Bangkok Ladyboys Forum
seanjean

Is It Safe To Travel?

I heard in the news thailand and particularly bangkok is having

Some unrest and prottesting, I'm going there in may, u think ill be

Ok? My main mission is lb hunting,

Thanks

Hi Seanjean,I'll be there myself in May.I have absolutely no worries about going to Thailand whatsoever.If there is civil unrest-I'm sure it wil be directed against the government agencies,and not against tourist LB hunters in nana plaza.If there is any suggestion of it getting to the tourist area in bkk-i will just head off to pattaya or somewhere else-Thailand is a big country.

Hi Seanjean,I'll be there myself in May.I have absolutely no worries about going to Thailand whatsoever.If there is civil unrest-I'm sure it wil be directed against the government agencies,and not against tourist LB hunters in nana plaza.If there is any suggestion of it getting to the tourist area in bkk-i will just head off to pattaya or somewhere else-Thailand is a big country.

Travis, your comment is incorrect.

Currently the main Red-Shirts rally is at Ratchaprasong intersection which, for people who do not know Bangkok, is the area from Central World past Siam paragon and up to MBK, all the malls are closed. Bangkok and the surrounding provinces are under a state of emergency, several areas of Bangkok have tension including Silom Road area (Patpong). There have been marches on Sukhumvit as well as reports of several establishments in Soi 22 being turned over by red shirt supporters. Just last night, according to an SMS from a friend, a Farang tourist was hounded out of Nana Plaza for wearing a Red Shirt, poor bugger probably didn't know why.

This was in the Bangkok Post this Morning Foreigners told to Avoid Certain Areas and in the Nation BMA Cancels Songkran Events , this is the second year on the trot that Songkran celibrations have been cancelled in Bangkok, could you imagine the outrage if Christmas / New Year was cancelled in London / New York (Insert any major city). Demonstrations are now taking place outside Bangkok Red Shirts in 17 Provinces .

Today will be interesting Red Shirts to March to Ten Spots Friday stay tuned for further updates.

Personally if I was coming to Thailand for a few days / couple of weeks as a monger over the next few weeks I would give Bangkok a miss and head straight down to Pattaya.

15 Dead 678 injured, Red Shirts setting up barracades on Sukhumvit, Red Shirts hiding behind Tourists in KSR, Sjytrain shutdown etc etc Our Darkest hour

I haven't been able to wear my United Shirt (in public) for over a month :P

yes things have certainly escalated this time , very hard for sides to back down once it gets to this. Normally has to be a winner and a loser once violence is involved unfortunately( i know thailand loses no matter waht...Ihave been in Bkk when trouble before but this time seems to be quite a lot more serious...Four weeks to go till i land in Bkk so a lot can happen but will be wary thats for sure...

15 Dead 678 injured, Red Shirts setting up barracades on Sukhumvit, Red Shirts hiding behind Tourists in KSR, Sjytrain shutdown etc etc Our Darkest hour

Wearing a united shirt you really should be a target :lol:

Hi KLW

I will be in Bangkok next week but am now considering detouring to Phuket.

Do you think we have seen the worst of this political unrest/violence?

If an election is called in the next few days will things go back to normal in BKK?

Is Bangkok under marshall law?

Are business's still operating? (Nana Plaza bars)

The political unrest in Thailand does get much coverage on Australian tv so is hard for me to decide whether i should go ahead with my trip to Bangkok or change my plans.

My main concern is the the protesters blockading the airport, leaving me stranded in BKK .

I would appreciate any feedback from any local/expat BM's

cheers Jamie

Hi KLW

Do you think we have seen the worst of this political unrest/violence?

If an election is called in the next few days will things go back to normal in BKK?

Is Bangkok under marshall law?

Are business's still operating? (Nana Plaza bars)

The political unrest in Thailand does get much coverage on Australian tv so is hard for me to decide whether i should go ahead with my trip to Bangkok or change my plans.

My main concern is the the protesters blockading the airport, leaving me stranded in BKK .

I would appreciate any feedback from any local/expat BM's

cheers Jamie

one of the girls i get on with emailed me and said she has stopped working as its bad time :(:(:(

one of the girls i get on with emailed me and said she has stopped working as its bad time :(:(:(

DOH ! :(

did she say if other girls have stopped working or if the bars are still operating? :huh:

thanks for the update lotusguy

cheers mate

Do you think we have seen the worst of this political unrest/violence? NO

If an election is called in the next few days will things go back to normal in BKK? Election wont be called in next few days 6 Months at the earliest

Is Bangkok under marshall law? YES

Are business's still operating? (Nana Plaza bars) YES But many of the Girls are staying away using it as an excuse to take time off for Songkran

My main concern is the the protesters blockading the airport, leaving me stranded in BKK . NO CHANCE

Do you think we have seen the worst of this political unrest/violence? NO

If an election is called in the next few days will things go back to normal in BKK? Election wont be called in next few days 6 Months at the earliest

Is Bangkok under marshall law? YES

Are business's still operating? (Nana Plaza bars) YES But many of the Girls are staying away using it as an excuse to take time off for Songkran

My main concern is the the protesters blockading the airport, leaving me stranded in BKK . NO CHANCE

i only got back last week and the army were all over the roads and hiways ,making sure the airport was safe i dont think they will let it happen again. political unrest seem fine but fucking around with the airport will not happen again...

