flipflops

Don Muang Airport to Mor Chit BTS

I'm looking for a transit bus or other way to get from Don Muang airport to the Mor Chit BTS.

I know the northern trains from CM have a stop at Don Muang and fairly close to the Transit Center. Are there shuttles or buses that run between the two?

And don't suggest a taxi.

there are mini-vans that stop at don muang on their way to the mo chit bts. you'll have to find your way to the highway and then the bus/van stop. vans will pull over briefly to pick up riders. the destinations are written in thai on signs in the windows. look for the ones that say BTS/MRT. cost should be 20 baht.

Edited by crazycloud

@crazyclod thanks. I knew there had to be something close. Last trip through there I saw a train stopped just across the highway.

Anything to avoid a taxi.

there are mini-vans that stop at don muang on their way to the mo chit bts. you'll have to find your way to the highway and then the bus/van stop. vans will pull over briefly to pick up riders. the destinations are written in thai on signs in the windows. look for the ones that say BTS/MRT. cost should be 20 baht.

Thanks also CC! I take Air Asia flights from Don Muang often. I don't get to Mo Chit from the BTS but by bus (since I live in Banglampoo), but the shuttle info is still relevant.

You can get the train from Don Muang rail station into Hualumpung Station (main terminus in BKK) and then connect to the MRT underground up to Asok. From Asok you are on the main BTS section for Sukhumvit hotels. Will take forever though, but it can be done. Probably worthy of its own mini trip report if you do it.

There are 2 buses (A1 & A2) just outside arrivals, door 6 i think. You will see the sign and timetable. It takes 20/25 minutes to Mo Chit BTS, they use the expressway so avoids traffic. Cost 30bt, 4buses an hour, i would recommend it.

Was on it last Sunday afternoon, it was packed, around 15 people standing. It arrives empty, Q up on the sidewalk and you get on first so get a seat.

I finally got to take this shuttle from the airport to Mo Chit. Excellent. Saturday mid afternoon with 4 people standing and the seats were full. 30B. Pay after you board the bus.

One point to make. The A-1 goes to Mo Chit (and possibly beyong I did not ask) and the A-2 goes to Victory Monument and I'm not sure if A-2 stops at Mo Chit BTS.

From Mo Chit to Nana was 40B.

The return trip to DMK was about the same. Roughly 1 hour from BTS Nana to DMK. Leaving Nana around 11am on a Sunday morning.

The A-1 bus had 4 people on it including myself.

I tried the A1 bus a few weeks ago. Must have been 5pm on a Friday night when I went, waited ages for the bus so it was very busy, jammed into the bus like sardines, traffic was real heavy until it got onto the expressway. Think I'll just stick to a taxi next time.