JohnLuke

Galleria 10

Guest b-man

Yes, stayed there last year. Good hotel, good pool as well. Staff friendly, girl friendly. My room faced out the back and wasn't a great view. A largeish room, good bathroom. Quiet.

Haven't heard from the OP. Assume he has had a great time......

Does anyone know if this hotel is ladyboy friendly?

tks

Yes, it is LB friendly.

Nice people, excellent roof top.

Direct opposite the the freelance scene in front of Thermae, so pleasant for the deep night.

But ... a little bit deep within the Soi for walking with high-heels.

If you come by taxi from the lower Sukh you have to turn around on Asoke to go the other side back for entering the Soi.

But these are some minor issues...

Upping old thread because im thinking about booking here. Any reviews?

Do elevators require room key? Are there smoking rooms available? Extra charges for girls? Any info would help thanks.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Tapatalk

I stayed at Galleria10 once, last year. Paid 91€ for 2 nights.

very nice hotel, wifi work good. my room at 7th floor was very quiet.

Small gym and small swimming pool on the roof.

I didnt tried their breakfast, so cant judge.

Of course is Guest Friendly and no problem with a LB guest.

Free tuktuk shuttle from hotel to Sukhumvit.

easy walk for both BTS station Nana and Asok.

attachicon.gifSAM_4853.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4854.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4855.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4856.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4857.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4858.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4876.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4877.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4878.JPG

attachicon.gifSAM_4879.JPG

Excellent review. Stayed there myself in January

Stayed here at beginning and end of trip last October. Arrived 4 days after the major event and while everything was toned down the trip was ok. Had visited G10 three years before when it was reopening/rebranded. Like many hotels of this standard in bkk it hasn't seen a huge amount of upkeep - noticeable wear and tear around the place but for the money, location and vibe it's still good value.The gym is so-so and the pool is a glorified bath tub but the rooftop area is a cool place to hang out and has enough secluded spots to molest a ladyboy without causing a stir. There was a drink special too - 3 for 2 cocktails which is good value if you're friendly with the barstaff. They get stronger each round if you're having fun. I may have been lucky that a group of twatpackers had been rude to him and made comments re my lb so he helped us out. Tipped him well.

Breakfast was ok, place was packed and staff were struggling.They were also definitely annoyed by a group of Italians carrying on loudly and (bizarrely)dressed for the beach at phuket - tiny shorts and fluoro singlets (the girls too...). This days after the King passed and a huge amount of info about toning it down and dressing respectfully. On the whole a good hotel for a few nights not sure if the pricier rooms are worth the extra. Staff were great and lb friendly.

20161019_105832.jpg

20161019_113248.jpg

20161019_114819.jpg

20161019_114836.jpg

I'd want to talk to the architect on those first two rooms.

I'd want to talk to the architect on those first two rooms.

Whenever I post pics from phone it's hit and miss on how they'll display. 😭

Whenever I post pics from phone it's hit and miss on how they'll display.

You have my sympathy. It can be hard to correct, and I doubt there are forum settings to let you rotate the pix to how you want it.

Maybe there's an app for your phone that will do this. I drive a Linux computer that has tools for setting picture orientation permanently, but wouldn't know an app for my Android phone to do the same thing.

Edited by DeepnHard

I stayed at Galleria 10 for 4 nights and was really happy with my accommodations. I paid 1855 baht per night booking right through their website. I think the hotel is well priced coming in a bit cheaper than some of ritzier places like Grand Swiss, Dawin, or Phachara. I haven't stayed at the more expensive places but I have stayed at a cheaper place and can say Galleria is worth the money.

My room was very comfortable and inviting. The shower was best I've had in Thailand, the bed was big and comfy, had a nice view of the city on the 6th floor (which i requested), and the safety deposit box was big enough for my 15" laptop. They have a nice system where you flick on a light for Do Not Disturb, or Request Room Clean. This way they don't bug you all the time about it.

The pool is definitely too small but not much can be done about that, still nice for a dip after a long day. The roof area is really nice with lots of little spots to chill and zero pressure from the restaurant staff. I would bring up my own beer and food all the time and they never said a word.

The place is definitely guest friendly and never said a word about my LB's or girls. It's geared more towards regular tourists so the only weirdness you will get is from them of course. The staff are lovely people. I find I'm torn on whether i prefer a normal hotel that is ok with the guests or a hotel geared towards mongering (basically anything on Soi 4). With Galleria being on Soi 10 it was nice to escape the madness and relax for a while, make eyes with the Swedish tourist girls and be amused by the couples who seem miserable half the time. True enough that the elevator requires a room key so if you have a LB come to see you, you essentially have to go down to the lobby and declare your everlasting love for ladyboys to everyone there. Some of us are more ready for that than others.

I would say Galleria 10 is a great option for those newer to the game who want to get in on the shallow end and also need to save a bit of cash. I'm not certain I need to spend more for the nicer places as I felt all my needs were met here. The only thing I would maybe prefer is to be a bit closer to Nana Plaza. I tried a cheaper place for the last night (SM Grande Residence) and it was definitely not worth it. Maybe it was just the place but I felt it better to spend a bit more then to have a bad room you are embarrassed to take the girls.