creed

Flight ratings (2015 updates)

Best airline I ever flew on was Qatar.

However, I've also flown with the other UAE based flight companies (Emirates and Etihad) all of whom have been superb quality.

Eva is so-so, but at least it normally cheap and generally have I no complaints.

I went with SIngapore Airlines this year on the big Airbus A380. I'm 6'2" and just couldn't get comfortable. My shins couldnt slot in under the seat in front like the regular sized long-haul aircraft I've been on, so was always a bit disjointed and out of shape.

I travel almost exclusively on Singapore airlines. I don't have the long leg problem LULT ;)

I like their frequent flyer program, their kris flyer lounges, the timetable suits me well to and from Australia and the great service.

But most of all, a very cute flight attendant was VERY nice to me once, she went above and beyond the call of duty. :P

I travel almost exclusively on Singapore airlines. I don't have the long leg problem LULT ;)

I like their frequent flyer program, their kris flyer lounges, the timetable suits me well to and from Australia and the great service.

But most of all, a very cute flight attendant was VERY nice to me once, she went above and beyond the call of duty. :P

Me all i care about is not having to sit next to a massivly over weight fat slob who takes over my seat. Happened a while back on a short trip and i refused to sit next to the person, got a few looks but no way...

One thing I would say about Singapore Airlines is the outstanding food you get. I remember on my last flight I was sitting next to a 30-something British couple (im from the UK, so I can say this !) and what a pair of moaning feckers they were.

Anyways, we get the main meal which was "Steak". I opened the foil thinking, this has got to be rubberised shit. I opened it up and a thick piece of tender moist medium, but with a perfect touch of pink in the middle, chargrilled steak. I like to treat myself with nice restaurants from time to time and I kid you not, the quality was up there with a great restaurants.

I was so impressed that I was JUST about to make a sarcastic remark to the couple saying, "I think mines is just a little over-done for my liking, do you think they will re-cook mine?", I kid you not, the next second before I opened my mouth, the woman was complaining to the air steward saying, "There is no way Im eating this, Its terrible". She wasn't a veggy or anything. Remeber, this was in the Economy Class and she, like me, had paid only £325 return at their promotional rate.

Some people eh ! :D

one day i want to fly business class ....one day... :(

one day i want to fly business class ....one day... :(

I'm with you..

always with the cattle in back

I hate looking at all of those comfortable seats on the way off the plane

But my Baht is reserved for LB's

One thing I would say about Singapore Airlines is the outstanding food you get. I remember on my last flight I was sitting next to a 30-something British couple (im from the UK, so I can say this !) and what a pair of moaning feckers they were.

Anyways, we get the main meal which was "Steak". I opened the foil thinking, this has got to be rubberised shit. I opened it up and a thick piece of tender moist medium, but with a perfect touch of pink in the middle, chargrilled steak. I like to treat myself with nice restaurants from time to time and I kid you not, the quality was up there with a great restaurants.

I was so impressed that I was JUST about to make a sarcastic remark to the couple saying, "I think mines is just a little over-done for my liking, do you think they will re-cook mine?", I kid you not, the next second before I opened my mouth, the woman was complaining to the air steward saying, "There is no way Im eating this, Its terrible". She wasn't a veggy or anything. Remeber, this was in the Economy Class and she, like me, had paid only £325 return at their promotional rate.

Some people eh ! :D

Yep food is always great.

There is a saying in OZ. "You can always tell when a plane load of Poms arrive, because you can still hear the whining, long after the engines stop." :D

Me all i care about is not having to sit next to a massivly over weight fat slob who takes over my seat. Happened a while back on a short trip and i refused to sit next to the person, got a few looks but no way...

These days, Sing air Perth/Sing run is only 2 seats each side and Business class size TV screens.

On one trip, a Chinese guy had the aisle seat and I had the window, we were busy reading our Fin reviews and congratulating ourselves on having made a bit of money and that the middle seat was empty.

Just before the doors closed, the biggest guy I have ever seen came and tried to sit between us.

The Chinese guy said "Fuck off, you are too fat to sit here so fuck off"

I couldn't believe it, the guy went to an attendant and found another seat.

The Chinese guy looked at me and said.

"That fat cunt was far to big to sit here!"

Amazing what you can do if you have the balls eh!

I'm with you..

always with the cattle in back

I hate looking at all of those comfortable seats on the way off the plane

But my Baht is reserved for LB's

I travel cattle class all the time, but usually only around Asia, so relatively short hops. I do collect a lot of points, so every couple of years I get a free business class to Europe. :D

Yes its nice.

Edited by lbloveroz

These days, Sing air Perth/Sing run is only 2 seats each side and Business class size TV screens.

On one trip, a Chinese guy had the aisle seat and I had the window, we were busy reading our Fin reviews and congratulating ourselves on having made a bit of money and that the middle seat was empty.

Just before the doors closed, the biggest guy I have ever seen came and tried to sit between us.

thats funny :lol:

one of the girls in my office said she went home and got charged for have 5kg over her weigt limit for her bags, now this girl in around 60kg next in line was the massive family were the kids alone weighed in at 100kg plus. i thinks it time to weight the person and luggage and if your over you pay extra, or for really reallly *fat cunt* you buy two seats.

My 3 trips have been with JAL, EVA and China Air. So far they have all been comparable, depending on how old the plane is. Newer planes have the individual screens with games, movies and tv.

Older planes just have what ever movie is showing. Also seating seems to be more comfortable on the newer planes.

So far I like almost any airline better than a US based company. Food and service suck! Fat ugly stewardess..ok, done bitching.

