OneTrueSaxon

Bully's Restaurant on the main Sukhumvit between soi's 4&2

I also use Bully's when in LOS.It is not the cheapest for food and drink but the quality is

excellent.A pitcher of beer with sausage and mash and I'm a happy boy.I didn't expect the sausages to be good but they are like long tasty chipolates and with the cheesy mash and onion gravy were as good as I've had anywhere!I like going there a couple of times of week to read the English papers which they provide for free.Good food,beer, the Sun (newspaper) and ladyboys round the corner what more can an Englishman want when in Bangkok?My annual visit will be in January and I can't wait.

Double decker burger was very filling and great value . Definitely would return here for some pub grub

Your Thai food looks so yum yum. I daren't think of the ladyboys' pics you will post in the members sections. 55555

Double decker burger was very filling and great value . Definitely would return here for some pub grub

Good update and timing. Not been in there since it changed hands. Looks like the burger has improved from that pic.

Good update and timing. Not been in there since it changed hands. Looks like the burger has improved from that pic.

It's worth a try . All I wanted was a bit of fat food before I started on the beers watching the football at 9pm .

Service was alright not slow and the place was bit empty so I got everything done no hassle .

A selfie ?

:lol: :lol: Yes, it looks like one. But not mine.

I also use Bully's when in LOS.It is not the cheapest for food and drink but the quality is

excellent.A pitcher of beer with sausage and mash and I'm a happy boy.I didn't expect the sausages to be good but they are like long tasty chipolates and with the cheesy mash and onion gravy were as good as I've had anywhere!I like going there a couple of times of week to read the English papers which they provide for free.Good food,beer, the Sun (newspaper) and ladyboys round the corner what more can an Englishman want when in Bangkok?My annual visit will be in January and I can't wait.

Had a bangers & mash there yesterday . Very tasty indeed & hit the spot thats for sure .

I also like going to Bully's pub once in a while. Particularly after a walk in the heat it's a great place for a cold beer in an air conditioned room.

Apart from the usual pub grub, they also serve some quite good local Thai dishes, such as Panang curry with beef for 165B. Khao suay (pretty white rice) +35B.

IMG_20190322_150240.jpg

IMG_20190322_150422.jpg

Excellent WiFi signal and some old fashioned paper newspapers are available for free. Of course they have also several large tellies where you can watch soccer.

http://www.bullys-bangkok.com/about_us.php

The outside area of Bully's appears to have become a Thai street food restaurant:

Bully's 3.jpg

Bully's 4.jpg

Bully's 2.jpg

Bully's 1.jpg

Edited by Thanks

1 hour ago, Thanks said:

The outside area of Bully's appears to have become a Thai street food restaurant:

Bully's 3.jpg

Bully's 4.jpg

Bully's 2.jpg

Bully's 1.jpg

I noticed this back in February but it was much later in the evening at around midnight....seemed like a mixed bunch as well, not just girls from the bars.

I always loved Bully's, so I was sad to see it go when Covid hit. 

But just a few weeks ago I was reminiscing about it, and coincidently the very next day I saw an ad on FB saying they've reopened. So of course I had to drop by as soon as I could. The place is much smaller, but looks a more modern, It has a nice bright and clean look to it now. 

However I think the quality of some of my favorite dishes has gone down. I don't know if they have a new chef or what, but the burger is smaller, the chicken curry was bland, stir fried noodles was completely different and nowhere near as good. The only thing that seemed to stay the same were the buffalo wings, still good. 

I went for a bit of a walk last Sunday and was craving a sunday roast lunch. I thought I'd pop into bully's because I heard it wasn't bad. To my surprised they were closed at midday on a Sunday. Guess they're not seeking the "pub lunch" crowd. Obviously not a review, but I thought I'd mention.

For the record I ended up going to Fitzgerald's and it was fantastic.

27 minutes ago, naughtydog-bkk said:

I went for a bit of a walk last Sunday and was craving a sunday roast lunch. I thought I'd pop into bully's because I heard it wasn't bad. To my surprised they were closed at midday on a Sunday. Guess they're not seeking the "pub lunch" crowd. Obviously not a review, but I thought I'd mention.

For the record I ended up going to Fitzgerald's and it was fantastic.

I wonder since it's still early in their reopening if they just haven't got everything ironed out yet. My visit was about 3 days after the reopening. Many things I asked for off the menu they said they didn't have yet. So that was a bit disappointing. I'll go back again at some point later on, maybe give them time to settle in and hope things are better. 

8 hours ago, KendoUK said:

Good choice,  I had the ribs last time I went there.

It was good, didn’t manage to eat it all but nailed most of it. Satay sauce was more nutty than used to but not a complaint.