.... Actually on it even better

Swimming pool a bonus

Top end budget 5k baht per night ideally

rooms need to be nice too and not too old where you get that musty aircon smell some places.

Oh and obviously hotel staff that won't make an issue of us bringing ladyboys with us ;)

Any advuce appreciated as there are so many places on Agoda I don't know where to start and can't find an easy feature to map location and price.

Last time I went to Hua Hin I stayed here:-

http://www.verandalodge.com/rates.html

The hotel is spitting distance from the Marriott and sort of across the street from the new mall. It is absolute beachfront and sits on probably the best part of Hua Hin beach. No vendors, no people, no donkeys. Just sand, sea. The hotel is small, maybe just 30 rooms and it's family owned. I would assume it is LB friendly, most Thai places are in my experience.

I travelled with a GG so its going back maybe 4 years. We had a deluxe room which is basically a small block of rooms toward but not on the main road and it was about 2,500b night through one of the booking sites, forget which. You are so far down the small lane, you do not hear any traffic noise. Small balcony and no view. Room was very clean but simply kitted out. Nice bathroom, good bed, good linen. No complaints and air con effective.

They have a small pool which is where the garden bungalows are situated. Seafront villas have stunning views. Garden villas have no view. The restaurant/bar is kind cool in the style of a beachfront casual eaterie you'd expect to find on Bondi Beach with large wood windows all opened up and getting the sea breeze (plus the sand) coming through. Service is not to the same style though but the food was good. Great almost and cheap.

I'd go back in a heartbeat just for its position on the quiet beach. It is about 100m walk along the sand to what was the Marriott and now called something else. We often ate in their beachfront steak house which while pricey was also excellent. Just steer clear of wine unless you fancy a heart attack when the bill arrives. You can walk it into town, but its a good 10 minute walk, longer if the lb's are heeled up. At the end of the lane (on main road, about 150m) you can hail a tuk tuk to save your legs.

I researched a lot for that trip and took a punt on this as it was pretty cheap for absolute beachfront. It's not a 'polished' resort, service can be quirky but as I say, I'd stay there again.

I have stayed at the hotel Ibis in Hua Hin a couple of times. It's pretty far from the main area, but very close to the beach and just a stroll down the side road. It has a nice big swimming pool and the rooms are just like any of the other Ibis hotels in Thailand. Built in 2012 I went there twice in 2013 . It's a motorcycle ride to Soi Binabaht where are the main night life area is.

My mate stayed at Bann Nilrath just around the corner from the nightlife area and it looked good but I had already booked Ibis Hotel again after going there with Michelle in March of that year.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

I'm going a little road trip this year with some BMs and our ladies and Hua Hin is one of the places we plan on going for a couple of nights so thanks randandy69 for this thread and thanks guys for the info on places to stay!

I can't wait roll on November! :)