Sign in to follow this  
Guest b-man

Stamp Passport at Immigration

If you are not a dual national and don't have two passports there is another answer if you British.

Brits can have two passports. All you need to do is submit a passport application with a letter from your company explaining that you travel to places like China, Vietnam, Myanmar etc... where you need to submit your passports for Visas but still need the ability to travel on business. Get someone to sign it and put a job title as HR Manager or something.

Just don't tell them that you line of business is mongering and hunting lb in LOS. :coffee:

Wow! Wish I'd known this a few weeks before my trip! Has anyone tried this more recently, does it still work?

I have been legitimately using 2 UK passports for 20+ years. Jimmi is correct, you just need to send a letter with the second application advising that you travel a lot to countries which require visas.

Just razor cut the page out.

and the next immigration agent will give you hell of troubles that your gf anger is heaven...

Sometime passports are well scrutineered, not necessarily in thailand.

It will result in a sort of forged passport...

I would not even dare to think about that...

and the next immigration agent will give you hell of troubles that your gf anger is heaven...

Please don't do it. The passport is not a personal property and belongs to the State. I am sure it is written on the passport.

You can ask them to fold the card and place it in the passport. ..

As for the stamp I do not know, though some countries I have been don't stamp it at all.

They often don't staple the arrival/departure card if they're lazy or don't have a stapler, but you can simply unstaple it if they do and it'll be hard to tell they ever did. But they *will* stamp the passport and you can't erase that. Any alterations in passports are a big no-no. If you're really desperate, you can tell your embassy you lost it and they'll give you an emergency one in lieu of a permanent. But cutting pages out (usually the pages are sequenced) is letting yourself in for big trouble.

They often don't staple the arrival/departure card if they're lazy or don't have a stapler, but you can simply unstaple it if they do and it'll be hard to tell they ever did. But they *will* stamp the passport and you can't erase that. Any alterations in passports are a big no-no. If you're really desperate, you can tell your embassy you lost it and they'll give you an emergency one in lieu of a permanent. But cutting pages out (usually the pages are sequenced) is letting yourself in for big trouble.

I didn't mention anything about staples

I didn't mention any alterations to the passport or cutting pages out.

You're getting your quotes mixed up

You can ask them to fold the card and place it in the passport. No need to staple it as it's not law.

I didn't mention anything about staples

I didn't mention any alterations to the passport or cutting pages out.

You're getting your quotes mixed up

Sorry I made it seem like *you* had suggested such bad advice. I needed a context for what I had to say about immigration procedures and stapling. And you did mention stapling in comment #5 as above.

The rest of the stuff was directed at what other people asked further along, about whether they stamped here, and (I thought) whether cutting a page out of one's passport was OK. I should have replied to those last 2 in separate comments quoting them.

Edited by DeepnHard

As I posted earlier the passport doesn't actually belong to the person. It belongs to the Government that issues it. So no-one else can change or pull out a page or cut a corner etc.

Please don't do it. The passport is not a personal property and belongs to the State. I am sure it is written on the passport.

you are correct, but don't address the warning to me, lol, but to the other guy suggesting to tear off one page.

Ownership of the passport to the issuing country is a protection towards the hoder.

If any foreign authority seizes the passport it has to return to the holder or to the issuing country, preventing mis-use. The issuing country can also prove holder trips and/or the fact the holder has a passport.

Edited by scottie1954

Yep you could even be detained for a period being a couple of hours or day in which case you'll miss your flight and have a lot of explaining to do. As already advised never mess around with your passport. Probably better to not travel to Thailand if it's going to be that much of a problem or get a divorce.