Maitri

Favorite Foods and Where to Eat

I like the thai food at the place first on your right hand side when entering soi 3/1. Nothing fancy just simple good thai food reasonable priced.

20140727_185444.jpg

I have quite a few as I live in Bangkok and eat out at least twice a day.

Favorite street food:

Soi 20 - noodle stand called Kings Noodles, 40 baht for roast pork with noodles, leeks and greens.

Soi 11 - There is a small cart that sells grilled kabobs (Chicken, Pork or Beef), they cook them in front of you and they cost 15-20 baht each.

Surasak BTS - in front of 7/11 about 500 m from BTS station is the best fried chicken I have ever tasted costs 20-25 baht.

As far as restaurants it depends on my mood:

Australian Bar on Soi 11 - especially when I want to see a live band, they have a very good one on weekend nights.

Gullivers Soi 5 - great for watching games and eating western style pub food.

Bella Napoli Soi 31 - great pizza and Italian food.

As an American one of things I crave most is good hot dogs for that I got to Superb Dog at Nana BTS. All beef or pork dogs starting at 69 baht.

One of the things I miss the most when I'm in Thailand is a nice fresh Garden Salad. Can't find these except for higher end hotels usually. This last trip I was staying at Aspen Suites which had a kitchenette, so I decided to make some of my own meals. That's when I found a good salad bar in Foodland on Soi 5 sukhumvit. Everything was fresh and has a good selection. Tomatoes that are fully ripe seem to always be in shortage, but with this you can select your own, sliced or cherry style. They charge you by weight so you gill a bag and then weigh it. My experience is that it average 30 baht a bowl. Dressing was 15 baht a packet which was about two servings. I picked up some croutons also which lasted my whole stay.

It's a great option for me pending my hotel has dishware. I made some other simple things, but looking to take on some other meals next trip.

I also eat at Tae Lok Dee, which is the restaurant in the front of Foodland. I think a single garden salad there is 120 baht.

always fill the fridge with cheese and ham and bikkies

kit kats for the choco craze

chips for the bellie bulge

dont like to cook any more hence no more stay soi 8

but still drink there and people watch

like soi 11 across the road for pure variety

everything there

each to their own

just see tv

froggies have terrorists at airport with hostages

bon chance eh

forgot the big bottles of choco milk for the guts

plenty of room left for frozen margaritas copious chang or tiger icy cold

and jim beam and orange small glass plenty of ice

seeing double by now but wtf getting 2 for one

bkk freelancers soi nana with a risk factor

pattaya happily bar hopping soi buakhow

watching kill bill on video

oldie but goody and so fucking violent

2 sleepers tonite

cheers

I really recommend to visit one of the Tawandang. I already been there few time before. And all the time I went there, I always see one babd of ladyboy. In general, not so far from the scene. Easy to share a drink, and easy to keep contact.

Also the sound in good and the food… delicious.

Jope guy, you can been there one time.

Edited by kavinalfa

Also lots of great food in Siam Mall downstairs. They have a food court and you can just pick whatever you like. I personally prefer a restaurant called Talingping down there. Great authentic high quality Thai food. Lots of different ice teas and coffees or fresh juices on top of it. This restaurant and the Local are my favs in BKK.TALING_PLING2.jpg

Also lots of great food in Siam Mall downstairs. They have a food court and you can just pick whatever you like. I personally prefer a restaurant called Talingping down there. Great authentic high quality Thai food. Lots of different ice teas and coffees or fresh juices on top of it. This restaurant and the Local are my favs in BKK.attachicon.gifTALING_PLING2.jpg

Just ate there yesterday. +1

Tawandang German Brewery is a good spot to go for some good food,great beer and lively entertainment. Full to the brim with locals all letting their hair down! A good clean night out ... For a change!

Always got the BTS to Chong Nonsi and a cab from there, quite a trek but enjoyable.

One of the things I miss the most when I'm in Thailand is a nice fresh Garden Salad.

If you city boys find yourself in my provincial neighborhood of Banlampoo, there are a number of good salad places and I eat at them regularly. There are 3 New Siam restaurants that have a variety of salads: New Siam, New Siam Riverside, and New Siam II. I like the Roast Chicken salad. Lots of greenery and the usual onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and sundry. 110B and a big plate.

