jeimii

Taxi Price List

Here is a taxi price list that I snapped on my way back from Phachara Suites on soi 6 to the airport. It says 700 on the list but the driver only asked me for 500, I gave him 700 anyway as I already had it ready.

4000THB for the River Kwai/Tiger Temple looks pretty good and a good bit cheaper than what I paid from an official tour site.

I got the concierge @ Phachara Suites to ring me a taxi to go to the airport . I asked how much it would be going to cost with no meter . He quietly said " 400baht sir " . Deal :)

Edit :: i have been a train advocate but this trip ( from airport) it was jam packed , stood up all the way bumping elbows . Also the express isn't working now , so quite a few stops

Edited by Boomerang

Yes, actually I really took the photo for the tour prices rather than to and from the airport. I always take the train from the airport to the hotel and a taxi back. But the tour prices definitely seemed cheaper than going via one of the tour sites if you don't need any of the extra services they offer (well just in my experience).

I recently returned home to the states for the holidays, took a taxi from my home in Bangkhutien to the Airport. For those who don't know Bangkhutien is the second to last stop on the Silom BTS line. That is a trip of roughly 60km, it was made late in the day around 330/4 and it cost me 280 baht plus tolls. Airport to BTS Nana is around 30 km by comparison.

To the OP those prices are absurd especially for the tours. With tours don't book them in your hotel, look online or go to one of the 70000 tour operators in the Sukhumvit area. For 4000 baht (and cheaper) you can usually get a private tour to River Kwai/Tiger Temple which includes a tour guide, transportation, and meals.

I recently returned home to the states for the holidays, took a taxi from my home in Bangkhutien to the Airport. For those who don't know Bangkhutien is the second to last stop on the Silom BTS line. That is a trip of roughly 60km, it was made late in the day around 330/4 and it cost me 280 baht plus tolls. Airport to BTS Nana is around 30 km by comparison.

To the OP those prices are absurd especially for the tours. With tours don't book them in your hotel, look online or go to one of the 70000 tour operators in the Sukhumvit area. For 4000 baht (and cheaper) you can usually get a private tour to River Kwai/Tiger Temple which includes a tour guide, transportation, and meals.

The tour I took of River Kwai was 1 full day. Leave around 8:30 am and return around 7pm. The price now is 1050THB. This was a mini van tour so I can imagine it is sometimes packed. Mine was not packed and I met an late 20s Aussie couple and we had a ball. You were busy all day except for travel to and from.

The tour I took of River Kwai was 1 full day. Leave around 8:30 am and return around 7pm. The price now is 1050THB. This was a mini van tour so I can imagine it is sometimes packed. Mine was not packed and I met an late 20s Aussie couple and we had a ball. You were busy all day except for travel to and from.

And where did yo get this deal from?

And where did yo get this deal from?

http://www.asia-discovery.com/river-kwai/rvk-01.htm

I did a few tours with asia-discovery. I did a temple and also the Grand Palace tour. They would pick me up from my hotel and drop me off at my hotel. There are restrictions as to what areas they will pick up in. I was in Silom.

Last trip I did Hellfire Pass and River Kwai. Took the bts across the river, a cab to Southern bus terminal, a bus to Kanchanaburi, hired a driver to HP and did the reverse to come back. Early May - the heat was astonishing. I was the only person at the Pass. Quite emotional to stand alone anongst the cutting and imagining the scenes from the war. My respect for those that endured it is immense. Left On Nut at 7am got back to Nana at 8pm had a slap up burger and beer at Bully-s, whacked down a magic pill and headed to Darkside for a truly spectacular fuck with Aof. Travel costs shy of 2000.

Any update's or alternate taxi/car services and costs to Hua Hin would be great.

Thanks.

Well, your in luck as I just planned for a weekend trip to Hua Hin in April. I found the best way to get there is by minivan. You can catch a van at Victory Monument from 05:00 to 20:00 & they depart every 30 min. It will take about 2.5-3 hours & cost 180baht. Here is a website on how to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin & one on how to get from Hua Hin to Bangkok.

Well, your in luck as I just planned for a weekend trip to Hua Hin in April. I found the best way to get there is by minivan. You can catch a van at Victory Monument from 05:00 to 20:00 & they depart every 30 min. It will take about 2.5-3 hours & cost 180baht. Here is a website on how to get from Bangkok to Hua Hin & one on how to get from Hua Hin to Bangkok.

Your a brave man , i wish you good luck .

Your a brave man , i wish you good luck .

What makes you say that?

Most of them drive like freakin lunatics . Only know one speed and that is as fast as they can go .

I can only surmise that Toyota has now fitted ESP (extra sensory perception) as standard on all minibus models. It can be the only way to explain why these drivers can see round blind corners, over the tops of hills and through huge trucks while they sit on it's tailgate all of 2 meters ahead.

They are for the most part, hair raising trips and the road to Hua Hin is one of the worst roads for 'unexpected situations' to arise (like someone pushing a cart over the highway while cars are flying along at 140khm on the said highway.)

Most of them drive like freakin lunatics . Only know one speed and that is as fast as they can go .

Guess I've been lucky because I've taken minivans several times and have always had good experiences. Always arrive safe & on time.

FYI, I'm from Los Angeles so I guess I am less fearful of traffic & vehicles then most.

FYI, I'm from Los Angeles so I guess I am less fearful of traffic & vehicles then most.

Fair enough . I can only speak of my observations & opinion of the minivans on that particular route . Just a heads up .

Edited by Boomerang

The prices for cab / taxi rides in Bangkok will go up as of next month, says the Bangkok Post.

The airport surcharge will increase from 50 to 70 B. The first two bags will still remain free of charge. However the third bag will cost 20 B. Instead of a maximum of 9 years, cabs can be in service for up to 12 years now. And: taxi drivers no longer are allowed to reject passengers! Technically, a new app will control this, says the Nation. We'll see what happens...

Edited by Thanks