I always book an isle seat so I can get up and walk around as often as possible. It's 17-19 hours for me to get there.

I will have to try Singapore after reading some of the other posts here.

My 3 trips have been with JAL, EVA and China Air. So far they have all been comparable, depending on how old the plane is. Newer planes have the individual screens with games, movies and tv.

Older planes just have what ever movie is showing. Also seating seems to be more comfortable on the newer planes.

So far I like almost any airline better than a US based company. Food and service suck! Fat ugly stewardess..ok, done bitching.

I always book an isle seat so I can get up and walk around as often as possible. It's 17-19 hours for me to get there.

I will have to try Singapore after reading some of the other posts here.

17 hours wow :(

Best airline I ever flew on was Qatar.

However, I've also flown with the other UAE based flight companies (Emirates and Etihad) all of whom have been superb quality.

Eva is so-so, but at least it normally cheap and generally have I no complaints.

I went with SIngapore Airlines this year on the big Airbus A380. I'm 6'2" and just couldn't get comfortable. My shins couldnt slot in under the seat in front like the regular sized long-haul aircraft I've been on, so was always a bit disjointed and out of shape.

Hi LULT,

Im also of your same height ..and Legroom is a issue ... While booking the tickets online You can check out this site www.seatguru.com , when u enter the flight details , it will show you good seats & the bad seats in that flight ...

Edited by creed

Hi LULT,

Im also of your same height ..and Legroom is a issue ... While booking the tickets online You can check out this site www.seatguru.com , when u enter the flight details , it will show you good seats & the bad seats in that flight ...

THanks Creed. I never knew about that site.

This forum ROCKS ;)

Last year I flew 185000 miles Air France, Business.

My client has a policy of anything over 3 hours is Business so I am lucky. 3 trips were Rio to Perth return, the Sin/Per sector with Qantas. Qantas are very good Business. Air France is Ok, KLM on 747s are crap, and the seats are old, non sleeper type. BA is just OK.

So all flights to BKK are stopovers.

Air France has a calculator for your carbon footprint, mine was 29000kgs, I am exempt from guilt as I work in the oilfield!

Last year I flew 185000 miles Air France, Business.

My client has a policy of anything over 3 hours is Business so I am lucky. 3 trips were Rio to Perth return, the Sin/Per sector with Qantas. Qantas are very good Business. Air France is Ok, KLM on 747s are crap, and the seats are old, non sleeper type. BA is just OK.

So all flights to BKK are stopovers.

Air France has a calculator for your carbon footprint, mine was 29000kgs, I am exempt from guilt as I work in the oilfield!

nice air miles points :o

still fucking funny 24 hours later :)

Hi LULT,

Fantastic link Creed +1

thanks for sharing, much appreciated

I have flown with many different airlines & have noticed the seats on Airbus flights are more comfortable than Boeing's (with one exception)

Worst flight i've had was Cathay Pacific Melb-HK

It was a new Airbus that had the "new" non-reclining seats

The seat remains upright & the cushion 'reclines/slides-down

i got a SORE BACK! Thanks alot Cathay Pacific !! :angry:

Best flight ive had was with Emirates Melb-Dubai

Airbus, the seats were SO comfortable, great food/service.

Return flight was on a Boeing, very uncomfortable seats.

I wanna try Singapore on my next trip, heard many good reviews.

cheers

:D

cheers

Edited by Jamie

This thread reminds me of a Smirnoff booze advert on UK TV years ago.

"I thought cunnilingus was an Irish airline until I discovered Smirnoff".

or

"I thought Wanking was a town in China until------" :D

I have flown with many different airlines & have noticed the seats on Airbus flights are more comfortable than Boeing's (with one exception)

Worst flight i've had was Cathay Pacific Melb-HK

It was a new Airbus that had the "new" non-reclining seats

The seat remains upright & the cushion 'reclines/slides-down

i got a SORE BACK! Thanks alot Cathay Pacific !! :angry:

Personally, I like those seats because you don't have someone throwing their seatback in your face. If the person in front of you wants to recline, it is their space that gets compromised, not mine. Why do some people keep their seats reclined during the mealtimes? That one has never made sense to me. Another plus with the new seats is that I can also watch the entertainment without someone bouncing around in front of me. Sorry to hear about your back, though, mine was fine.

Travel to LOS with KLM, Thai, SAS, China Air, Aeroflot and twice with Thomas Cook. Cook, the charter airline,

was filled with families and screaming kids, so it was impossible to sleep or even read. But hilarious

cheap though, about 390£.

Aeroflot also cheap, but jeezes how grumpy the russians are, also that the transit time is quite long (from 7-24hrs)

is a reason good enough to pay extra.

The others are more or less the same, decent enough - takes me to LOS - and that's the only thing i expect

Normally fly Emirates to Bangkok from London, has a two hour break in Dubai which suites me as don't really like the 12 hour stints anymore. They use a A380-800 the big plane Dubai to Bangkok and if you can reserve the seat just behind the escape doors then theres no seat in front of you. Really nice, can stick your legs right out.

Emirates non-stop Dubai to BKK, the only way to go. Qatar and a couple of other airlines have flights out of Dubai, but you have to make a layover. I pay a little extra for the non-stop, I don't want to spend my time in another airport on the way to LOS, I have more important things to do with my time. Emirates is first rate, I got bumped up to business class once, and flew the new A380 back twice now, VERY nice! Emirates is also a partner with Thai Airways, and I have been on their airplanes a couple of times too, also first rate.