There's a place on Pra Athit that is dedicated to salads and serves nothing else. It's on the end of PA near the busy intersection where the burned down dept store with the fish farm in the basement is. (maybe that's not that helpful). Can't remember the name except that it has "salad" in the title.

Tawandang German Brewery is a good spot to go for some good food,great beer and lively entertainment. Full to the brim with locals all letting their hair down! A good clean night out ... For a change!

Always got the BTS to Chong Nonsi and a cab from there, quite a trek but enjoyable.

I had a blast there in January with my non-LB friends. highly recommended!

I agree, usually when I'm in town I always eat at restaurants/pubs/bars on Soi11 (German Bar or Aussie), When near soi4 Bully pub does it for me. I'm a Burger type of guy, not really big on Thai food.

I usually stay on Soi 11 and there is the German Bar/Restaurant, it is 25 metres from the Aussie and Zaks WIne Bars. I believe they do have some German Malt Beers there as well as a great BBQ Pork Knuckle. (Usually Friday)

Good korean recommendation? I havr tried a few need soi 11, but the Kim chi was lacking.

Over on the patts forum I asked the same question,

What are your fav thai foods and dishes

and

your fav places to eat in BKK and patts.

Please do hit me with your fav's

Good korean recommendation? I havr tried a few need soi 11, but the Kim chi was lacking.

There are plenty of good Korean restaurants in the little Korean enclave next to soi 12. Last May I went with Mardhi to a Korean BBQ restaurant in Time Square (diagonally across from Terminal 21/next to Sheraton Grande) which was excellent, think it's called Korean BBQ @ Time Square; take the escalators to the 3d floor, it's in the right hand side corner.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Korean-Bar-BQ-Time-Square/197820810238654

Over on the patts forum I asked the same question,

What are your fav thai foods and dishes

and

your fav places to eat in BKK and patts.

Please do hit me with your fav's

There are so many excellent places, from very cheap to very costly, that it's hard to say which ones are favourites with me. For a special night out with a girl you feel special about you could go for pre-dinner drinks at Vertigo, the roof top bar of the Banyan Tree hotel, followed by mind boggling good food at Nahm in the Cosmopolitan Hotel. Don't make the mistake of eating at Vertigo though, it's mediocre at best. Make sure you invite a girl who is comfortable in these surroundings, as the majority of girls probably prefer a simple noodle stand by the road.

http://www.banyantree.com/en/ap-thailand-bangkok/vertigo-and-moon-bar

http://www.comohotels.com/metropolitanbangkok/dining/nahm

Edited by Youngone

Next time you're going to CIB I recommend the street vendor directly across from New Wave bar (just past CIB on Soi 7). I've been eating & snacking there the last few nights. Everything I've tried there so far has been really good, but their papaya salad is especially good. Me being the falang that I am I always tell them "no spicy", and it hits the spot every time. If you're looking for a good desert the ice cream vendor at Dubai on Soi 4 (next to Hilary 2) can't be beat. 100B for a 3 scoop cone of some of the best ice cream I've had in a long time. I took Cindy from Charades there & she recognized the guy serving the ice cream from TV so I guess it's pretty famous stuff.

Hi when I can find good thai street foods near Nana? Which soi? Thanks.

You see i only eat thai street foods and lots of fresh fruits in Patt.

Edited by vincent law

Hi when I can find good thai street foods near Nana? Which soi? Thanks.

You see i only eat thai street foods and lots of fresh fruits in Patt.

Everything you can imagine is on Soi 4. Vendors setup carts directly in front of NEP and they extend all the way down on both sides of the soi

to 7 Seas restaurant at the intersection of Soi 4 and Soi 6.

Soi 11 also has good selection as well, but most of them are quite a hike up from Sukhumvit.

Next time you're going to CIB I recommend the street vendor directly across from New Wave bar (just past CIB on Soi 7). I've been eating & snacking there the last few nights. Everything I've tried there so far has been really good, but their papaya salad is especially good. Me being the falang that I am I always tell them "no spicy", and it hits the spot every time. If you're looking for a good desert the ice cream vendor at Dubai on Soi 4 (next to Hilary 2) can't be beat. 100B for a 3 scoop cone of some of the best ice cream I've had in a long time. I took Cindy from Charades there & she recognized the guy serving the ice cream from TV so I guess it's pretty famous stuff.

Hmm sounds good.Thanks