Sign in to follow this  
Stewmac68

Air Asia from OZ

I have used Air Asia for internal flights in Thailand. No frills for sure. Good prices to be had but they charge higher for baggage. I flew them to Phnom Penh from BKK and it was just the same as their domestic service.

I haven't flown them from Australia. I have been getting good prices from Thai Air by using their site. Direct flights to BKK from our Capital cities. You can get a free stopover in Thailand. So I often fly into BKK then go onto Phuket or Chiang Mai. From Brisbane I get into BKK around 8 o'clock. I take two carry ons and over night in BKK while my baggage is check through to Phuket or Chaing Mai. Then I fly the next day as you have up to 24 hours to connect. Then return to BKK after a few days. Depending on time of year I get this routing from $750 to $1,100 AUD. I fly Q class so I get 100 % mileage, That cost about 80 to 100 AUD more. Otherwise you only get 25% of the mileage.

With Q class you can make changes for $55 AUD depending on availability. I just booked a ticket to London using them. I took advantage of the free stopover in Thailand so I will stop in BKK on the way to London and the way back. That ticket cost $2,200.

Thai Air website You can book your flights on line and pay online, or take down reference number and phone their local office in Australia to pay. Website only takes mastercard a visa. You can use other cards by calling in. You can essentially hold a flight by doing that way also.

Factor in the time lost transiting KL. Makes it a pain from Sydney probably ok from Perth. I used them several times in Thailand one trip and was very happy. Just booked April flight with Thai for $724

2500 buck thai airways business nearly 6k auckland -Bangkok

They try to price Kiwi's out to keep them away from Thailand.

Be best off getting a RT flight to Sydney then getting on one of those $725 AUD flts that Mikel got to BKK.

Remember friends I only live in New Zealand , I'm English "GOD SAVE THE QUEEN " you bunch of Aussie crims , And what's AFL about while I'm asking the biggest waste every , but nice to see you giving people with special needs a ball and a field to play on .

And remember she is your queen to while your sucking on ladyboy cock

I'm English too and totally agree about Afl - always thought it was a practical joke that got out of hand. Unfortunately I confused the image you conhured up and am now imagining the Queen as an lb. Off for a drink!

Not a big fan of the long layover in KL when travelling from Oz to BKK or Phuket with AirAsia. They also have a tendency to change the flight times well after you have booked. I think Jetstar from Oz is a better bet as they fly direct into BKK and Phuket from Sydney or Melbourne. If you book well ahead you can get good prices. Just locked in A$550 return Melbourne to BKK for next Sept. No check in luggage. Nice!

air asia out of coolangatta early to bkk 3-4 hours KL

coming back same early arrival coolangatta few hours kl

book 6 months in advance about $550aud

save your pennies for return flight kl to cool on the flat bed

can drink your duty free and pay for coke, yes they allow

but extras are luggage and food

fuck it

thai bris to bkk ret non stop 800ish at my age

Anyone used it via kl ?

Any good ?

Im waiting on thai airways price to come down on Expedia but nothing happening over last few weeks

Flown from Melb with them 4 or 5 times...no issues. You usually have to book well ahead (12 months) to get super cheap fares. I have a ticket in March for $350 return so can't complain, but again, purchased 12 months prior.