I have been to the Airport on 3 occasions since this current protest started and securety is getting much tighter, last time I was there was Saturday morning and it was crawling with troops.

i only got back last week and the army were all over the roads and hiways ,making sure the airport was safe i dont think they will let it happen again. political unrest seem fine but fucking around with the airport will not happen again...

Thanks for the update's KLW & lotusguy

If BKK is business as usual, i'll be there next week as planned.

If you guys wanna meet up @ Nana the drinks will be on me B)

cheers guys :D

Thanks for the update's KLW & lotusguy

If BKK is business as usual, i'll be there next week as planned.

If you guys wanna meet up @ Nana the drinks will be on me B)

cheers guys :D

fucking hell , i alway miss the free drinks. <_>

I got an email from my hotel recommending that I postpone my stay in BKK. They said that there is no danger but It would be difficult getting around the city as well as to and from the airport.

I'm going to wait until a few days before I leave, but I may go straight to Phuket.

Jamie, if you go to Nana, will you let us know how it is? I will be arriving on May 1st.

Have a beer with you there or in Phuket!

I landed at Suvarnabhumi about 12.30 on the 12th and took a meter taxi to the Dynasty Grande. The only thing I noticed on the way was a red shirt parade on a road off of the freeway. Once in Nana area, things seemed normal to me. I waited for my girl and her friend to meet me outside the hotel, they took a long time getting there, but once they arrived, we went out for the evening. We took the BTS and taxis with no problem and minimal traffic. Early the next morning we took a taxi down to Ekamai bus station (BTS not running that early) and hopped a bus to Pattaya for the week. From my day there, if I wasn't watching the news, I wouldn't have known there was any trouble right now.

I landed at Suvarnabhumi about 12.30 on the 12th and took a meter taxi to the Dynasty Grande. The only thing I noticed on the way was a red shirt parade on a road off of the freeway. Once in Nana area, things seemed normal to me. I waited for my girl and her friend to meet me outside the hotel, they took a long time getting there, but once they arrived, we went out for the evening. We took the BTS and taxis with no problem and minimal traffic. Early the next morning we took a taxi down to Ekamai bus station (BTS not running that early) and hopped a bus to Pattaya for the week. From my day there, if I wasn't watching the news, I wouldn't have known there was any trouble right now.

Hi Felix69

thanks for the update, things seem to have settled down for now,

I will be in BKK next week Thursday 22nd > Tuesday 27th

MrCreosote I'll post updates daily on how things around Nana Plaza are going (LB action) :P

Any other BM's in BKK wanna meet up for drinks @ Nana Plaza send me a PM

cheers

:D

Rajprasong has been designated a danger zone due to the stockpile of weapons and the "terrorists" congregated in the area, Army spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd said yesterday.

Article

I live here and wouldn't consider going downtown at the moment

Rajprasong has been designated a danger zone due to the stockpile of weapons and the "terrorists" congregated in the area, Army spokesman Colonel Sansern Kaewkamnerd said yesterday.

Article

I live here and wouldn't consider going downtown at the moment

What area does Rajprasong cover? Whitch Soi´s? Nana as well?

Rajprasong is the area in front of Central World / Erwan Shrine

Main Stage is set up at intersecrion but protesters are spread out as far North as klong saeb (Close to Petchaburi Rd / Panthip Plaza, South down to Ratchadamri BRS (1 KM from Silom) West to MBK and East to Wireless Road in front of British Embassy 500 Meters from NEP. I hve highlighted the affected areas in BLUR on the Map below

There were reports last week of Red Shirts up Sukhumvit as far as Soi 22 where some damage was done and tomorrow is a planned march to BKK Bank HQ which is on Silom making Patpong a no go area.

in my nearly 20 years of living in Thailand I have never known tensions so high and many people expect things to turn ugly again this week. After last Fridays bugled raid at SC Hotel to arrest the red Shirt leaders the Deputy PM is no longer in charge of Security and control has been handed over to a Military General.

The other uncertainty is "The Watermelons" Watermelons are the Conscripted troops who even though they wear the Green Uniform are in fact from the same impoverished regions as many of the Red Shirts and on the inside are Red Shirt Supporters, Green on the outsice, red on the Inside hence the nickname Watermelons (Tang Mo in Thai)

Its going to be an interesting few days/

moz-screenshot.pngmoz-screenshot-1.png

Ratchaprasong.PNG

I was wrong with my estimate about how far South down Ratchadamri the protest camps were, this VDO is taken coming from Rama IV Road (Lumpini Park)

@ 1:36 Ratchadamri BTS Station

The reason why not many Ews Shiers about is because this was Shot on Friday when most were travelling back to BKK after Songkran

Hope this gives you an idea of the size of the protest site

I was wrong with my estimate about how far South down Ratchadamri the protest camps were, this VDO is taken coming from Rama IV Road (Lumpini Park)

@ 1:36 Ratchadamri BTS Station

The reason why not many Ews Shiers about is because this was Shot on Friday when most were travelling back to BKK after Songkran

Hope this gives you an idea of the size of the protest site

Thanks for the update KLW

cheers mate

:D