Maitri

Favorite Foods and Where to Eat

On Nut next to the bts has good cheap fare. One lb took me to a little old lady run hole in the wall place at the end of the bts line where I had the best food ever. For next to nothing! She ordered I enjoyed.

I often crave Mexican just to break up Thai food a bit on longer stays.

Baja fish tacos are my favorite, shown here with nachos at Taco Sunrise.

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

if you don't mind spending a little more go to "the local" on sukhumvit 23.

unbelievably good traditional thai food. been there many times and always very good.

Yeah good food their for sure

Mexican looks good.. is that on the even numbered side of Sukhumvit?

I also love Indian food, so any recommendations there would be appreciated. There are so many around Sukhumvit Nana area, I think I've been to about 3 or 4.

On Nut next to the bts has good cheap fare. One lb took me to a little old lady run hole in the wall place at the end of the bts line where I had the best food ever. For next to nothing! She ordered I enjoyed.

Where is Nut?? :wank:

Does anyone remember Ploy from the old GB? Aside from eating each other's goodies, we ate out a couple times at a spot she liked off the beaten path... I want to say it was up around the soi 20's or 30's but a ways off of Sukhumvit definitely on the even number side...

I remember Ploy very well, she was one of the most relaxed girls I've ever come across; cool chick to hang out with. I was told last night by Bee, who is good friends with her, that she is back in Bangkok and working in a massage salon in soi 7/1. Don't know the name, but according to Bee it's the one on the right hand side next to Star Inn. I'll have a look later this week...

Mexican looks good.. is that on the even numbered side of Sukhumvit?

There is a thread on Taco Sunrise which is a chain. One in Patpong, Pattaya and others. (Click)

Not the best tasting chips for nachos, but wide variety of sauces. I like their other menu items personally. Good change of pace from Thai fare I find.

nachos at Taco Sunrise.

attachicon.gifIMG_2944.jpg

Nachos Warning

They have two versions of Nachos at Sunrise so be careful what you choose. One comes with cheese in a tube, aka the above pic and is supposedly designed for the thai market. The other one uses real cheese (well as real as Americans consume :D ) and is wayyyyy better than the test tube cheese. I remember seeing Greg who owns the chain at the Patpong store once drunken morning circa 3am and we were chatting about it. The real cheese version is more expensive.

I remember Ploy very well, she was one of the most relaxed girls I've ever come across; cool chick to hang out with. I was told last night by Bee, who is good friends with her, that she is back in Bangkok and working in a massage salon in soi 7/1. Don't know the name, but according to Bee it's the one on the right hand side next to Star Inn. I'll have a look later this week...

Good to know. That place is also home to Tee, Lek and Pammy who all used to work at Guess at the same time. If you get up as far as I-Check-in hotel, you have gone too far and its about 6 shophouses before I-Check In.

Nachos Warning

They have two versions of Nachos at Sunrise so be careful what you choose. One comes with cheese in a tube, aka the above pic and is supposedly designed for the thai market. The other one uses real cheese (well as real as Americans consume :D ) and is wayyyyy better than the test tube cheese. I remember seeing Greg who owns the chain at the Patpong store once drunken morning circa 3am and we were chatting about it. The real cheese version is more expensive.

I found the chips themselves weren't very good. The free chips were a bit bland and the ones in the Nacho Supreme were much better. You really had to spruce them up with the other ingredients.

Good to know. That place is also home to Tee, Lek and Pammy who all used to work at Guess at the same time. If you get up as far as I-Check-in hotel, you have gone too far and its about 6 shophouses before I-Check In.

Just after Star Inn.Hotel and across from World Inn. Been a few times and always took Tee as for a older ladyboy she as one of the hottest bodies around. Not seen her there the last couple of trips, which is a shame as she is also a good conversationalist and good company.

Here are a few pics of Tee outside where the lasses hang out

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tee is good in the sack and also has a good social conversation. She is down to earth, contrary to others who may have a diva attitude. She has no bad attitude whatsoever. She is very nice a speaks a very good English.

If you do not know her, be prepared to meet somebody towering 1m80+ (more than 6ft). She cut her hair some 6 months ago, sporting a sherry hairstyle now.

I didn't realise she was that tall. I would see her almost daily sitting outside massage shop on Soi 7/1 and was always sitting. I was too mesmerized by her face I reckon. Great to hear performance reports on her as I can easily work her in during a lazy afternoon. Attitude and photo friendly are always big plusses for me.

Where is that German bar/ restaurant that a few BMs go to? I love German wheat beer. What sort of food do they serve there?

Where is that German bar/ restaurant that a few BMs go to? I love German wheat beer. What sort of food do they serve there?

I think its off Rama 4 road which sort of runs paralel with Sukhumvit (at least in the area most of interest to visitors). Its called Tawang Deng and I recall Youngone going there before. Never been personally so can't add anything the place/food. However there are other Issan Pubs also with the same name.

Ok thanks Mardi. Not really a Singha guy and Leo and Chang are ok so when I saw pics of BMs slurping on gorgeous wheat beer I was well jealous.

I think its off Rama 4 road which sort of runs paralel with Sukhumvit (at least in the area most of interest to visitors). Its called Tawang Deng and I recall Youngone going there before. Never been personally so can't add anything the place/food. However there are other Issan Pubs also with the same name.

There are 2 Tawandang locations, 1 on Ram Indra and 1 on Rama 3. I've been to the Rama 3 location probably 10+ times, it's good fun as long as you bring a couple of fun loving girls. The concept is pretty simple, first you eat a ton of food, then you drink a lot of beer, which is then followed by Isaan style music and dance. Food wise they serve some German dishes, but the main emphasis is on Thai food and their locally brewed beer. It gets pretty busy there, so I'd recommend reserving a table if you want a half decent table with view of the stage...

http://www.tawandang.com/eng/home.html

Tawandang 2.JPG Tawandang 6.JPG

Tawandang 14.JPG TD1.JPG

I usually stay on Soi 11 and there is the German Bar/Restaurant, it is 25 metres from the Aussie and Zaks WIne Bars. I believe they do have some German Malt Beers there as well as a great BBQ Pork Knuckle. (Usually Friday)

Thanks, looks fun. I really need to do more sightseeing stuff when I'm out there next rather than just sleep off hangovers and fuck LBs!