spoons48

Grand President - Soi 11

Hi

Found a great deal staying at the Grand President on Soi 11, but could not find any information, it is listed on the girl friendly web site, but was wondering if anyone has stayed here ?

Colin

Have to leave id('s, np with 1+) with guard.

Lowest prices may be in building across street, smaller rooms. Well appointed gym/pool is across the street at the main building.

Still with room safe, etc.

Not luxury at lowest price range, but definitely standard++

It's serviced apartment, and all those rules and freedoms apply.

I stayed there many times, and at other "Grand" properties as well.

It Says Tower 3, so I guess thats over the road then

Yes, Tower 3 is across the road and above the Old German Beerhouse; it can be quite noisy due to inconsiderate maids on the corridors and large groups of even more inconsiderate Indian tourists. Tower 2 has larger rooms, but a lot of the rooms face the 'bird zoo' of the Ambassador hotel which means you'll be woken up early by their screeching. I actually moved out for that reason a few years ago.

Yes, Tower 3 is across the road and above the Old German Beerhouse; it can be quite noisy due to inconsiderate maids on the corridors and large groups of even more inconsiderate Indian tourists. Tower 2 has larger rooms, but a lot of the rooms face the 'bird zoo' of the Ambassador hotel which means you'll be woken up early by their screeching. I actually moved out for that reason a few years ago.

Old German Beer house with Grande President across the Soi.

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 015.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 013.JPG

Jan 8 and 9 Soi 11 012.JPG

Yes, the inconsiderate Indian tourists is something I plan to avoid the next time by not staying at Ambassador Hotel. A group of inconsiderate people give a country a bad name as there are lovely and very considerate people from there too.

I have always stayed in the deluxe suites here and get a great monthly deal . The staff a fantstic,The suites are huge and the beds very comfortable but after my last stay in November it will be my last. The suites are starting to look a little ragged about the edges, but the nighly fight to try and walk from the suk to the hotel, is too much. Alco carts footpath restauriants and zilch room on the road. Like wandering through a inner Dehli suburb.

On my next visit I will be try AirBB down on the river, easy to get to nana and cowboy by MTR and a taxi home afterwards. AirBB deal seesm good. I will be there beginning of march so I will let you know.

Soi 11 went from a place for a nice gentle stroll to madness in only three of four years incredible IMHO not nice.

Hi

I just been emailing the Hotel and got a Great deal for an upgrdade to a delux Suite, they charging me an extra 500 THB per night so upgrade will be 1500 for three nights well worth £28

Hi Spoons,

I've stayed at the GP and its sister next door PP.

President Place is newer and in better condition but more expensive so I always go back to the GP.

Yes the bathrooms are a little tired but still ok ...just.

Very girly/lb friendly, sometimes ask for their ID but not always. If they do you'll get a reassuring phone call to make sure everything is ok when they leave.

Good hotel, excellent location (middle between Soi CB and Nana), Nana BTS at top of road, lots of good eating houses (Australian bar, Irish bar, Japanese, German, Indian etc etc).

Been staying there 4-5 times per year for several years....its a good choice.

Spoons I have stayed at the GP on several occasions over the years. Rooms in the first two towers are far better than tower three. Basic but clean and it can be noisy at night but tolerable. Breakfast is OK buffet style. It is very ladyboy friendly I have taken two at a time back there no problem. They check ID which is good from a security perspective.

Brendan

I have stayed several times in the GP over the years and I always had good experiences. The hotel is LB friendly and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. But in March last year I booked a deluxe suite which was very disappointing. It was located in tower 2. This non smoking room was dark and smelly (smokers) and the furniture was out dated. They really need to refurbish this room.

I decided not to stay here, although I paid in advance. I have asked for another room, but unfortunately the hotel was fully booked and no other room was available. I took my loss and left the hotel for a stay in the Landmark, which is always excellent.

Hi all,

So I stayed at the Grand President from 4-7th Feb and must admit its a reasonable hotel.

I originally booked via agoda and got a rate of £117 for the 4 nights booked Monday night as guaranteed late check in as new would arrive early morning. After some reviews I discovered I was in tower 3 so decided to contact the hotel via email for an upgrade to a delux suite and they agreed an upgrade fee of 900THB per night .

Check in -

very smooth process I was checked in and room keys provided IWithin 10-15 mins, I asked if there was a fully stocked mini bar as just off a 12 hr flight needed some refreshments, and was told yes.

The Room

Was in Tower 2 room 1122, and room had a big lounge, separate bedroom and kitchen, however no mini bar, called reception and house keeping arrived with 5 mins to clean out room next door to my fridge, had nice cold one and waited for my guest :-)

Bathroom

Ok the bathtub needed some slight refurb, but shower was clean, functional and everything worked as required, shortage of towels but sorted out next day to double the room stock

Bedroom

Nice fesh clean sheets, comfortable bed, nice big screen tv and plenty of strange space.

Guest friendly-

Well you all know I took a guest each night, and although you do need a room key for the elevators is no problem, first morning my guest met me in the lobby of tower 2 and I asked if she had any issues with security and she said no I just walked in. I gave her a room key to get back in the afternoon, and again she had no issues accessing the hotel.

Each night very late, apart from 1 night security asked to see her ID but that was it, no drama no fuss just that knowing nod as I walked past.

Hotel location is great on Soi 11, just opposite the Aussie bar, great lunches and a short stroll or taxi to all the main sites.

I would reccomend this hotel, and Tower 2 has very easy access for guests and great location, and free wifi that was actually very good

Thanks for the reviews! Actually i just booked a room for days in January/february but as it is in tower 3 i might reconsider after reading the reviews regarding noise from other guests (mainly indians). I always book through booking.com as they have a great choice of hotels worldwide and most can be booked withouth any prepayment and with free cancellation sometimes up to the day before your arrival.

"Grand President"...love these hotel names. I'd prefer the "Sleazy Vice President" or as the locals call it -- "The Vice". I'd stay at "The Foreign Relations", too.