luv u long time

Amazing Looking New Model

Hi LULT

I'm looking to buy an I phone but I've heard you can receive unsolicited data on them.

If this is true You'd be paying a larger bill than you should.Do you have any info.on this ?

Cheers

Rob.

I've had an iPhone since there weedy 2G one was released.

It now feels like the son I never had :D

Seriously, it would take a lot for me to switch as I now have bought into Brand Apple!

As for unsolicited data, the only prob I've had was when I first took it abroad. Actually, it was just across the water the Republic of Ireland (abroads as per O2 is concerned) and was charged (or at least they TRIED to charge) me £110 for receiving one email !?!?! This was cos I stupidly left, "Data Roaming" switched to "YES". Big mistake.

I disputed it and said that this function is buried at the bottom of a pile of settings and why should the default be set to "Yes"?? Surely the default is "No" and if you want to cut your children off from any inheritance that may have been left, then select "Yes" if you go abroad.

Well, I got the famous, "As a gesture of good will" pish, but I was credited with the £110.

After that, I had no probs with extra data as I have always had Data Roaming switched off. Apple and O2 have since amended the default Roaming settings to "No" after thousands of complaints. I remember seeing a consumers rights programme in the UK called Watchdog highlighted this problem and a guy who went on holiday with his family to Spain took his mobile with him and left it in a drawer in case there were any emergencies at home. All this time, he was receiving email after email and was none the wiser about "data roaming' charges. His next bill came in at £11,000 in data roaming fees !?!?! :(

So I have no issues at all with iPhones in respect of unsolicited data being received.

14 sleeps and I'll be at the Apple Store for an iPhone 4 ;)

I've had an iPhone since there weedy 2G one was released.

It now feels like the son I never had :D

Seriously, it would take a lot for me to switch as I now have bought into Brand Apple!

As for unsolicited data, the only prob I've had was when I first took it abroad. Actually, it was just across the water the Republic of Ireland (abroads as per O2 is concerned) and was charged (or at least they TRIED to charge) me £110 for receiving one email !?!?! This was cos I stupidly left, "Data Roaming" switched to "YES". Big mistake.

I disputed it and said that this function is buried at the bottom of a pile of settings and why should the default be set to "Yes"?? Surely the default is "No" and if you want to cut your children off from any inheritance that may have been left, then select "Yes" if you go abroad.

Well, I got the famous, "As a gesture of good will" pish, but I was credited with the £110.

After that, I had no probs with extra data as I have always had Data Roaming switched off. Apple and O2 have since amended the default Roaming settings to "No" after thousands of complaints. I remember seeing a consumers rights programme in the UK called Watchdog highlighted this problem and a guy who went on holiday with his family to Spain took his mobile with him and left it in a drawer in case there were any emergencies at home. All this time, he was receiving email after email and was none the wiser about "data roaming' charges. His next bill came in at £11,000 in data roaming fees !?!?! :(

So I have no issues at all with iPhones in respect of unsolicited data being received.

14 sleeps and I'll be at the Apple Store for an iPhone 4 ;)

Well how disappointing this was!!!!! When I saw the title "New Model" I thought I was going to see pics of a gorgeous new LB, as yet unsullied by the mongrels mongers on this forum. But no, it's a feckin phone???? You guys are perverts :lol: