oliver17

Hotel Guest Policies for Ladyboys

This is amazing. Great research oliver17! Even though I have my own apartment here in BKK, this will be very useful for other BMs and for me when I come back in the future!

Terrific info Oliver! It's also really good to see that so far every hotel is guest friendly and not a single one has replied negatively towards Ladyboys...

I do understand the id requirements for security reasons but sometimes it could get a bit embarrassing due to the situation at that time.

This is amazing. Great research oliver17! Even though I have my own apartment here in BKK, this will be very useful for other BMs and for me when I come back in the future!

what hotel are you working at Davvvid? is that guest friendly ?

davvvid, on 07 May 2015 - 10:18 PM, said:

Any stalkers out there? I know which hotel they are staying at as I'm working at that hotel.

Edited by Harrymonk

what hotel are you working at Davvvid? is that guest friendly ?

5 star hotel along the riverside. Not the best location for mongering but if I'm not wrong it is guest friendly. I work in the F&B department so not 100% sure either.

5 star hotel along the riverside. Not the best location for mongering but if I'm not wrong it is guest friendly. I work in the F&B department so not 100% sure either.

Out of curiosity, I sent an email to the Mandarin Oriental asking what their ladyboy policy is. So far, no response. I probably won't be hearing from them.

@Mind Executive Suites in On Nut Suk soi 85 is definitely. Don't even worry about id. Wrote to Viva Garden Residence Bang Chak and they are guest friendly too.

how about Emporium Suites in Phrom Phong? anybody stayed there? is it guest friendly ?

The Emporium is my home away from home as I stay there around 10 weeks per year. Totally guest friendly and no need to leave I.D. at reception.

Actually i would inverse the question.

Does any of you had any problems once bringing a ladyboy to his hotel ?

I know i never had (although i don't do it anymore, preferring using ST hotel).

I've had guest issues (GG&LB) at the following hotels:

Mandarin Oriental: no problems during the day but my guest got refused at night, even the offer of leaving ID and paying for a second person got declined; the only option would have been to purchase a 2nd room for the night under my guests name. Considering the price I was paying for their 'Executive Suite' I was annoyed, checked out the next day and haven't been back since ( except to indulge in the lunch buffet at Lord Jim's from time to time).

Dusit Thani (Silom): polite and discreet receptionists, but they did charge a 1000 Baht joiner fee to my room after taking my guests ID. I complained at check-out and it was withdrawn although I reckon it's their policy.

The Sukhothai(Sathorn): just as polite and discreet as the Dusit, but they also charged a 1000 Baht joiner fee which wasn't withdrawn after complaining.

The St.Regis: No joiner fee got charged, there was a lot of hassle with security to get her up to my room.

Grand Hyatt Erawan ( where Spasso is in the basement): if you come in via reception chances are ID is taken and joiner fee charged. If you take the hidden elevator just outside Spasso in the basement you circumvent reception and you go straight up to your room without being asked for ID or charged.

Actually i would inverse the question.

I know i never had (although i don't do it anymore, preferring using ST hotel).

Be Aire Princess hotel Soi 5 told me they charge 1000 baht for a guest up on arrival. I had booked 6 nights there. Also they check the ID card and say rather loudley you know its ladyboy ? My reply each night was to give the ladyboy a kiss and say yes i know.

Edited by OneTrueSaxon

Well known Majestic Grande is LB friendly and never had a single problem even when LB comes on their own and demand to access my room.

They simply leave the ID at reception and before this is returned I got a call. Day or night.

So friendly and secure.

Makes sense to tip night security from time to time so they remember you.

A couple of times when I was going in with a good friend and reliable LB I simply winked at security and said "all ok, don't worry" and no ID was demanded. Orher times they insisted as "hotel policy" and we obliged :) not a big deal at the end.

I added 7 more hotels to the original post today.

I have several more emails out that have not yet been answered. I will give those another day or two to reply. If

they haven't responded, I will resend the requests. If they don't respond for the second email, I will post them here

as non-responsive, and guys can reach their own conclusions about their hospitality toward ladyboys.

Hard to tell which practice is more odious - the (several) hotels that charge 1K baht joiner fees, or the Ambassador's

20 baht charge to run a girl's ID thru their copier machine.

Be Aire Princess hotel Soi 5 told me they charge 1000 baht for a guest up on arrival. I had booked 6 nights there. Also they check the ID card and say rather loudley you know its ladyboy ? My reply each night was to give the ladyboy a kiss and say yes i know.

I stayed there as well, and the response was the same. Altho they did not charge a joiner fee since it was only daytime action.

But they were repeating the "do you know it is a ladyboy" over and over again. Either due to that they don´t like them, or that they had indecents before with guests getting a little surprise in the loom :D

Edit: Great overview tho, tnx a lot!

I always stay at the Sofitel Sukhumvit and no problems ever.

They don't require an ID or at least did not ask for it and no extra charges.

i just brought the girls straight up and they are very discreet.

I can recommend it highly. It's a typical hotel chain hotel and not very original but centrally located and very good overall.

LeFenix Sukhumvit soi 11 are quite practical since they will send the lb/gg up to your room after calling and confirm. Some of the rooms are a bit tired now, so I recommend the Deluxe-rooms. If you do bring them urself you can take the elevator straight up from ground floor. I´ve done that several times, but (for the newbies) it´s always added safety that reception holds their ID.

LeFenix Sukhumvit soi 11 are quite practical since they will send the lb/gg up to your room after calling and confirm. Some of the rooms are a bit tired now, so I recommend the Deluxe-rooms. If you do bring them urself you can take the elevator straight up from ground floor. I´ve done that several times, but (for the newbies) it´s always added safety that reception holds their ID.

Good ole Le Fenix ! That takes me back over six years ago.

Sometimes taking the elevator from the ground floor, the security guard may be there and he will check the ID card.

image.jpg

I hate when hotels try to treat us as imbeciles. Of course they know that we know there are lbs. It is trying to humiliate us. I normally book a room for two people and if they try to charge a joiner fee I tell them to check her in as the 2nd person in the room. Since I have already paid for 2 people they have to check her in.

The next day I inform she has checked out.

Here are 6 new hotels that responded to inquiry. I thought I could just edit the original post again, but

that option only gives one bite at the apple, so I will have to post within the thread itself.

Listed here:

Landmark, Shama, President Palace, Galleria 10, Okura, Belaire

Landmark Hotel Sukhumvit Rd. 3670 baht

Dear Mr.*******
Thank you for your interesting in The Landmark Bangkok Hotel.
Regarding your queries, there is an accompany charge at THB 1,000.-net per person per night and your guest is required to present ID card upon arrival for your security reason.

Should you have any further information or assistance you may need, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.

Yours faithfully,

Mr. Pavarid Bunekanan

Front Office Coordinator

The Landmark Bangkok | 138 Sukhumvit Road | Bangkok 10110

T : +66 (0)2254 0404 E : email@landmarkbangkok.com

Shama Sukhumvit Soi 2 5150 baht

Dear Mr. *********

Warmest greetings from Shama Sukhumvit, Thank you very much for your consideration stay with us.

Further your email below, Regarding visitor, we are required to register all join-in guest at the Shama Sukhumvit. However if over capacity of each apartment we will have an additional charge. For additional guest(s) is/are subject to a charge of THB 1,413 net.

If you wish to make a viewing appointment or if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.

We look forward to the pleasure of serving you at Shama, your home away from home.

Best regards,

krittamate pradabwittaya

Team leader, e-commerce

shama sukhumvit

39/1 soi sukhumvit 2, sukhumvit road, klongtoey, bangkok, 10110
t +66 2 105 6000 f +66 2 105 6001
e krittamate.p@shama.com w www.shama.com

President Palace Hotel Soi 11 2200 baht

Dear Mr. ******

“Warm Greetings from President Palace hotel”

According to your inquiry, please kindly see that you can bring joiner to stay with you without any fees. We will ask only joiner’s ID card for our security.

If you need any inquiries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Ms. Pannita Utaramart

Reservation Supervisor

T +66 2120 8888 F +66 2120 8899
reservations@presidentpalacehotel.com

Galleria 10 Soi 10 1950 baht

Dear Sir

Warmest greeting from Central Reservations Office.
Thank you for your e-mail.
In regard to your query, I would like to inform you that our hotel is guest friendly and there is no charge for overnight staying guest. We only request ID card / Passport for secure reason only.

Best Regards,

Geedah

Central Reservations Officer

Okura Prestige Wireless Road 7900 baht

Dear Mr. ******

Greetings from The Okura Prestige Bangkok !

Thank you for your email.

Please be nformed that we allow only one joiner can stay overnight without charge but he or she have to present the ID Card with our Front Staff upon arrival.

Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Supakorn Kittisupab
Reservation Officer
The Okura Prestige Bangkok

Park Ventures Ecoplex, 57 Wireless Road, Bangkok 10330, Thailand

T +66 (0) 2687 9000 F +66 (0) 2687 9110 www.okurabangkok.com

Belaire Bangkok Soi 5 2250 baht

Dear Mr. ****

Greeting from BelAire Bangkok.

Regarding your question. We are pleased to inform you for our guest policy. You are able to have the partner stay at the hotel.

However, there will be the additional charge at THB 1,000 net per night per person. You can contact directly to the front desk.

Best Regards,

BelAire Bangkok, 16 Sukhumvit Road, Soi 5, Bangkok 10110 Thailand
www.belairebangkok.com
Tel: +66 (0) 2253 4300
| Fax: +66 (0) 2255 8850